Mercer and Brynjolf x Reader(Female) ~Rejections(2)~

Things had very quickly picked up in the guild after both Mercer and Brynjolf had made their interests clear.

Mercer- the bastard, had lured you to Snow Veil Sanctum and had just barely stopped a hair shy from stabbing his sword into your heart by some inner conflict that soon got resolved by a quick arrow by Karliah.

You hadn't seen him since that, and once Karliah got her name cleared with the guild and Mercer was still nowhere to be found, you didn't really know what to do.

You had been pushed into the spot of Guildmaster by practically all of the guild, Brynjolf being specifically supportive of it which also confused you.

See, being Guildmaster was great and all, it was just you had absolutely no idea what to do. At times, you would find yourself wishing Mercer was around to tell you what you needed to do, how you needed to do it, and make a list of the things you were doing completely wrong.

Sadly, he was a murderer and wouldn't be showing his face any time soon. Karliah was an immense help whenever she was around, at the very least, and Bryn did know some things as well.

With a quiet groan, you smacked your forehead against your desk, the mead on it waving from the vibrations and the paper jostling.

"Fuck this," you grumbled out.

There was a ringing chuckle from the other side of the room, the smooth and hard to forget voice of Brynjolf. "Need some help there, lass?"

"What's the cut each guild member gets each month?" you questioned.

"That's not a thing," he answered.

"Well," you sighed, "how many of our members have families?"

"Out of the 50, I believe it is 6."

"Right, right, I remember their names. I'll add a cut of the maintenance funds to each of 'em so they get more time with their kids," you blew out a breath. "That's reasonable, yeah?"

"That's almost honorable," the man noted. "Awfully nice of you."

"I am not Mercer," you glanced up sharply.

He raised his hands in surrender before returning to rummaging through his things. "Didn't mean that, lass."

"Of course you didn't," you mumbled.

After a few moments of silence, his voice echoed in the Cistern once more. "Say, ____, do you have anything planned tonight?"

You didn't even stop writing as you answered simply. "No."

"Fancy a drink?"

"No."

"Dinner?"

"No, Brynjolf."

"Why?" he groaned. "Mercer isn't here anymore."

"I don't fuck my subordinates."

"You're the Guild Master! No one will know, or even care!"

"And?" you stated dangerously. "Brynjolf, I am not going to date you."

"Not even for a night?" 

He was taking steps closer to your desk, coming in front of you in moments as his eyes flickered with something you didn't want to name when you met them.

You leaned back in your chair, placing your quill aside. "I never said that."

"So you would," he hummed.

"Under some circumstances," you answered cryptically, going back to your paperwork.

"Like what?"

"Like if it was the last day of my life or I was at desperate times," you answered dryly.

"Are you- are you serious?" he barked.

"What?" you taunted. "Frustrated because someone's finally saying no to you?"

"Yes!" he hissed.

"Let me say, I'd rather fuck Mercer."

A burst of bubbling laughter echoed from one of the beds. "Oi, Bryn, you ain't getting anything from her."

"Shut up, Delvin," Brynjolf muttered, storming off.

When he had walked out into the Flagon, Delvin spoke again, still laying down in his bed. "Would you really prefer Mercer, Miss Guildmaster?"

There was a snort. "I'd have 'em both if I could, but alas, I'm a busy woman. I don't have time for fucking."

"At first, you hated 'em both."

"I did."

"And now? Mercer tried to kill you. Bryn didn't."

"But Mercer didn't kill me, did he?" you hummed. "Danger is addictive, Delvin. Mercer had that. Bryn has all the romantics, but he just doesn't scare me the way Mercer could. I'm not that easily satisfied."

There was a bark of laughter. "Oh, you're too good, ____. Would you accept Mercer if he did come back?"

"If he had the eyes of the Falmer with him and a full-hearted, begging apology, I'll consider it."

"You really are just stone-cold," came the quiet mutter from Vex, who was sleeping in the bed beside Delvin's and was also tuning into the conversation.

"He would never beg," Delvin huffed.

"He would," you tsked. "I just have to wait a bit."

"Why do you say that?" Vex questioned, sitting up.

You pulled out one of the drawers and grabbed something, bringing it up in the air in your hand so she could see it. "I've got his journal."

"Holy shit," Delvin wheezed, Vex letting out a loud cackle beside him,

"Actually, I have all 12 volumes," you barely held back a grin, "from when he joined to just after he kicked Karliah out. He was quite detailed, let me tell you."

"How so?" Delvin asked.

"I know his size, both body and wanker, I know his favorite food, mead, color- he was so cocky I could barely read it I was laughing so hard. I know how he enchanted his sword, his armor, and the things he's completely weak to. Never expected to know he also named his sword; Fishy is her name."

Vex let out a shriek of laughter, "You're shitting me!"

"I can read it to you."

"Please, oh gods, please!" she got out, slapping her leg and throwing her head back as you stood from your chair and jogged over with one of the journals in hand, coming to sit beside her with Delvin listening intently behind you both.

It was a night filled with laughter, least to say.

You wondered when Mercer would come running, completely panicking and ego crushed.

You awaited the day eagerly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

right this keeps getting better and better

part 3?

i may do a mercer's pov for part 3- that would be hilarious

requests? (there will be a few day delay!)

hopefully i'll get another chapter up and then a smut one too.

plugging the chapters, yall ;)

Dani out,

Adieu!