50

𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐄𝐋𝐃 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆
she's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table

𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐄𝐋𝐃 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆she's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table

SOON AFTER THE Romanians arrived, the vampires gathered in the Cullen house. The news of Aro's witnesses came as a shock to everyone. No one had a clue of what to do, and the vampires had a new growing fear. 

"When Aro wants someone from a coven it's never long before evidence turns up proving the coven has committed a crime," Eleazar spoke, looking over everyone.

"So, he's done this before?" Elijah question as he fixed his suit, eyeing the vampires.

He nodded at the Original. "It happens so rarely," he said, "I never realized it was a pattern." 

"Apparently he always pardons one person whose thoughts he claims are repentant," Carlisle explained, staring at the floor with a solemn expression on his face.

"This person always has an ability," Eleazar continued, "and they're always given a place with the Guard." 

"This is all about Alice," Ophelia spoke up, crossing her arms. "It must've been why Jasper and her left."

Emmett furrowed his brows. "Why does he have witnesses?" He asked, worried for his family and friends.

"To spread the word that justice has been served," Alistair spoke from behind Carlisle. He stuck his hands in his pockets as he continued, "after he slaughters an entire coven." 

"That sounds like someone I know," Kol commented as he turned to stare at Klaus who growled at him.

"Kol... don't start anything," Rebekah spoke up from where she leaned against Sam. He had his arms wrapped around her waist, and his chin on her head.

Amun stepped forward with wide eyes. "Tia, Benjamin, we're leaving." 

"And where will you go?" Edward snapped, surprising Ophelia because she never thought he had the balls. "What makes you think they'll be satisfied with Alice? What's to stop them from going after Benjamin or Ophelia next?" He looked around the room. "Or Zafrina, or Kate, or anyone else with a gift. Anyone they want. Their goal isn't punishment, it's power. It's acquisition." He paused and shook his head. "Carlisle may not ask you to fight but I will. For the sake of my family. For the sake of yours. And for the way that you want to live." 

The room was silent as the vampires all shared looks.

"We stand by our family no matter what, and Bella is our family," Klaus stepped forward, nodding towards Ophelia and Bella who sent him smiles.

Jacob stood up along with Seth. "The packs will fight. We've never been afraid of vampires." 

The Denali's stood next, and Tanya spoke, "we'll fight too."