Vilkas x Reader(Female) ~In The Woodlands(4)~

You bit your lips, back pressing into the mattress as hellfire wrathed upon you, otherwise known as labor.

Your hands clenched Vilkas's so tight he reckoned you were close to fracturing them, but you were too exhausted and in pain to pay attention to his remarks. You let out a choked breath and clenched your eyes shut, an even worse push oncoming. There was a quiet murmur from your husband, his hand coming to rest on your shoulder as you craned your neck and let out a cry of pain.

"Almost there," Tilma murmured reassuringly as you blew out a breath, blinking back tears.

Your other hand gripped the mattress with such force that your lover winced at the thought of it. Your knuckles went white and you tried your best to keep your breathing regulated.

"Keep going," Vilkas offered in encouragement, but there was almost none needed as the quiet cry of a baby filled the room. 

The soft, damp warmth that was placed to your chest made a quiet sob come from your lips, your eyes looking upon the newborn girl with such love your heart felt as if it would explode.

Vilkas stiffened, eyes widening.

That was his child- he was truly a father now, truly completely responsible for the life of another human being.

You cradled the girl to you, placing kisses to her forehead and trying your best to stop from bawling. The newborn played with her hands, eyes opening slightly and closing.

With a soft smile, you moved the baby to Vilkas, who froze up instantly.

Reluctantly, he grasped the child from your arms, his strong limbs coming to scoop the girl up. Her eyes, the same silver as his, flickered open and closed while he held her. Being he sat on the bed just as you did, you moved closer to him, finding comfort in his scent and presence as the exhaustion kicked in.

"I love you both," Vilkas breathed. "I love you both so much."

''''''''''''''''''''''

"Mom!" came the young boy's bark from behind you, "She keeps beating me!"

The elder sister's familiar snort echoed in the hall. "You're a sore loser," she stated simply.

Another voice came into the fray. The youngest. "I don't see how her beating you fair and square was a beating," the girl muttered with a scowl, so similar to Vilkas when in a nasty mood.

However, it was her mood every day. The firstborn child, now a teen, resembled Vilkas and you both with her calm strength and sometimes sharp honesty. The boy... Well, it was a problematic mix of you and Lydia, though at least your son never tried to chug mead.

Lydia's did. All the time.

The boy would get barked at by Lydia, a stern glare from his father, and if Vilkas saw, the kid would be getting a heated talk.

Vilkas had a way with teens and toddlers. Anything else and he was completely out of patience to care and often got snippy, resulting in many tears and apologetic sweet rolls.

All in all, though, life was good.

"How about," you started in response to the children, "I go wake your father up and tell him what you three are doing."

The son froze. "I lost," he admitted instantly before scurrying out, his eldest sister hot on his tail while the youngest stayed by. She was 9 now, whereas the eldest was 13 and the middle boy was 11.

"Ma," she hummed. You glanced to her from your book. "Can have a sleepover with Erick?"

The answer from you was instant. "Sleepover, no. You can meet him out in the courtyard and talk till dusk, but Jon, Olfina, myself, and your father have made it clear you can only do that with supervision. No sneaking off, nothing. And when the adult wants to get to bed, you both have to as well, at your own houses."

The girl groaned. "Why?"

"Because," you sighed, "he's 3 years older than you, love, and I don't want anything to happen. Maybe when you turn 18, but not now."

"Aye, that boy's nothing but trouble," came Vilkas from behind the girl. "You know that, bucko."

The nine-year-old blew out a breath. "Alright," she murmured. 

You pulled her in for a quick hug before shooing her off to go spar with her siblings and Lydia's 2 sons, while Vilkas walked forward and pecked your forehead.

"You've got some reading done," he chuckled with a glance to your book.

"Aela, Farkas, and Lydia are watching the crowd along with anyone who's not on a job," you smiled, "figured I could get some time in."

"Huh," the father murmured.

"You can't teach them unless they ask, Vilkas," you chided.

He huffed. "Whatever."

"Love you," you snorted as he walked off to the doors outside.

A glance was thrown over his shoulder. "You look hot in that dress."

"We already have 3, Vilkas," you deadpanned.

"I just wanted to-" he started.

"Sure you did."

"I did," he surrendered. A hopeful look. "Does that account for-"

"Go outside!" you barked. "I'm not in the mood, it's morning anyway!"

"You know damn well that doesn't stop me."

You flushed. "Out, you beast."

He rolled his eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Part 5?

Requests?

I gotta skidattle!

AAAHAHAH

Dani out,

Adieu!