06

𝐅𝐈𝐄𝐋𝐃𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐏
she is a child that was forced to grow up

OPHELIA'S and Bella's first day back at school after the accident entailed a trip for biology

They were standing side by side in the parking lot, staring into the distance as Molina went around and collected permission slips from his students. He'd already taken their's from them and was now trying to gain everybody else's attention.

Ophelia looked up from the ground as someone appeared in front of them, rainwater splashing underneath their scuffed sneakers.

Mike smiled, holding out his arms in a dramatic gesture. "Look at you," he beamed. "You're alive." 

"Yes, for centuries now," Ophelia stated, rolling her eyes at the boy. She wasn't in the mood for games. She and Bella had spent most of the night trying to find out about the Cullens. They weren't human, and both girls knew it.

Mike's smile wavered and he looked to the ground with a frown.

Bella sighed, nudging Ophelia's side with a beseeching glance. "I guess it was just a false alarm, Mike." 

Ophelia tuned them out, locking eyes with someone on the other side of the car park. Jasper Hale. His blonde curls were more prominent, and slightly in his gold eyes, and she tilted her head, staring him down. She had to admit, he was one hell of a guy, but the fact that he was something she didn't know about, made her seethe in anger. It also didn't help that his brother had been a douchebag to Bella.

She came out of her thoughts by a comment from Mike that made her choke on her own saliva. Do either of you want to go to prom with me?" 

Ophelia's eyebrows raised to her hairline, an unimpressed glower forming on her face. "Are you serious?" 

"What?" Bella asked at the same time.  To say it was obvious she hadn't been listening — instead, she'd been staring at a certain bronze-haired boy with dreamy eyes — would be an understatement.

"So what do you think?" Mike asked, surprised by their brash reactions. 

"About what?" Bella frowned. 

"You wanna go to prom with me?"  

"No," Ophelia answered for both of them. "We would rather drop dead. Oh, wait..." She trailed off with a smirk on her face before she grabbed Bella's hand, and they strutted away.

"What was that about?" she asked, nudging Ophelia's side with her elbow. 

"He's an asshole who asked both of to the dance," Ophelia deadpanned. "I don't plan on being his second choice, and you shouldn't either. Plus, I don't like him, he's annoying."

"You are... right." Bella nodded and the girls giggled together.

"Guys, come on." Molina's impatient voice resonated around the parking lot. "We gotta go, we gotta go. Green is what? Good, let's go." 

"Is that some sort of joke? I don't get it." Ophelia frowned as he began to herd everyone towards the two yellow school buses that were waiting for them.

Both Bella and the Original got on the bus, and sat in the very back, and just started to gossip.

OPHELIA was walking along the greenhouse aisles, staring at the floor with a look of sheer boredom on her face. Bella was standing by her side with a similar expression, neither of them having to speak to know the other was counting down the minutes until they could leave. They could hear their teacher's voice exclaiming excited comments to others trailing behind them, but they didn't make an effort to listen to what he had to say

Ophelia only snapped out of her bored daze when someone appeared behind them, capturing Bella's attention.

"What's in Jacksonville?" Edward asked her.

"None of your business," was the first words that came out of her mouth, directed at the nosy boy.

"How did you know about that?" Bella asked, crossing her arms.

Ophelia rolled her eyes. "He eavesdropped," she stared.

"I- You didn't answer my question," Edward said defensively, and Ophelia really just wanted to knock his head off of his shoulders, and send it flying.

"Well, you don't answer any of mine," Bella countered back, scoffing at him.

"I can make him go away, Bells," Ophelia stated with a smirk, licking her lips.

"Can you leave us?" Edward asked, glaring at Ophelia who lost her smirk, and glowered at him.

"Okay, that's it!" She snapped and was about to pounce on him when Bella grabbed her arm, and pulled her back. "Learn to respect your elders, boy!"

"Are you going to tell me how you got over to us so fast?" Bella asked Edward, brows furrowed, and lips pursed.

He simply responded with, "Yeah. I had an adrenaline rush." He stated which made both Ophelia and Bella laugh in amusement. "It's very common. You can google it," Edward said.

"Floridians. That's what's in—" Bella tripped over a pipe, and Ophelia was quick as she grabbed her, and pulled her back onto her feed.

"And that's what I am talking about, Hells Bells," Ophelia said, "I told you about balance for how long now?"

"For weeks," Bella mumbled, sighing.

Edward interrupted them and snapped, "Can you at least watch where you walk?!" He sighed as he saw their looks. "Look, I'm sorry I'm being rude all the time. I just think it's the best way," Edward tried explaining, "We can't be friends."

Ophelia scoffed, grabbed Edward's arm, and grasped it tightly between her frail looking fingers. "You need to leave before I tear you into a thousand little pieces." She smirked and leaned forward. "If I even see you looking at my sister, you'll regret ever being birthed." She roughly let go of him, grabbed Bella's hands, and they quickly made their way to the bus.