Ch 35 | Dynasty

EDITED *Pardon my unnoticed mistakes please*

Ch 35 | Dynasty

Be fearlessly authentic

Be fearlessly authentic... Unknown

Mirae |

He walked in, three-day stubble and a neatly pressed suit, the kind you only see on high priced lawyers and gangsters.

He took in the room with a single sweep, his green eyes settling on nothing before he left as expressionless as he entered.

Eyes the colour of deep forest pools, the colour of freshly cut grass, the colour of springtime ferns, the colour of pond scum, the colour of autumn carrot tops, the green of the first spring leaves on a plum tree, sea green, mossy green flecked with the colour of pecan shell, as green as summertime water trough.

He changed the atmosphere, an almost electric shock seeking a goodbye to the woman's heart.

I, on the other hand, stood beside him.

My head kept down, my arms on both of my sides in a professional manner.

I'm only a secretary in the eyes of these guests —these rich, celebrities, powerful business owners, doctors, lawyers.

The respect I can only ever gain is by standing beside him, a respected man.

—His company's name shining brightly above my name.

This is who I am to them.

"Jeon Jungkook's personal secretary."

Only a few steps... and the glamorous light may have blinded me. The place was astonishing, it was on the rooftop of a high glass-made skyscraper. Lights were on everywhere like fairy lights, pearly white floor even reflected our image. 

The place was overly modern and exaggerated. 

"Quite and only listen, Ms. Lee" he whispered lowly as a few men approached us —each held a glass of wine just as a waiter quickly passed by offering one to Jungkook.

"Sir," he said respectfully keeping his head low as Jungkook took a glass of wine —his eyes smiled a fake as he greeted the men with an innocent look but misery of boredom which he hid.

I greeted a few people standing beside Jungkook. They spoke professionally and formally. 

"Oh, sir might she be your secretary?" someone asked.

Jungkook smirked hardening his beautiful emerald evil eyes at the man. He tapped his glass of wine for a few seconds before answering with an empty, overpowering tone.  

"She is indeed, Mr. Lei you seem quite fond with the things around me" Jungkook raised an eyebrow. 

Mr. Lei tightly smiled looking over at me.