Ch 68 | Hello

EDITED

Ch 68 | Hello 

Step 7: Never stop dreaming!

5 years later

Among my friends of root and wand, amid each green leaf and delicate petal, there are the dancing birds and the squirrels that dart. It is as if the song, the scurries and the subtle movements of flora are their voice, the song of the garden for those who listen with more than their ears.

Slowly I tried to open my eyes, my head hurt a little bit. I tried to not move a lot and finally was able to open my eyes.

'What happened?' I thought.

I was met with a rosy ceiling.

I tried to move my head seeing a reflection of myself in a mirror on the wall.

I was on a bed, the blankets were baby blue. I had an oxygen mask on with a tiny tube inserted in my elbow.

My face was pale, my lips were dry and nearly colorless and pale. I looked simply tired.

"What's going on with me...?" I tried to speak, but my throat was dry.

I was unable to speak, my vocals were stuck and raw.

My eyes tried to search around the room. It was painted a rosy pink, there was a vase with roses next to my bed along with a plasma TV in front of my bed, attached to the wall.

My hands were unable to move, but slowly I got the hang of my fingers moving slightly.

"Bring some stilled warm water, I have to wash her face," an older woman's voice was heard from the far distance.

A young nurse came into the room with a tray on her hands, not noticing me awake. I tried to ask her for help but she did not see me, she turned to me for a slight second before looking back.

She widened her eyes immediately coming over to me.

"Y-you're awake!" She gasped, putting her hands over her mouth.

I looked at her confused nodding my head.

I tried to get up slowly, scrunching my face in pain at my stiff muscle.

"Hey take it easy, let me help you," the nurse said softly, she then gave me a glass of warm water to drink.

As soon as I greedily gulped the liquid down... rain, water, fire. Water... water, water, water. Fire.

Blood?

The accident, t-the little girl. My baby. I looked down seeing a flat stomach, immediately I felt cold blood rushing under my skin.