Vilkas x Reader ~In The Woodlands(3)~

With a huff, you shot to the left, dirt clouding in your wake as you dashed out of the reach of a wooden greatsword. A wood sword flicked in your hand, the loud clunk of wood meeting wood banging out in seconds.

As the sun beat upon his sweaty form, Vilkas narrowed sharp eyes, hair handing around his cutting jaw as a little grin grew on your face. His face was close to yours for a few fleeting moments before you slid out of his weapon's force, taking a few steps back.

His light tunic flowed in the soft breeze as he moved to space himself from you in a similar fashion, angling the weapon in his hands. A few short whistles and laughs came from the small crowd of warriors watching from the back entrance of Jorvaskr, wide smiles on their faces at the speed and intensity of the brawl.

You walked silently, wrapped feet padding against the ground as callouses took the brunt of your quick turns and slides. Vilkas usually was on the offense while you were on defense, but it would switch every now and then. These duels usually ended in him winning, but you put up a good fight.

With a sudden dash of your feet, you lunged forward, easily twisting around the defense from the much taller man and hitting him on his lower back before he would turn around.

His arms dropped, a scowl resting on his lips as you swirled your sword in circles with your wrist, walking in front of him as the cheers of the Companions watching echoed around.

The warrior grimaced. "You're getting better, at least."

You laughed quietly. "Come on, Vilkas, don't forget to give yourself credit. I pulled a cheap move."

"But you still won," he sighed. "First to get hit wins."

"Indeed, first to get hit wins. That was the first time I've won yet, wasn't it?"

Vilkas nodded, running a hand through his hair. "Kodlak would be proud."

"Kodlak would be proud of you not being such an ass all the time," you retaliated, smiling lightly before he went downcast at the mention of the now deceased man.

The man scoffed. "I wasn't that bad."

Your responding look was evidence enough.

He rolled his eyes. "I may have been slightly awful, but you liked it."

An outraged cry. "I did not!" you exclaimed.

"Sure, sure," he teased, throwing an arm around your shoulders as one of the newer companions took the weapons in your hands. You both walked to the crowd of people, Aela being the first to speak.

"You two are better with blades than even the first men. Congratulations on your first win, Harbinger," the red-headed woman grinned.

You laughed. "I try. "

With greetings and goodbyes to various elder members of the crowd, Vilkas made his way to the inside of Jorvaskr where Farkas and Lydia were, carefully trying to keep their 3-year-old daughter away from all the sharp objects.

Lydia looked up at the door opening, a wide smile bouncing on her face. "Did you win, ____?"

You tried to reel your smile but failed. "I did."

The mother whooped. "Atta woman! Now you just have to have little babies and you can say you've-"

"Lydia, stop pressuring them," Farkas chided quietly.

Vilkas let out a chuckle, his hand around your shoulder rubbing it lightly. "Might be soon."

You nodded. "Give me a week and we'll know."