Farkas x Reader(Female) ~A Home For Us~

When it started to pour, she was just on the border into Whiterun hold, and the storm brewed and raged for as far as she could see. Thunder and lightning riddled across the sky like the Divines themselves were in a rage, the strikes of white light and booming thuds that made your heart skip a beat happening often and never seemed to cease in their intensity. If anything, they got stronger.

Rain pelted her and her poor mare, who whined in discomfort at the loud noises and cold temperature, the wind and the rain mixing to make the air chillier than it normally was this time of year. Despite leaving Whiterun behind her in her past, a man from the city still lurked in her thoughts on occasion, leaving her sleep even more restless and hard to grasp. Even when she did dream, she dreamt of him, of a pretty little house and a baby boy and girl, running amuck. One with her hair and nose, the other with her eyes and cheekbones. In those brief instances, she was a carefree mother of two with a loving husband at her side that cared for their children just as well as she.

Like the perfect wish come true for a few hours as she lay still, unconscious from her meager slumbers. She had a garden, a display for her armor and her weapons that she hadn't used for a long time along with the burden that they carried, her titles thrown away in place of, "Momma!" and, "____," and (her favorite), "Honey!"

And when she woke from those dreams, she cried.

She cried for the things she would never have, for he was no longer hers. He was gone. Her big, clumsy Nord that smiled like sunshine and had a voice like this thunder, his touch softer than silk despite his scarred and worked hands. She remembered every detail of him. The way his eyes sparkled with the light, the way he grinned and the way he always had a bit of a troubled time trying to express things with words, though he certainly wasn't stupid just because he preferred to stay silent than talk meaninglessly.

He... He was gone.

She had lost him, hadn't she? Years spent dealing with Miraak. Years of learning, of training, of not being able to speak or else she'd break buildings.

As she secured her horse in the stable and then closed the doors, she didn't know if it was tears that streamed down her face or rain. She didn't want to know.

Her walk to the Whiterun city gates was accompanied by the pounding of thunder, 9 lighting strikes, a pickup of wind, and more rain. The droplets were starting to turn into hail, and they scratched and nicked her face to their delight.

The pain was merely a distraction from the hole in her chest. She entered without fuss from the soaked guards trying to stay close together, and then, she knew she was crying.

Her lips trembled, a sob ripped out of her throat, and she got a few steps out before she just sat on the street, curled up into herself and just wept. She didn't care if she was in the rain. She didn't care she was soaked to the bone and shivering.

She had lost it all. She had lost everything she could have had. She had her happiness, her good ending, before she even tasted it. It had fallen between her fingers like sand, brought her to her knees and made tears stream down her dirtied cheeks only to fall in the dust that remained from the sand, washing her free of everything she had ever dreamed of and leaving an empty space, never to be filled again.

She wanted to go home. To him. She wanted him to hug her and tell her it was going to be okay, that he still loved her and he had missed her so much over the years.

The quick, rushed footsteps of armored boots hitting the ground and puddles echoed distantly in her ears. They came to a thudding halt and a quiet, deep voice met her ears.

"You alright? You shouldn't be out here in this weather," came the gentle murmur.

Her head moved the slightest bit.

"____? Oh crap, oh crap, here, I got you, I got you," came the rushed words as metal-clad arms slipped under your knees and around your back, picking you up with a soft grunt but you remained unresponsive save for your head tucking closely to him. You shivered and shook violently, red marks all over you from the hail.

You weren't really conscious then. You were dazed and therefore you were in a very sleepy state, so when you were put down on something comfortable, your body wanted to sleep.

So it did.

And you woke up, a few hours later, with a hand resting atop yours.

"Farkas?" came your soft murmur, even though you hadn't opened your eyes. His scent was always the same. His hands were always the same.

"Yeah. Are you... Do you feel okay?" he questioned, worried.

Your face moved into a sweet, tired smile and you cracked an eye open. "As long as I've got you," you answered quietly.

"I haven't seen you in years," he was sitting next to you. You were on a bed. His bed. His voice was warm and it made you feel light. "I... I missed you. A lot."

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay. I'm just happy you came back."

"I'm so sorry."

His arms wrapped around you tightly as you started to cry, biting your lip and digging your head into him as you apologized and sobbed.

"It's okay. You didn't know it would be that long. It's okay."

"I'm sorry."

"Don't cry. Please don't cry. You have a home. You have me. You have everything you dreamed of. Did I do it well? No kids yet- sorry on that one," he murmured, slightly rushed. 

"I missed you," you choked out between sobs. "I missed you a lot."

"I missed you a lot too."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

gahahaghhah

this was gonna be like super sad but i could do it- i chickened out and this is the result.

i dont even know if it makes sense but whatever

hope yall are at least somewhat entertained lol

dani out

Adieu!