Ralof x Reader(Female) ~The Fort(3)~

Ralof stood outside of Galmar Stone-Fist's tent, frowning, shifting from what foot to the other, and internally debating without end.

Confusion and anxiousness was all he could feel, questioned roaring around in his head.

He cleared his throat, fixed himself as best he could, and then spoke. "General Stone-Fist?"

There wasn't a second of wait as the deep, accented response bit through the air. "Go ahead, Ralof."

The young man entered, moving aside the fabric to meet eyes with Galmar. He saluted quickly.

"Obviously, you need something. Don't tell me you lost that girl already."

Ralof shook his head. "It's... It's complicated."

"Well? I don't have all day."

Ralof turned, showing his shoulder that had now branded a crest of black, gold, and a deep blood-red.

Galmar froze, eyes widening.

"How the fuck did you get that?" he demanded.

"I- The woman I brought in, she-"

"What did she say?" Galmar barked.

"She told me to tell you and that I was on her council or something!" Ralof wheezed out. "I have no idea what this means."

The general seemed to calm, though still not completely at ease. "You work with the Dragonborn now, kid."

Ralof blinked. "What?"

"That's her crest. Her emblem. You're liberated, Ralof. Tell your brothers in arms your farewells, she'll be back soon."

"But-"

"She branded you for a reason. You're going to be dealing with bigger things, now, kid. Good luck. I can't tell you anything more."

Ralof swallowed thickly. "Can I ever come back?"

"Only if she allows it," Galmar muttered. "Now, go."

The young Nord cursed, turning around and not even giving the General his dues, something he never would have done.

Never. He would've never just turned his back on a General without dismissal. Gods above, he was losing it.

He exited the tent, taking a large breath once more before heading to the main fire. If was Galmar said was true, he'd best heed the man's advice.

The walk to the fire was almost nauseating. With every step, he felt as if the world around him weakened, the wind no longer whistled in his ear, the sun no longer warmed his face. It was as if everything around him numbed.

He did not feel.

He did not feel the anxiety once crawling through his veins, the fear crawling along his mind. No, the only sensation he could recognize was a faint heartbeat, thrumming gently so different to his own.

A soft whisper of wings flew overhead.

It grew louder with each passing moment until the ground shook under a dragon's mighty landing, the grass being flattened by a gentle impact of feet.

His head turned to the left- to the clearing.

There you stood, eyes darkened and tired with a huge red dragon nuzzling your side, rumbling quietly it's a seemingly overwhelming concern.

A soft smile glittered across that face, so different than the prisoner you'd played before. Your clothes were different- not the rags he'd given you.

Pristine black leather outlined your shoulders and covered your body, a gold cloak attached to your back.

"Come, Ralof," you offered quietly, "all I need is for you to meet the other council members. Your change is undergoing, do not be afraid. I am sure it has already set in."

He flinched. "I don't understand."

"I will explain it in time. You will be back here, serving under both my banner and the Jarl of house Stormcloak soon enough," you padded forward, stopping in front of him with warm eyes and that warm smile.

You placed your hand on his shoulder. "Now, I hope you are not afraid of heights."

He shook his head, "No, I'm not."

"Good," your smile morphed into a wolfish grin he was more familiar with, "now we ride."

And then, you were tugging him to the dragon, the huge beast letting out a puff of smoke from its nostrils as it's golden eyes looked upon him.

"This is Odahviing," you introduced, "he is one of the many dragon's in my service. Though, normally I do not ride him; my dragon is much, much larger. Soon, you will come to have your own dragon."

The dragon let out a deep chuckle. "Your dragon is Alduin- you are thurii."

"Shush," you chuckled. "Do not scare Ralof."

Effortlessly, you hopped onto the dragon, motion him to follow suit mere seconds later.

With doubt, a lot of struggling, and a helping hand pull him up, both of you were successfully on the dragon.

"Bo," you ordered with an odd rasp.

The dragon shot into the air, and he nearly barfed.

"Oh dear," you murmured, glancing to his pale, sickly face.

~~~~~~~~~~

This one was short, I know, sorry y'all! Thanks for the request :)

Ralof the dragon rider.

woof woof.

Requests?

Comments? Questions?

Who is your least favorite character?

Dani out,

Adieu!