Veezara x Reader ~A Contract(2)~

It was not Alduin who had nearly killed you.

It was not the First Dragonborn who had nearly killed you.

No, you had almost killed yourself with the one thing you were supposed to be able to master, the one thing you were supposed to be able to control and absorb and manipulate.

Dragon souls.

Alduin's soul and Miraak's combined were too strong and together the souls overpowered your own and almost destroyed it. Now, that wasn't the cause of your current state, but it certainly was a part of it.

Being after you had to beat those dammed things into submission you were the weakest you had ever been. You had no defense against opponents.

And that is how the mighty Dragonborn got almost killed by a traveling thief. Granted, the thief was disgustingly skilled with a dagger, but you still somehow managed to kill him. Now, after sustaining multiple injuries on your back deep enough to cut some hundreds of nerves on your spine, you could barely walk. 

You wouldn't be able to, had you not been Dragonborn. Your body had healed itself as best it could, but spinal injuries were so much more complex than just a normal stab wound. You couldn't walk well- it was more like an awkward hobble, but at least you could. Some days, you had to use a cane. Other days, you didn't even get out of bed.

Stop getting your hopes up. Stop getting your hopes up. For your own sake, don't.

You blew out a breath, trying to sake it off. Veezara would be back in a few days with Babette.

Until then, you would have to wait.

'''''

"____!" came the girl's voice, loud and clear. You blinked awake, abruptly launching yourself out of slumber. 

"____?" Veezara questioned, only to spot you on the dining table, shaking yourself awake. "I got Babette."

You nodded. "Come, sit, both of you. I must tell you both my plan- though I know not if it will work."

Babette raised a brow but ambled over and pulled out a chair, hopping on it while Veezara did the same. Their gaze on you was completely serious and focuses.

"I knew you weren't dead," Babette murmured.

You chuckled. "I'd almost rather be."

"You wanted to become a vampire- see if it can heal your wounds," she commented. "Don't you?"

"I do. My hope is minimal. If it does not work, kill me. I mean it," you instructed.

She nodded. "Vee likes you too much, he couldn't bring himself to do that and I wouldn't make him," Veezara had a sour look on his face, obviously not liking the idea of killing you, be it him or the three-hundred and some year old vampire child. "I'll gladly kill you. You look simply miserable, you know. Empty. Hollow. A bard would be able to look at you and cry out poetry for the masses and make thousands cry, just by your eyes."

You rolled your eyes. "Of course. I'm so sorrowful, woe is me."

"But you're not going to die," Veezara cut in. "Right?"

"If my theory proves correct," you stated. He cringed, shaking his head.

Babette stood from her chair and walked over to you. "The change is painful and fast, ____. The bite feels like someone punched you. You sure?"

"Positive," you leaned your neck to the side as she inched closer. "Have at it, Babs."

The next thing you knew, she had bitten you, and by the gods, it did feel like someone punched you! It felt like the first and only time Arbjorn had punched you in a play brawl to try to knock you off your feet because you were the noobie, but you held your ground and were merely dazed.

A quiet wheeze left your lips as her teeth left your neck, the blood flowing out before even worse pain waved in to replace the bite's unpleasantness.

You had eventually resorted to lay your head on the table in front of you, clenching your eyes shut and feeling your heart stop beating, feeling your lungs constrict uncomfortably from not having air.

When you tried to breathe, no air entered your lungs.

And then, your once numbed back, completely unaware to the back of the dining chair behind it, started to tingle harshly. You let out a quiet groan, shaking your head as the pain worsened and you were left to merely deal with it.

Minutes later, the transformation had been completed.

And you stood from your chair, eyes glowing a brilliant, new amber.

"It worked."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

this took so long and i am so sorry lol

ugh, wattpad can be so stupid sometimes

i need to catch some sleep to wake up early tomorrow for the chapter fest

;;;;))))))

dani out, 

Adieu!