Veezara x Reader ~Promises~

You placed your hand on the loose gargoyle, making sure your body was hidden behind it as a female's voice decorated the air below you.

A scowl grew on your face.

The bride continued her speech, going on and on about nonsense, annoyance gripping you whole all the while. 

A few seconds, you promised yourself, then you can do it.

Anger from your employers rant on you earlier still stirred in your chest, and the general humiliation she'd put you through- forcing you to crawl in a long-dead woman's casket.

The smell still made you gag. 

Within a poorly caused impulse, you slammed down on the decorative stone, and it gave a mighty roar as it cracked off and fell through the air.

Quickly, you skittered out of sight, barely processing the fact that you should've been running at that point. A loud, deafening crack reached your ears, and the thud of the stone landing on Vittoria Vici, the bride.

Chaos ensued.

Job completed. You really hoped Astrid was happy this time.

Crouching, you silently padded across the platform you were on, swift and nearly invisible as you crept closer to the door that led you out of the wedding area.

Before you had gotten to even touch it, it swung open and you flung yourself back in a flurry of movement, believing it to be a particularly smart Solitude guard.

The Argonian that met your eyes was unexpected, but a welcome face as Veezara ushered you inside the building, quick and rushed.

"I will meet you at the stables- yes?" he rasped, seemingly upset, and you nodded.

"Got it. Did-"

"Astrid sent me. Go, ____! Talk later!" he hissed.

Obeying, you sped to the exit of the small building, thankfully coming across not a single guard, and made haste to get outside of Solitude.

You had to push through a few crowds, attempt to keep to the outskirts even in broad daylight, but you soon enough were pushing the gates of the city open.

In an act to not look suspicious, you only jogged to the stables, even though you felt much more like running at the time.

True to his word, your good friend was there, frowning as paced.

"Veezara!" you called, finally breaking into a sprint to come face to face with him, barely out of breath as he started to inspect you, head to toes.

"I swear, I will gut Astrid for this," he muttered, seemingly pleased as he found not a single scratch on your body. "You could've gotten killed, ____."

A small laugh left your lips, "And I didn't get killed. No worries."

He shook his head. "I'm not letting you go alone again."

"Veezara, it's fine-"

"It's not fine, ____! If it was 20 guards that showed up instead of me, you'd be dead! I can't... I'm not going to lose you."

"Look, hun, it's okay. I'm okay. Sure, that was a bad situation, but that's what assassins have to deal with," you assure quietly.

He scoffed. "We deal with staying hidden, not slice and run!" Veezara toned himself down moments later, sighing. "____... just promise you'll be careful from now on."

Strongly, you agree. "Of course I will. Don't be so worried, Vee." 

As an additive, you wrapped your arms around him, comforting and calming. You knew Veezara would get worried about you, but not to this extent.

"____," he started, and you both pulled back, standing significantly closer than before.

"Yeah?" you questioned, noting his odd stance and peculiar fidgeting. Veezara really wasn't an anxious person, but he seemed to be all bent out of shape.

Abruptly, he shook his head. "Nevermind."

"C'mon, Vee."

"Not going to say."

"Please?"

"No."

"Vee," you mutter.

"I refuse."

"Was it one of those 'I'm interested in you' confessions?"

He froze.

"I'm interested in you, too," you state with a smile.

"How did you..."

"You know I've always been good at reading you, Vee."

"Dammit."

~~~~~~~~~

I hate this chapter on all the keys. Sorry, @Wandering_Dreamer13 eheheee.

I dunno.  I just think the request could've been executed better by me, with more detail and stuff. It's super short too.

Ughhhhhh. Tomorrow will be better.

Anyway, other requests?

I will await them-

Dani out,

Adieu!