41

𝐁𝐀𝐁𝐘 𝐕𝐀𝐌𝐏 𝐅𝐎𝐎𝐃
sad eyes had once happy stories to tell

AFTER SPENDING SOME more time with Charlie, Ophelia decided to go back to the Cullen's, because she was feeling guilty for not telling the truth to her father who was asking about Bella all day

When she walked into the house, she saw something which made her laugh loudly. Sam and Dean were playing twister with both Rebekah and Bella snickering at them.

"Which multiverse did I just walk into?" Ophelia joked as she sat down a cooler of blood bags on the floor. On her way there, she decided to stop at the hospital to grab both her and Rebekah something to drink for the next few days. "And where is everyone else?"

Rebekah shrugged. "With Jacob's pack, something about a treaty amongst other things."

Ophelia nodded and turned to Bella. "Need anything?"

Bella shook her head, sighing as she leaned back into the couch, and closed her eyes.

Ophelia bit her lip as she studied Bella, but before anything else could he heard, the Cullen family walked inside the house. She simply rolled her eyes as she saw Jacob behind them, but then smiled brightly as she saw Seth right behind him.

"Baby Seth!" She exclaimed and ran over to him, pulling him into a hug. "I haven't seen you in forever. How are you?" She grabbed his face which seemed to have matured more. His jaw bone was more prominent, but he still had a baby face which she cooed at.

"I'm fine," he told her with a smile. "So are the others. Paul misses beating you in Mario Kart."

Ophelia scoffed. "He only beat me once."

"Which grew his ego," Seth retorted with a grin.

Dean chugged down half a bottle of water before he walked over to them, placing his arm over his girlfriend's shoulders. "How was your day?" He asked her as he glanced back at Rebekah and Sam who were trying to make sure that Bella was comfortable.

Ophelia smiled and kissed his cheek. "Much better."

"Is it okay if I make Bella a sandwich?" Seth asked as he looked to Ophelia with a cute grin. "I can make you a sandwich, too. Is there anything specific you like?"

Ophelia chuckled and was about to say something when Bella let out a sharp gasp, drawing everyone's attention to her. Bella's hand grabbed at her stomach, and her face was pinched in pain.

"We need to find a way to get some food in her system and keep it there," Esme said as she glanced over at Ophelia who was almost in tears looking at her best friend. They have all been contributing, trying to get Bella to eat something and not throw it up. But, no matter what she ate, hot or cold, it never stayed in her long before she threw it up.

"If only I could see the fetus—"

"Baby," Rosalie cut Alice off with a glare.

Alice simply ignored her which angered big original's and Rosalie. "Maybe I could see what it wants."

"I think you might be right," Edward spoke suddenly. They all turned to the husband to see him staring straight at Jacob. "Jacob just had an idea."

"It wasn't an idea," the older werewolf scoffed, "it was a snide comment."

"Of course it was," Ophelia rolled her eyes, crossing her arms. She used to consider Jacob a friend, but he has turned into such a petty and annoying person who irked her.

Carlisle sighed as he asked, "what were you thinking?"

"That it's just looking for something to sink it's teeth into," Jacob spat out in disgust.

"It's part vampire after all," Seth added in softly with a kind smile towards Ophelia and Bella.

The room fell silent as they processed the information.

"He's thirsty," Bella realized.

"I know the feeling," Emmett commented, and Ophelia nodded her head along with him.

"If it's craving, it's not going to want animal blood," Edward shook his head, turning his attention to Carlisle.

Ophelia then grinned. "Good thing I just brought a cooler full of said blood," she stated and walked towards the little red cooler, and pulled out a a thing of O negative blood." She gestures to Seth who nodded and ran to grab a styrofoam cup. She silently thanked him before pouring some of the blood into it, and then walked towards Bella with cautious eyes.

"I'm gonna be sick," Jacob muttered as he moved away from Bella.

"If it's the last option we have, you should support it," Seth told the older werewolf boy with a huff. He was tired of Jacob's attitude, too.

"Are you okay with this?" Edward asked, and Bella nodded.

"I'll try anything," she said, and Ophelia handed her the cup, making sure she had a hold of it before taking a small step back.

"It's going to be fine," Dean murmured as he stepped up beside Ophelia who was chewing on her lip.

Bella took a deep breath, and slowly raised the straw to her mouth, and everyone watched as the pregnant human began to sip the blood from the cup. She pulled the straw away from her lips and looked up at her husband. "It tastes... good."

Ophelia sighed in relief at her best friend as she continued to sip from the blood.

Carlisle sat down next to Bella, and took her wrist in his hand, and smiled at the human. "Your pulse already feels stronger."

"This is amazing," Sam mumbled as he watched his friend drink blood even though she was human. It was a weird sight to see, especially for a hunter, but it was also amazing.

"I'm just so happy that it's working!" Ophelia exclaimed as Dean pulled her into him, her back to his chest, and his chin rested on her head. He wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed the top of her head.