Muiri x Assassin!Reader(Male) ~Tempting Little Doe(2)~

You were gone when morning came, the only thing you left being a quick note on her nightstand. She didn't like the fact that she woke up alone.

Be back in a bit, it read. She knew exactly how you would say it, how your lips would've curled up at the left side and you would wink before just disappearing completely. The thought comforted her, but she'd rather have you in her bed than a note.

She wanted you. She wanted her secret, her assassin.

An assassin. She'd taken an assassin to bed. Her ancestors would be rolling in their graves.

She was still sore. Really, really sore. Granted, it came with the fact that last night was the single best night of her life (honestly, you were better than she imagined, much, much better), but still. She could barely walk right, and her neck was covered in marks, along with most of her body.

Oh, Bothela would have her hair if she ever noticed. 

With a sigh, she tumbled out of her bed and padded, completely naked, to her small closet and picked out some clothing. She tugged it on, being slow and gentle so it didn't put pressure on any of the bruises you left on both your hips and waist and maybe even on her thighs. She hadn't fully looked yet.

Clicking her tongue after getting her dress on, she glanced to her nightstand once more and notice a small red bottle next to the note she hadn't seen because she was quite drowsy when she had read your letter.

"A healing potion," she murmured after walking over and picking it up. "He doesn't act like an assassin. He's considerate."

Her self-musings ended, and she popped open the bottle and downed it, expecting it to taste awful as most usually did, but finding it to taste more like cold tea.

Either way, not only was it cold, but it didn't taste awful. No, it even tasted good! On a whim, she flicked over the paper, wondering if you left a note on the potion too, and indeed, you had.

The recipe is a secret, but it'll heal you up so you can walk normally. Though I would like to see you like a stumbling little doe, I figure you might find no such enjoyment from it.

And that was it.

Her face was bright red still, and she tried to shake it off, blowing out a breath and shaking her head. You were too charming. She had work to do- things to get to, things to brew. 

Quickly, she exited her room and made way to get to the shop.

"Oh? I could always use a few extra hands, I suppose," Bothela's voice hummed.

A rumbling chuckle followed- a male. ____! It was ____! Were you-

"Couldn't we all. It's a nice shop you have, though, for Markarth. I'm impressed."

The elder woman rolled her eyes. "Markarth is Markarth. Everything is awful."

"Ah, that is the appeal, is it not?" you pointed out.

She slipped in.

Bothela turned at the soft noise, and Muiri could feel your eyes upon her. You looked good in civilian clothing, just as much as your armor. Her stomach flipped, and she feigned confusion to the shopowner.

"Muiri, this is ____, ____, this is Muiri. She's my apprentice around here. She's slept in, the rascal."

You smiled like a kind young male, like someone trustworthy and good, and it alarmed her how easily you could turn from a deadly predator to a calm prey. But more so, it intrigued her, like everything you did. The hints of a smirk peaked out behind the facade.

"A pleasure, my dear," you hummed.

She dipped her head. "The pleasure is mine," she stated almost stiffly.

"Muiri, how about you go brew that order we got from Whiterun? She needs that batch quick. ____, I don't suppose you know how to make cure disease potions?" 

"I happen to," you informed.

"Good. Help her out, will you?" 

Muiri turned to go to the alchemy table, in a slightly separate room away from the main counter and shop and you followed. When she entered, she got out all the needed ingredients form organized jars and began to combine them, trying to avoid conversation.

You were going to work with her?

An arm slid around her hip. "My little doe, I'm glad you slept in."

"I should've been up earlier," she murmured. "I'll have to work double tonight."

"I think not."

"Potions don't make themselves, ____," she muttered.

"Oh, you are unhappy, aren't you? I can make potions better than you, my doe. I do it for a living in my... profession."

"I am not unhappy!" she snapped. 

At your hard stare, she realized she literally had just yelled at you. Her face flushed, and she bit her lip. She stopped making the potion and turned to you.

"I... I was just hoping I would wake up and you would be there," she mumbled, looking at her feet.

Two fingers tilted her head upwards, to make her eyes meet yours. Your hand fell back to her waist.

"I will be there in the morning," you rested your chin on the crown of her head. "But then I might not be there when you go to sleep."

"Alright."

"The potions, doe?"

"Right, right."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BINGO BANGO WE'RE GOING

4 CHAPTERS AFTER THIS

 HOLD ON TO YOUR LILY WHITES 

Dani out

Adieu!