Marcurio x Reader(Female) ~Woman of Scars(3)~

After your nightmare, it became very evident you weren't going back to sleep. Marcurio had noticed it too, and had started asking a nauseating amount of questions, just waiting for you to snap. However, what he didn't know, was that when you were tired but couldn't sleep, you didn't snap. Your patience was at an all-time high, and you were frankly glad he was talking because it gave you something to think about other than your dreams.

Most of it was stupid questions. What was your favorite color? Did you favor berries or carrots? What things did you like? Potatoes? Tomatoes? Both?

On the same dish?

"Want a sweet roll?" he questioned, noticing you were staring off.

You jerked up. "Please."

"That's too bad, we don't have any," he mused.

Your face fell, and you stared blankly at him. Why was he so cruel? 

"What? We don't have any," he repeated, knowing exactly what he was doing and just being a smartass about it. You shook it off, sighing and slipping back into your bedroll and hiding your head underneath the furs. D

You enjoyed the warmth of the cave and the bedroll. It was colder than a troll's arse outside, anyway.

"You're mean," you grumbled.

"I can be mean. I wouldn't say it's a personality trait, though," he argued. "I am rude, yes. But mean? No."

"You are."

"What evidence do you have to support yourself, huh? You carry around books?" he challenged, eyes narrowing. He was still playful- but his playfulness was easily mistaken as him being serious. You'd done it plenty of times, even though you knew him well, but people who didn't know him well just assumed he was serious all the time and was a complete dick.

You didn't ever care to change their opinions. Marcurio obviously didn't care, so why should you?

"You offered me a sweet roll and then said that you didn't have any," you muttered.

"First of all, I offered nothing. Second of all, I don't understand how that is interpreted as mean, and third of all, how do I know you're not just making it up?" he huffed.

"We literally just talked about it," you grumbled.

"Oh? Did we?" he provoked.

You gave him a dark look. "Shut up, Marcurio."

"Right, that nightmare of yours had you in a rotten mood. Tell me about it," he raised a brow at your quickly forming scowl.

You shook your head. He raised both of his eyebrows, not impressed.

"Tell me, ____."

"You'll laugh at me."

"I will not. I have seen you take an arrow to the gut and not shed a tear, but that nightmare you had freaked you the hell out, and you looked ready to cry, and you probably did but refuse to show me," he pressed.

"My time with the Thalmor," you stated quietly.

He froze.

"____, I didn't..."

"You didn't know because I've never told you. Sure, you know the scars, but that's it," you murmured. "It's not your fault for not knowing. I should have told you earlier."

"How often does it happen? The nightmares?" he questioned.

"Anywhere from once a month to every day. It just depends," you sighed quietly.

"I'm sorry I was being awful about it," he apologized.

"That's just you being you," you raised a brow. "I'm not mad, I just don't like talking about them. I told someone about them a few years back and I actually did get laughed at, and they promptly explained how I was delusional."

Marcurio growled. "That fucker is an idiot then. Don't listen to that shit. Thalmor is Thalmor."

"I suppose," you murmured.

"Hey, don't go low on me," he nudged you. "I still need to talk myself to sleep, you know."

You rolled your eyes. "Of course you do."

"I like the sound of my voice, what can I say?"

"You're such a narcissistic ass, you know that?"

"But you love me," he winked.

You waited a while to respond and all the while he got more nervous and more nervous.

"Sure," you sighed. "I love you."

"I know, and to off put so much love being cast upon myself, I send some of that love to you," he grinned.

"You hair is ugly."

"You know what, fuck you."

"Your face is crooked."

"My face is not-"

"You're Marcurio," you snickered. "So everything is magically perfect."

There was a moment where he didn't get it.

And then, he gave you a dry look.

"You're funny," he muttered.

"I know."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Short, I know!

more chapters coming :D

requests?

dani out,

Adieu!