Human Alduin x Reader(Female) ~Human Things, Dragon Things(3)~

The sun blasted down from above, hitting you with its warm rays as you wiped your brow, pausing momentarily from your rather daunting work. A hammer was set nearby you and a pouch of nails rested at your hip; wood scattered about the new platform with disarray.

Half of it was covered with wood, and the other half wasn't. The beams and supports of the soon-to-be porch showed through, though soon enough, they too would be covered and then all that was left was attaching the stairs and benches: a few more hours of labor and work, you'd be done.

Sighing, you flicked out your tunic as to fruitlessly whisk the heat off your body as you began nailing more wood to the beams, the sound echoing in the forest as the birds flew by with their songs and chirps.

There was a slight breeze that began to pick up, but you paid no mind to it, continuing on with your work. 

Currently, your housecarl was out getting things from the market in Whiterun and Alduin was off hunting. Surprisingly, he'd done some consulting with the housecarl and agreed upon some sort of plan. 

A faint thud of large wings filled the air, slowly becoming louder until the ground shook lightly and grunt of a dragon could be heard.

You glanced to your left, seeing Alduin morph into his human form, his scales becoming a hardened tunic of some sort and trousers. How he did it, you never knew, but he managed to do it either way.

"____," he called, "did I not tell you to wait, mal liin?"

You rolled your eyes. "Oops."

He snorted, shaking his head. On his shoulders were two large deer- the week's hunt.

"Don't nail your hand again," was his bark as he walked out of sight and likely into the house.

You scowled. "That was not my fault," muttered to yourself as you continue to slam away at the wood.

Time flew by while doing the tedious task, your back starting to strain more and more by each board you nailed down. Your knees, pressed up against a hard surface for nearly 4 hours, began to ache painfully, every time you shifted your position bringing a new spark of dull throbbing.

Even though you could easily push through it, there was a loud opening of the main door.

"Take a break, ____!" came the deep command.

You huffed, pausing. "No!"

Alduin's tall and muscular figure rounded the corner of the home and came into sight, looking positively pissed.

"I let you work this far," he threatened, "but if you don't take a nap or at least sit down for a half-an-hour, I will personally escort you to our bed before I'm waking up in the middle of the night feeling like someone's stabbing my back!"

You glared. "Fine. Can you help me-"

He merely sighed. "Jump down, I'll catch you. Leave your things up there."

And so, you nearly undid the pouch of nails and set them atop the wood along with the hammer, standing (gods, the crack that came from your spine sounded like it just broke in half), you ambled over to the edge of the unfinished porch and simply fell off, not even so much as glancing down before you did so.

True to his word as always, strong arms caught you, the luring scent of smoke, ebony, and fire flooding your senses.

Eyes fluttering shut, you curled in his arms, finding yourself to be washed by a sudden urge to sleep. A quiet grumble came from Alduin's thoat, but he said nothing on your sudden eagerness to nap.

It was happening more and more, as you both were noticing. You became tired easily, but when you were awake, you were more hyper than normal.

You didn't know what it meant.

He did.

He did, and he did not know how to tell you. Alduin had held you when you broke down crying not too many moons ago on how you were sure you were infertile because of your dragon blood- your dovah sos. He listened as you describe what you thought your life would be like before your powers arose, how you always had liked the idea of having children to carry on your legacy.

So you'd leave something behind. So people wouldn't forget you.

Your greatest fear was never facing him, it was being forgotten. You were terrified that one day, you'd wake up, but no one would be next to you or in your home. That everyone would leave you behind- move on. Horrified you would eventually dissipate into the sands of time to be completely erased from this world.

He had told you all through that night that he would not forget you. Not today, not tomorrow, not even until his dying breath. Even after his father took his soul, he would remember you. He would remember your eyes, your snarky remarks, the fire in your blood. He would remember the way you walked, the way you fought, the way you grinned with flour smacked all across your face, clothing, and hair.

He would remember it all.

Because to him, you were the only thing worth remembering. The only thing new- the only chance for him, really.

He had been warned by Akatosh himself; told to pick a side and either win or lose. This playing around with you at the start, saving you, taunting you; he grew tired of watching it.

And now, he could pick that side. 

Not the side of the World-Eater, of death and destruction, but of that being the Dragonborn. Of fire and pain, of victory and gain.

Of defeating the rising odds, completely stormed against you.

Of settling just enough to feel at home, but not enough to never have a sudden want for adventure.

What was he kidding, Alduin hated poets. Rok lokaal hi. It had been blaring obvious since the week after he knew you were his mate.

He loved you.

And he did not intend on ever leaving your side, the side of fire and steel.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ahhhha! Y'all have given me so many requests, thank you!!!

@MLG2MLF here be your request!

@Arcane777 your request will be up tomorrow! Im SO excited for it!

I'll try to keep tagging people so everyone knows when their request will be up! Sorry for the delay, guys!

(any other requests/ ideas from y'all?)

Alright, folks!

Dani out,

Adieu!