Sheogorath x Reader(Female) ~The Shadow of Madness(2)~

As you talked and chatted with the man who towered over you, he had led you to a clearing. The fog had dissipated and revealed an outdoor eating place with a small table, two chairs, and a circle of torches around as the lighting dimmed.

You glanced to the white-haired prince, raising a brow as he moved his arms from your elbow to your shoulders, looking around. "I do hope you like it. I didn't think the day was your playground. Night suits you much better, just as I had predicted."

A chortle left your lips. "Aren't you the charmer."

"I'll strike a deal," he hummed. "In 5 hours, the candle in the middle of the table will go out. No sooner, no later."

Sheogorath leaned in closer, moving around to stand behind you and tilting his head down to your ear, "If you can make it that long without giving into temptation, I will give you one wish. If you can't, I get you."

"What do you mean by me?" you questioned, lips barely curling up. The thrill was in the hunt, was it not? This was his hunt. "I am already your champion."

His deep chuckle made your knees falter uncertainty as one of his hands rested to your waist. "I mean, I want you. I want you here. I want you nearby, at my side. I want you to be my partner in crime. I said that earlier, didn't I?"

"I would be yours, and your champion?"

"You would be everything," he offered. "Though there is a drawback. You would have to give up your life."

"I-" you bit your lips. Give up your station? That was everything to you. Your workplace, your art. He... He was gambling it?

"Doesn't the thrill out weight the fear?" he purred.

Your eyes started to flicker around. You felt no thrill in this. You didn't have control anymore- he had taken it from you, right from your hands! You had played right to his hands, dammit!

Gods, there was never winning with princes! You were going to lose everything!

"No, no, no," came his tut, "____, you do not like this, do you? Ugh, of course, you do not! How silly of me! I simply meant your relationships with other mortals! I do know you have some friends- I want you to give them up if you lose."

"Not... not my-"

"Oh, darling, that would be cruel of me to completely strip you of it," he frowned. "By giving up your life, you would lose everything you own, all your possessions. Your wealth, too. Your job, well, I can find you another. If you must stay at that same place, so be it."

You turned around, facing him. Your noses nearly touched as you looked into his cat-like eyes, your lips in a soft frown and nervousness all over your face. Fine- you would give in. 

Not without some kick, though.  

"I want to make a deal too," you murmured. "If you give in, I get to have you for a day. If you do not, then I will give you all I can for a day."

A wolfish smile came upon his face. "You're playing a dangerous game."

Your stomach flipped, but your smile mimicked his own. "It's been my life, my prince. I know how to play."

"Oh, you are good," he rumbled under his breath, "too good."

With a soft laugh, you moved away from him, moving silently to the table. He decided to follow, taking a seat across from you after pulling out a chair for you.

The hours started to slip by, the two of you slipping into conversation like water. Everything about this was a game, just like he'd said.

Every word from his mouth made you internally squirm, even the way he spoke manipulating your body like a lute. A good thing you could keep a straight face and retaliate just as hard.

He, however, had a much more difficult time hiding any sort of arousal. Sheogorath would brush it off and try to fluster you in response, but it was a fifty-fifty chance of his attempt working. Only a few times he had gotten you.

One being how vulgarly he described enjoying the way you spoke and the other being a sweet, soft compliment of your eyes. You did not do well with him being mushy, and he was beginning to figure it out as torches started to flicker.

"Darling," he purred, "would you dance with me to close off this night?"

You smiled, "Of course."

He stood and you soon did the same, your legs walking you over to him where his arms wrapped around your waist and you were obliged to reciprocate.

The candle started to go out.

His hand came to your chin.

He tilted your head up.

And he kissed you.

You blinked.

"See, I win," he hummed.

"It's still lit."

"Shit."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry it's so short!

Part 3?

Requests?

Dani out,

Adieu!