Romlyn Dreth x Reader ~Rumors(2)~

When you woke, everything came crashing back down on you. Romlyn was nowhere to be found in the bed, or the room. You were too scared and too embarrassed at the same time to go and seek him out. Gods, what had you done?! You'd just slept with your supervisor! And then, even, last night you had just barged into his house and-

Oh, gods, you were going to die of being so ashamed! You had never once messed anything up for your work, and now, you've just gone and ruined it all!

Why did Romlyn even offer his bed in the first place, why did you accept, and then why did you ask him to stay?! Had he just gone to work? Had he chosen to just wait until you fell asleep then went back to the guest room?

Biting your lip, you started to carefully crawl out of the bed, more than glad you were still fully clothed and padded to the door, opening it carefully and peaking your head out. Your heart raced in your chest, and you were visibly more than embarrassed at that point. Sure, you had gotten the best sleep you had in years, but gods- it was with your boss! Your boss!

Trying to dispell your emotions and mellow yourself out, you took a long breath of air in and out before tip-toeing carefully to the main rooms of his house, heart beating faster and faster all the while. Romlyn had never gotten mad at you before- he wasn't that mad at you last night even, would he really be upset now come morning? You hoped not.

Fingers crossed, he wouldn't give you the cold shoulder treatment and completely ignore your very existence. 

After checking the living room and dining room, you were left with one room. The kitchen. You hesitantly peaked through the wide doorway to the room, and low and behold, Romlyn met your gaze, smirking at your suddenly red face and quick movement of going into the doorway, not wanting to seem like you were spying on him or something.

"G-good morning," you greeted shakily, quiet at best.

He motioned you in. He wore nothing but trousers- the same ones he'd slept in, and seemed to be comfortable with his feet on a fairly nice rug arranged on the floor. It was reddish-brown in color and seemed to go alright with all the other things he had in his house. One day, you would be able to buy a house, and you were going to make it look even nicer than his. And, you were going to have to have a full cellar dedicated to snacks and sweet rolls.

Well, maybe not, but that was what you really wished for when you fell asleep. That amazing cellar filled with all sorts of goodies.

You stepped in wearily, glancing around to see the fire beneath the oven going. He chuckled. 

"Hope you don't mind chicken. It's cheaper than deer meat," Romlyn stated. You shook your head.

"No, no, it's good. I can't believe you haven't kicked me out yet," you smiled shyly, rubbing the base of your neck. "Really, uhm, thank you. Thank you so much."

"Take the guest room when you need, or even mine again. I don't mind cuddlers," he grinned, while you covered your face with your hands, groaning. They fell back to your side and you shook your head, smiling despite your nervousness. He somehow made you smile despite being so embarrassed.

"Oh, whatever," you giggled. "You know you love me."

You hadn't meant to say it, really, it just slipped out, but Romlyn laughed and agreed.

"I can't help it, you little shite. You grow on people," he smiled.

You rolled your eyes. "Stop looking so happy, you're scaring me."

"That is offensive, young one!" he exclaimed dramatically. "How dare you insult my happiness at seeing you looking like such a cub!"

"My mother nor father is a bear, Romlyn!" you yelped, easily joining the jest.

"You don't know that!"

"I think I would!" you insisted.

"I refuse to believe that," he crossed his arms, narrowing his eyes. "You're a cub."

"Can I at least be a saber cub? I like sabers, they have very pretty coats," you hummed.

"They do," he agreed. "But I assume you wouldn't like having a pelt of it, would you?"

You shrieked. "No! Don't kill them! Leave them be!"

He raised his hands in surrender. "I won't."

"Good!" you huffed.

"You really are passionate about your sabers, aren't you?" he teased.

"Shut up," you grumbled. "They're pretty."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

sorry it's short, didn't have as much time today 

i went on a run today, at like noon, and i learned i can suffocate myself by doing so XD it was really hot too and that didn't make it any easier

ugh, i should wake up at like 8 am and go for a run instead of waking up at like 11 lol

sleeping schedule? what is that?

haha,

alright

dani out,

Adieu!