Vilkas x Reader ~In The Woodlands~

Blood covered you, both yours and that of others. Tears streamed down your face as rivers, your back pressed against a tree and bloody blades around the area. Hunger twisted your stomach as you tried to calm yourself, though the pain shooting from your broken ribs and ankle did nothing but hinder your attempts.

If you couldn't get moving soon, you'd be bear food. The thought only made you cry more- you could barely move, much less try to stand.

The night air bit at exposed skin and wounds, the moon shining bright above the thick canopy of trees. The heavy fog and scent of oncoming rain was all you could smell, the aroma of fresh plants peaking in here and there.

You murmured a prayer to the gods to make it through the night and see dawn once more. How long did you have until you bled out? A few hours, max?

You would die here.

You would die.

Lifelessly, you let your head rest against the trunk of the tree as you came to terms with this fact. You never liked fighting. Never were good at it- no, you had to learn. No pleasure came from it, killing others. There was never a minute of rest in your life; at least, up until now.

Killing Alduin had killed you, but you were brought back again for some shitty reason.

A soft crunch echoed nearby, making you flinch and slam your eyes shut. You didn't want to see what it was.

Your death was closer than you had anticipated.

The low, rumbling growl that vibrated through the forest made your stomach drop. The padding of huge paws upon the ground slowly approaching didn't help your fear as you couldn't help but cough up a mouthful of blood, leaning over and sputtering out the thick liquid.

You looked to the darkness around you, breathing heavily as your eyes swirled with defeat. Hopelessness.

This was the end.

A pair of bright yellow eyes pierced through the black.

Wolf. You would be killed by a wolf.

Another snarl. 

You prepared yourself for pain.

But it never came.

No, instead, a huge, grainy figure you couldn't make out in the pitch black carefully approaching. All you could see was the outline of it; strong calves and thighs, fur, a tail, broad shoulders, and-

Shoulders?

What?

"You're a werewolf," came your forced murmur, eyes widening as you met with the golden orbs of its eyes. "But you don't want to hurt me."

It would have already done so if it wanted to.

There was a soft snort from its nostrils. 

It inched closer.

"I'm not going to-" you coughed out more blood, but tried to shake it off as you continued weakly. "I'm not going to last long."

A soft growl- its eyes narrowed sharply.

Strong, hard and warm arms came to wrap around you before you were lifted off the ground easily. Gods above, this beast was warm.

There was a surprisingly soft hit to your temple, and you blacked out.

 ''''''

"Welcome to the world of the living," came a gruff voice as your eyes flickered open, your head moving around.

A cave- you were in a cave.  A fire crackled near the middle of the chamber, while a muscular dark-haired man sat beside it. A yelp echoed out of your lips as you realized you were in only a tunic and smalls, bandages wrapped around every wound on your body.

The man snorted, looking back to the fire. "I'm not going to rape you, nor have I. What's your name?"

"____," you answer instantly. "Yours?"

He merely blinked lazily. "Vilkas."

You raised a brow. The man looked up, brows furrowed.

"Don't know that name anywhere," you defended.

He recoiled, surprised, but seemed to accept it. "Probably a good thing. Who got you mangled up?"

"A group of vampires and their lovely hounds," you sighed. "The dogs caught up with me when I realized I got more than I bargained for. Not pleasant."

"I imagine not," he agreed.

There was a stiff silence.

"Thank you," you murmured quietly. "For saving me."

"Well," he muttered, "don't make a next time for this, yeah? You won't be so lucky."

A nod. "Dully noted."

He cleared his throat, standing. "I've got to go, but Riverwood is 5 minutes north. There is an inn there."

Vilkas pointed to a bag of things beside you. "Those are your things."

You blinked, surprised to still find your large stash of gold even there, much less on the top of the pile. "You didn't steal it."

"That's a jackass move," he shook his head. "Not my style. I'd rather loot it."

He started to walk out as if nothing had just occurred, leaving you alone and bewildered.

You would have to find this man again- give him proper thanks.

A Dragonborn's thanks.

~~~~~~~~~~~

No smut chapters tonight! I have to study for a test :0

My braces are starting to tear up the insides of my mouth (for those who did not know, i got braces 2 days ago- 4/22/19), but otherwise, I'm doing alright!

Part 2?

Requests?

We've reached 21k views yall and it's almost to 22k as I type, and over 1,000 votes. Honestly you guys, this means so much to me. Thank you all, the silent readers, the commenters, the voters, and the requestors! This book would be non-existent without your support!

Much, much love; from me to you!

Dani out,

Adieu!