Mercer and Brynjolf x Reader(Female) ~Rejections(6)~

8 months later.

The silence was louder than the word entailed.

It settled thick and uncomfortably between the two men, who couldn't meet the eyes of either each other or you, Brynjolf resorting to lean back in his dining table chair and Mercer resting his elbows on the table, running a hand through his light brown hair, serious in a way that seemed more at odds rather than upset or cold. The redhead across from him bobbed his heel, the pad of his boot connected to the rug on the floor.

You had your arms crossed and stood at the head of the table rather than sitting on the chair in front of you, though you did lean on it. You watched for reactions, though they seemed to be lost for words. It was as if they thought this could never happen, as if they were immune to the very basic risks of intercourse.

"It's early enough that I can go to Winterhold and schedule an appointment with the healers, or I don't go. Know that once I book that appointment, there will be absolutely no chance of this happening again, to your betterment or otherwise," you stated quietly, though your voice did not even waver. Most women would be celebrating, others would be in tears from panic, and some would tremble at the mere thought of doing what she had just offered. Some would curse your name, some would snarl and call you out as a whore.

The dragon did not concern herself with the opinions of wolves and sheep.

"That wouldn't be fair to you, lass," Brynjolf murmured, barely able to meet her gaze. You shrugged, dipping her head and rubbing her nose before raising it again. Mercer's lips were in a thin line. He was certainly thinking hard.

"It's not about just me," you answered pointedly. The words sent Brynjolf cringing, wishing he had never even spoken. Mercer probably would know what to do. She usually knew what to do. But... This wasn't a plan of attack or some paperwork. This wasn't a break-in or a client.

This was entirely different. 

Mercer moved his elbows from the table and let his back hit his chair, arms crossing as they usually did when presented with a daunting decision. He took a long breath, armor rising slightly as he did so and let his eye close for a few moments before speaking.

"Fuck it, I say we keep it," he muttered. 

"Brynjolf?" you questioned, turning to him. He sighed, rubbing his face with his hand and letting out a quiet groan.

"Aye. Keep it."

"Who's telling the guild?" you raised a brow, lips curling into a slight smile as they both stiffened considerably. 

"I'm not," Mercer stated sharply, "you don't drag me into this. I'm not looking Delvin in the eye after the shitstorm."

"Oh, you'd be surprised how much he knows, Mercer," you smiled now, cheeky. Brynjolf let out a scoff.

"She's gone and told them all already, I guarantee it. We'll look like fools," he muttered.

You tsked. "I'm not that shallow, babes. They know about the general idea, but this? No."

Mercer snorted. "I should have expected as much."

"Oi, you shut your trap," you glared. The former Guildmaster raised his hands in instant surrender, and your coldness fell.

"Fine. Fine," Brynjolf stood, scowling. "Fine. I'll see you all in Oblivion."

"Oh, do remind Delvin that he now owes Vex a crate of spiced. She's quite good at betting, you know," you added. 

"Gods, I want to hate you so much right now," he muttered, shaking his head and walking out of the shared home and slamming the door behind him. You looked to Mercer, smiling with your eyebrows lifted.

"He reacted better than I thought he would," Mercer chuckled.

Had you told Mercer beforehand? Quite possibly. Had you staged it so that Brynjolf would get pissed? Also possible. All for the good, your odd actions. When the poor second got the news that Mercer was indeed not the father like he thought, he would be sheepishly a lot less irritable.

You tilted your head in agreement, "He'll be taking it out on you, you know," you stated.

"Oh, I know. Funny, because it's his," Mercer raised a brow, barely able to contain a smile. "He hasn't worked it out yet."

"He will," you laughed. "Be it before or after birth."

"Fucker didn't pull out," Mercer shook his head, as if he was shaming himself for not doing what Brynjolf did. You narrowed your eyes.

"Mercer Frey, I swear to Nocturnal's wrath if you-"

"I'll wait a year!" he exclaimed. "Gods, don't get on me like that! You're agitating and terrifying and I do not like it!"

"Yes, you do."

"I'll shut you up real quick."

"I am pregnant, excuse me."

"And you think that's stopping me?"

"Yes," you raised a brow. "Yes, it will."

He rolled his eyes. "It will."

"How long do you think until Brynjolf realizes, anyway?" you questioned.

Mercer shrugged. "Once the kid has bright red fucking hair, it should be blatant."

"You're jealous," you stated abruptly. "You're jealous!"

"I am not," he growled.

"Yes, yes you are!" you exclaimed. "You're giving me that look!"

"I am not!" he barked.

"It's not like the real father matters, Mercer, you both are going to be fathers to them," you shrugged, "so, why are you jealous?"

"I have shit to do."

"Oh, it's because you didn't do it first," you rolled your eyes. "Of course."

"Fuck off."

"Yeah, love you too."

"Runt."

"You know you love me."

"I'm questioning it."

"You always do that. What, seriously, can you do? Go to the Bard's College? I'm sure you'll excel there, Mercer. You'll be the best bard in all of Skyrim," you snorted. "Or, maybe the Stormcloaks. I'm sure they'd delight in your pleasures."

"Yeah, like yours," he muttered, standing and starting to walk upstairs.

You gave him a sharp look. "Mercer, don't throw shit around. That was cheap and you know it."

He paused long enough to give you a scathingly look, but nothing more.

"Raising a kid is going to be a real breeze because you and Bryn are children in adult male bodies," you barked, loud enough so he could hear. There was a quiet mutter from upstairs, and then the loud smack of Mercer also slamming a door, much like Brynjolf.

You shook your head, rolling your eyes. Men were so temperamental.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ooooo shit

this was good

like, i'm kinda happy with this one

;0

thank ya'll for being so patient, especially on those waiting for smut requests, I'm trying to keep up and the main one-shots are my priority.

We're almost at 50K reads and I'm so happy, you guys don't even know. Truly, you guys are the best :)

Dani out,

Adieu!