Ondolemar x Reader ~A City on Fire~

The instant, you saw the blue and white flag come into view from further down the road, you barely could breathe. Your chest clenched, panic overtaking your mind as you whipped around and hauled ass back to Markarth.

Your feet pounded against the gravel, light robes fluttering as you sprinted and face beginning to redden. Tears prickled at your eyes already- terror gripped your veins.

As if on instinct, a strong magical aura wrapped around you as you got within sight of the stone and gold city, not breaking from your sprint still. The silent rumble of magic awakening filled your veins, and as you passed the stables and slammed the doors open to enter the city, your hands trembled.

Pushing people away and dodging as many as you could, you dashed to the underkeep of the city, barging in without so much as a glance to the guards who screeched and whipped around, only to see your retreating frame.

"Ondolemar! Master Ondolemar!" you called loudly, face completely wrought with utter panic as you fought for breath.

The Thalmor, who had been scowling as he look upon one of the dogs, snapped his head around. His eyes, usually cold and emotionless, flickered with alarm at your state, so unusually disheveled. 

"What is it?" he barked.

"T-There's an army of Stormcloaks," you choked out, "10 minutes out. I-"

"One of you," Ondolemar hissed to his guards, "tell the Jarl. The rest- evacuate the citizens or get them into their homes."

The guards scrambled off, completely silent and obedient as they ushered off to do their tasks. Markarth keep guards started to curse, mumble to each other, and generally start to go into frenzies.

Ondolemar took a few long strides to stand in front of you, eyes staring simply only at you.

You flinched, slight fear pouring into your wide eyes. "I'm sorry I couldn't get the-"

"Be quiet, little bird," he murmured, "I need you to hide, understand?"

"But what if you get hurt, Master?" 

You couldn't stop the question- couldn't stop your stupid, stupid mouth. If your master wasn't so relaxed, you'd be getting whipped just for asking that! Just for doubting the power of a Justiciar! He had time to do it, but would he?

As if he knew your thoughts, his face seemed to relax. Not so hard, not so distant.

"I will be fine, my apprentice. Do not come out until it is safe," he repeated quietly.

You swallowed thickly, glazing into the stone below you as tears brimmed your eyes and you faintly nodded.

A hand came to tilt your chip up, to raise your face to his. The fingers of his hand were slim and long, casting heat to your cheeks as a single tear dripped down them.

Lowly, he frowned, but the reason why you could not disconcern. Why was he frowning? You did not understand why he was so lenient, why he never got upset or ever commented on a failure. You did not understand why he did not scream at you and torture you for even letting the slightest tear show.

His head bowed down.

You did not understand why he placed a soft kiss to your forehead; the sensation of warmth still tingling upon it as he pulled back.

The emotion on his face was nothing but displeasure. He was angry. Angry.

"You will hide, my little bird, and I will get these disgraceful pests out of your nest. I will keep you safe," he promised quietly, hand slowly falling back to his side.

All you did in return was nod and try not to cry even more. Tried not to be afraid, tried not to be scared.

A light touch rested upon your shoulder. "Do not be startled, ____, all will be well. Off you go- hide in my office."

Glancing back more often than you should, you started to shuffle to a nearby room.

His office. You'd been in here before. There was a nook in the floor for hiding, a place you could fit into with a little wiggling and hopefully be safe.

Soft footsteps whispered above, and then the sound of magic being cast, the thrum of power being etched onto the stone above you.

Runes. Your Master had placed runes?

"Be safe, my little one," came the quiet, nearly inaudible whisper. 

Tears flowed freely from your face.

You were alone- alone in the darkness.

You were pressed up against unforgiving walls, so tight you could barely move.

With a quiet whimper, you tried to distract yourself.

And little did you know, the time spent in that small, cramped space would be much more terrifying than Ondolemar had let off on.

~~~~~~~~~~

@Arcane777 I'm going to do both a smut part and a normal part because i got this idea, and I'll have another one for the smut haha. I just wanted to sneak in some Ondolemar here ;)

Part 2?

@_K_M_M_ your request is tomorrow!

fingers crossed, I'll be able to get a smut one-shot done and a normal one!

-Queen_of_Wolves- your smut will be tomorrow (fingers crossed) and then Arcane's!

Alright y'all! thanks for the votes and reads and comments! 

Dani out,

Adieu!