Farkas x Reader(Female) ~The Cairn (2)~

The walk to Jorrvaskr was long and draining, thick with tension and riveting with upset. Neither of you knew what to say or how to try to lighten the mood.

No, not when you still had a cloth pressed to your neck and Farkas couldn't bear to look you in the eyes. Not when you staggered and barely kept yourself upright, too stubborn to accept the pitiful help from the werewolf.

Werewolf. A werewolf.

You didn't know how to think of it, much less the fact that the beast form he had liked you a little too much and didn't know boundaries.

Damn right you would kick its ass. You were a dragon. A dragon! Dragons eat wolves for breakfast and you would not let the dammed thing think it had control over you. You forgave Farkas, but you would not forgive his wolf. The fear had long since subsided and anger replaced it. Burning, spiraling, and overpowering.

Fury you'd become accustomed with ever since you had to deal with the Jarls of Skyrim. No, you would not join their war. No, you would not kill a perfectly harmless dragon just because their cowardly city guard were afraid of it and refused to attempted to talk with it and ask it to relocate.

"____," came the quiet voice of Farkas behind you. "You are going to make your hands bleed."

Your clenched fingers released the grip of the blade at your side. "Already did," you murmured.

"Look, I know you're probably still scared from what happened at the-"

"I'm not scared, Farkas," you gritted out. "I'm past that."

Silence settled once more and Farkas found himself wishing for his brother once more.

Vilkas would know what to do- he always did. Maybe it wasn't always the best decisions, but at least he had some sort of plan. Farkas never knew what he was doing. It was always an instinct thing.

But when his own instincts had betrayed him, what could he fall back on? He was never a sweet-talker, never good with brute intimidation (he'd be stuttering like a goat if he tried to do it with words- his fists were a better alternative), so what was he to do? 

Kodlak often times mentioned how quick Farkas was on how people felt. Their reactions, their emotions, and their judgments. How he didn't like breaking hard truths if there was a way to lessen the pain whereas his brother would just say things and not care how they came across or their effects.

Farkas didn't know as much as his brother, no, but he did know some things.

He knew from watching Vilkas and Aela that once you'd pissed someone off enough there wasn't any good way that relationship could end if neither side admitted to fault, and he knew that with women, they were even quicker to anger from smaller things.

Not that they were overreacting, no, the smaller things meant more. The normal, mundane acts. Small changes in everyday life.

And so, all throughout the long walk to Whiterun, Farkas tried to formulate a plan. He tried to act like his brother but not forgetting the emotions of the other party. Though he was halted in his thinking when they reached Jorrvaskr and had to explain the entire situation to the Circle, Farkas did not forget the way you looked when you glowered in the corner of Kodlak's room, eyes hammering into the walls while a heated discussion began amongst the members.

They did not have an answer. Give it a few days, Kodlak had suggested. 

And so the Circle did.

But in choosing that, Farkas had time to redeem himself.

And redeem himself he did.

Once the next day came and you had headed off for the Bannered Mare with a friend of yours, he made your bed (Tilma had been beaming the entire time from the hallway) and gotten the mess on your nightstand cleaned up.

You always talked about how you needed to address that but always claimed you were too wasted by the end of the night to care, so it never got done.

After that, Farkas had swiped a book from his brother's room and attempted to read it, though he quickly found that half the words in it he didn't understand and resorted to a different book from Vilkas's room.

Sure, Farkas wasn't necessarily the smartest in the city, but he didn't need to be. It wasn't like he was as dumb as dirt -much like Aela and his brother would like to suggest- either. No, Farkas had his talents, as did everyone.

Give him a map and he knew every single town, hold, city, and mine, no matter how small or insignificant.

And being he'd gotten himself off on that tangent, he remembered something else. You did say a few nights back that the map you had was getting pretty nasty from rain and dirt and gods knew what else.

He did have quite a few spare maps on hand. He'd have to do a bit of revamping on them (you were an explorer- he'd have to make sure to put plenty of mines and caves for whenever you got bored) and it shouldn't take too long.

So, to fill the hours, he took one out and began to mark locations on it, writing down the names in small, surprisingly average writing. 

A few hours in, the door creaked open, but Farkas didn't need to look to know who it was. His brother's scent was always the same.

"You're skipping dinner," Vilkas raised a brow.

"Not hungry," Farkas answered, glancing to the book on his right side where he wrote down all the places he'd been to.

A scoff from his brother. "____'s out, you know."

Farkas looked up, meeting his twin brother's eyes with slight sharpness that Vilkas hadn't seen before. "It's not your business, Vilkas."

"Obviously, it is, because you can't do anything to save your own-"

"Just fuck off, Vilkas!" 

Silence echoed through the room. Kodlak paused in the hall, alarmed.

The two brothers hadn't yelled at each other for years, and Farkas never yelled. Farkas never swore, either.

"It's my fault and you need to just stay out of it, okay?" Farkas blew out a breath, shaking his head.

She's driving me insane.

The brother blinked a few times, flabberghasted. "Uh... I suppose."

"Spread the word, will you."

"Alright."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ohohoho this farkas is different than part 1

sorry for the lack of updates, I'm like all over the place busy, sick, and stressed!

Part 3?

requests?

Dani out, 

Adieu!