Brynjolf x Reader(Female) ~Enchanted(2)~

2 years later

"Out of my way, lover boy, I got things to do," your voice rang in the Cistern, sharp and stern. You hadn't slept for quite a few days, and that fact was apparent. The guild was in hustle mode, Mercer was at his wits end with the paperwork he was getting loaded with, Vex and Delvin and Tonilia were all being sent on jobs for the first time in years, and all the new recruits were working their tails off. Brynjolf was constantly handing out jobs, doing write-ups of completed jobs, and spreading the word about members in captivity and organizing their escape, hitting up more important things himself on the rare occasion when you were completely at max capacity for missions and generally working his ass off.

Everyone was working their ass off ever since you busted Mercer's betrayal with Karliah at your side. He was on good behavior now after the multiple beatings, lectures, and check-ins you'd been slapping on him. You'd denied him of any drink, any extra pay, and the vault was very quickly being filled back up with your watchful eye.

After that whole shitshow and you getting back on good terms with Nocturnal, the guild was absolutely flourishing.

"Excuse me for bringing this up, lass," Brynjolf started, crossing his arms and his eyes looking to yours sharply as his lips drew into a thin line, "but I haven't seen you take a break for at least three weeks now. Don't you think it's about time you take a day off?"

You scowled, trying to sidestep him, but he effectively blocked you with minimal effort. Brynjolf's continued cold, no-compromise attitude was unlike him. He was always the positive one, lifting the stress as best as he could and more than often, he was extremely successful. You hadn't seen your fellow second get this serious in a fair while.

It caused you to be on edge more than you already were. You had just come back from venturing across half of Skyrim, completing 7 smaller jobs and 3 bigger projects in a little under a week. That, compared to the new recruits, who could do (at a maximum) two small heists in a week, was stupidly good.

All the masters (Vex, Delvin, Brynjolf, Mercer, the like) could also probably pull that off, but they didn't force themselves to go at that grueling of a pace. Mercer for sure could beat that, and Brynjolf too, but they were so overloaded they could barely leave the base.

"I was going to reload on the jobs, turn my completed ones in, get some food, and sleep. You are stopping that process," you stated harshly. Cynric watched the confrontation from a few feet away, Niruin beside him and making small talk on it as they rested for the day.

Sapphire was hastily rummaging through her things in the background, grabbing a stack of lockpicks and running off. Vipir yelled at her a bold, not-so-charming name because she'd kicked him in the ankle as she scuttered off, grinning while he muttered under his breath. Rune was ranting to Mercer, making absurd gestures and obviously frustrated while the Guildmaster listened, casually doing paperwork and commenting modestly when necessary. Thrynn was passed out in the pond due to one of the newbies throwing him in to steal his bed and the former bandit was passed out so hard he didn't even wake when he was dropped into the water.

Etienne, one of the newer members, made a beeline for the Flaggon, damaged armor in hand and wearing a casual tunic and trousers. Garthar, another new one, snickered at the other man as he himself strapped on his armor.

In general, the entire guild was bustling with movement, and you and Brynjolf's cold conversation was just one of the many going on. That's how generally busy everyone was.

"You get enough food and sleep before you go off again, understand? Don't take many jobs, either. I need you to be available to train this Loredas, and I don't want you to be running on fumes. You're doing some serious work here, ____, though. I'm proud of you."

You rolled your eyes at Brynjolf's stern talk but in reality, you appreciated him caring. You took a few steps closer, pecked his lips and began to walk off.

"Got it, redhead!" you called.

He shook his head, looking at you leave until both Cynric's and Niruin's snickers reached his ears and he sent a sharp look to the pair, which quickly moved their attention to something or someone else.

Ravyn, a former Morag Tong member who had also joined recently, jogged up to Brynjolf and handed him a sheet of paper. "Got that map you needed from Whiterun. What, you planning to open up a second base or something?"

Brynjolf chuckled, his demeanor much less serious and uptight as it once was and took the folded paper and slipped it into one of his armor pockets. "That's up to Mercer and ____, but that's what I would guess."

"She's something, alright," the dark elf noted. "I'm sure you have plenty of other jobs, though?"

A nod. "I've established a board, pick up a paper and complete the job. They're the simple, one hit and done jobs. Vex and Delvin have all the others. If I need you for a major one, I'll track you down. Fair?"

"Plenty," Ravyn answered. "I'll be off."

"Safe travels," Brynjolf responded.

When the elf had walked off, Brynjolf let out a groan, his hands rubbing his faces.

Right, paperwork. Then, he had to train in Sapphire a bit more on her footwork, and then he had to write up to Nazir for a little snitch.

That was only the first three.

He didn't want to think about the other twenty.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

rip everyone in the guild

that'd brutal, being that busy and low on thieves

yikers

part 3? 

requests?

i'm nine days behind INCLUDING the smut book on requests, so I have no idea if its gonna get up soon or not XD

i have 9 ideas written down too, so that's eighteen things i wanna do, and that is of 3 pm, 6/19/19

im ok.

im ok.

im fine.

hehe, i'm gonna be on a roll today. just you wait.

dani out,

Adieu!