Ulfric x Reader(Female) ~Clarity~

"You're not going to get the crown unwed, Ulfric. You know this. You know this and you still try to ignore it. You'd best be marrying fucking Elisif unless there's there more you're not telling me along with the fact that the Dragonborn won us this war," the housecarl spat harshly, rough voice powerful and filling the hall. "I still don't understand why you kept it a secret. You understand how many people would've signed up knowing we had the-"

"First of all," Ulfric's baritone voice rang out, surprisingly calm considering how when Galmar went on his rants he'd usually get right and angry as well, "the Dragonborn is not a tool. That is the only reason why they agreed to join, and they requested to not be talked about. I honored their wishes. Second of all, Galmar, I do have a future wife, and you have not yet noticed, thus I haven't told you. She's often out anyway."

"Are you fucking kidding me?" the housecarl downright screamed. "You didn't even invite me to your wedding?"

"Galmar, calm yourself!" Ulfric teased, poorly holding back rare laughter. The Stormblade, leaning against the war room and watching the madness with a grin, laughed richly in the background. He met her eye for the briefest second. "We aren't wed yet, thus why I used the word future, old friend, and when we are, you will be there. Talos, someone's stuck a claw up your arse today!"

"Don't have a stroke," ____ chuckled to Galmar, who whipped around to her and gave her a nasty look. 

"Shut your fucking mouth, Stormblade, I don't need your shit right now. Why are you not upset?" he guffawed, eyes widening as he looked at her, betrayed almost.

Ulfric could die with laughter. Maybe because she's my soon-to-be wife? he snickered to himself.

She gave whisked him over with a hand, shaking her head while the stationed guards in the hall got a kick out of the interactions they had. It was common knowledge by now with the guards that ____ Stormblade was soon to be Stormcloak after the proposal just a week ago. She'd  utterly sobbed when he had shown her a ring and Ulfric had panicked, thinking that was a sign of her saying no and his entire world broke for about three minutes before she yelled at him that she didn't say yes or no yet and he had already accepted his lonely, disgraceful death and the fact he'd never go to Sovngarde by then, so the yes was more than welcome after those three hopeless, bleak minutes.

The guards had found it hilarious, and being everything had gone down in the hall in the back wing, his expressions had said it all. He'd gone from terrified to distraught, to hopeless, and then ecstatic in the blink of an eye as he remembered it.

When Galmar had stormed over to her, and she showed her the ring she now had, he just missed the point.

"And you're getting married too? What the fuck!" he yelled. The guards started to break their states of attention to bend over in near-silent laughter, Ulfric forcing a wide smile as he looked at his housecarl, chest moving at random as he tried to keep in his laughter.

"Galmar," he choked out, "Galmar, you're not connecting the trenches, here."

"What is there to connect?" he shrieked. "You two are getting married and didn't think to-"

"Yes, Galmar, that's it!" ____ exclaimed, "Say that again!"

He recoiled. "You two are getting married?"

"Think about that harder," a guard offered calmly.

"The fuck do you mean? They're just getting married and I don't know their spouses! Why are you laughing at me, Gregor!" the housecarl snarled, the guard he'd yelled at sliding down the wall and slipping his helm off as he just died with laughter.

"We're getting married, Galmar," the Stormblade said slowly, trying to keep back a smile. "We are getting married."

"Yeah, you don't have to tell me! Who are you getting married to?" he yelled. "I don't understand why this is so funny!"

"We are getting married!" she repeated loudly, pointing to herself and then Ulfric. "We!"

"You're getting-"

Galmar abruptly stopped, his anger seeming disappearing and being replaced with numbed shock. He moved to a crouch, holding his face in his hands before just sitting, his elbows over his knees and his hands laced together and placed over his mouth.

"You're getting married," he repeated to himself quietly.

"Congratulations, Galmar, you figured it out," Ulfric snickered. "Only took a few years."

"You've been planning to marry for-"

"No, Galmar!" ____ barked, "That is a figure of speech!"

"But you're going be married," he stated cautiously.

"Uh-huh," she nodded.

"I'm not going to be nice to you suddenly," he warned.

"I know," she grinned.

"When's the wedding?"

"Tomorrow," Ulfric answered.

"What the fuck!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

galmar is in a constant state of anger, shock, and betrayal.

lol

dani out,

Adieu!