Ulfric x Reader(Female) ~Hard Nights(2)~

6 months later

When you woke, you woke with the very pressing need to vomit.

You had slapped Ulfric's hands off your waist, efficiently waking him too as you scrambled out of his protective embrace and stumbled to the bathroom connected to your shared bedroom, the quiet bark of surprise Ulfric managed not even gaining a lick of attention from you.

No, you were much too busy hurling up your food into the waste bin, your stomach convulsing painfully as your throat burned and your mouth lingered with the nasty taste of bile.

There was a sputter of curses, and then a large, warm hand was rubbing your back lightly and pulling your hair out of the way. Ulfric, the poor man, was trying his best to keep you calmed down, as your eyes watered and you looked to be physically in much more pain then he knew you would like to admit.

Finally, you were able to stop yourself from throwing up, leaning against your husband rather heavily as you bit your lip and tried not to cry, though you didn't really know why your body wanted you to cry because obviously, you didn't have an urge to.

Gods above, you were cycling again, no doubt.

As you focused on the thought, something stuck out, something rather concerning.

You hadn't realized it, but you hadn't had a cycle for a few months now.

"____?" Ulfric murmured, "You alright?"

You wiped the tears that had formed away, swallowing hard.

It couldn't be...

Ulfric handed you a rag, and you wiped your mouth off, positioning yourself so that your head was tucked under his chin and you were in his lap.

"Sorry, I... I don't know what that was."

Now you sure as hell did.

"My dear, I know you too well to know those words to be true with the look on your face," Ulfric pointed out. "You're cycling, are you not? Why did you not tell me? I thought we had gone over this."

You gave him a sharp look. "Ulfric, are the sheets red?"

He glanced back to the room, the bathroom door wide open, and did not see a hint of red.

He looked back to you. "They are not."

"Are my shorts red?"

"No," Ulfric answered, eyes narrowing.

You ran your tongue over your lips, trying to find a way to explain this.

"Now realizing it," you started, "I haven't bled for about 4 months."

He stiffened.

"You didn't tell me that," he muttered.

You bit your lip.

There was a long silence.

And then, suddenly, everything clicked for Ulfric.

You could see it on his face, the way his eyes snapped to yours faster than lightning. The way his hand around your waist tightened, and the way he leaned back to fully look at you.

"You're pregnant," he stated quickly.

"I'm pregnant," you repeated.

A wide, boasting and utterly joyous grin spread across his lips, his entire face lighting up. "I'm going to be a father."