24

𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐊𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐍
just for once, i want someone to be afraid of losing me

ONCE THE TWINS had gotten hope, Charlie had left a note to say that he was going to stay at the office for longer

ONCE THE TWINS had gotten hope, Charlie had left a note to say that he was going to stay at the office for longer. So, Bella had went straight to bed because she was the most exhausted out of everyone else. And Ophelia had took a long shower, got in her pj's and tried to go to bed. But, as soon as she stepped out of her bathroom, there stood Jasper in the middle of her room.

At first, a wave of sadness hit her like a brick. This was the first time she was seeing him since those little brisk walk-by's in the school before he and his family just disappeared. And then anger was the next emotion, and then resentment. She hated him, she absolutely hated him.

"Ophelia," he whispered as he turned to stare at, wet hair and all. "I missed you."

She narrowed her eyes and crossed her arms. "You missed me?"

He nodded and took a step closer to her. "I thought about you every moment of every day. I regret ever leav—"

"You're sorry?" She asked and then scoffed. "You're sorry?!" She shouted at him, her voice cracking, and her emotions showing through more than they ever did before. "Do you have any idea on how I felt?! You left and it hurt me more! It reminded me of every time that I got emotionally attached to someone, they either left me or died!" She stomped towards him, and shoved him harshly with her finger. "I told Alice about what Bella went through but I didn't even talk about what I went through!"

"You left me like I was nothing!" She screamed and then took in a shaky breath. "I really wish you knew how much it destroyed me when you left me without a fucking goodbye. All of you, every one of you left me with no goodbye. What the hell did I do to deserve that kind of treatment from you guys? I get it, I wasn't nice when we first met, but I became attached to all of you. You all..." Her lips quivered and her hands shook at her sides.

"I only just lost my brother over a year ago!" She screamed, "I lost myself and I have no friends! I only have Bella and at least she has been there for me since the moment we met! But you... you knew how I felt about abandonment! You knew about all the things I had to go through when my father was hunting me! And you just left. You left me! You left me!" She shoved him back away from her. "You left me when I fucking needed you, you piece of sparkly trash!"

"I'm sorry, Ophelia, I really though that—"

"I don't give a fuck about what you thought!" She screamed in his face. "I was never picked for anything, Jasper, never anyones first choice! I thought I was yours and then you just up and left without even a goodbye or a letter or anything." She took a deep breath. "But, I realize now that it was for the best because now I know that you're not the one. I love you, I will probably always have feeling for you, but I dont think I loved you like I wanted to, so, for that, I'm sorry, but its over." She then walked out of her bedroom, and out of the house, slamming the doors as she did so.

OPHELIA SLOWLY walked into the bar, the same one she had met Dean in. She went straight for the bar and compelled the bartender to keep serving her drinks.

Dean Winchester, hunter, pie lover, and guy who loves walks on beaches, sat at a nearby table and immediately turned his attention to Ophelia as she walked inside the building. Anger was the immediate reaction he had when he saw her, and then he was confused when he saw her hurt and exhausted expression.

He watched her for a few moments, and noticed the way her shoulders were slouched, the way her eyes were filled with tears, and the way she kept downing drink after drink without even blinking.

It was like the first time they ran into each other in this building, but this time, it seemed like everything was way worse, like he was holding the weight of the world on her shoulders. Just like him.

He let out a string of grumbled words before downing his drink, and approached her. He sat down beside her without a single syllable, his eyes just staring at her worn down body.

"If you're here to yell at me, to tell me that I'm a monster, a shit person, or just want to try to kill me, can you at least wait until I finish this whole bar?" She asked with a sigh before downing another glass. It was probably her eighth glass already. "I've had a shitty day. At least give me this one thing."

Dean opened and closed his mouth a couple of times before waving the bartender over. Once he got his glass full, he chugged it down before facing Ophelia again. "What happened?"

"What didn't happen?" She asked with a sigh. "My sister almost died after falling off a cliff, I had to go to Italy to save her stupid boyfriend, and then my ex decided to show up and apologize for his dick behavior. I mean, really?" She laughed loudly before downing yet another glass of bourbon. "My dad's best friend died of a heart attack because I was being stupid and didn't show up in time to save him against a vampire. And said vampire is still on the damn loose because I'm a pathetic person who can't do one bloody thing right!"

Her laughter stopped and she leaned on the counter, tears stinging her eyes. "You were right..." She trialed off and turned to him, and his broke as he saw her expression. "I'm a monster and I deserve every bad thing that has ever or will happen to me." Her bottom lip quivered slightly. "I didn't choose this life. I didn't want this. I just... I want it all to end. I don't want to be a monster anymore."

"Ophelia... I was wrong to call you a monster," he told her after a second of silence. He reached over and placed his hand over hers. When she glanced up at him through her eyelashes, he sucked in a breath. "You're even beautiful while crying." His eyes widened as she laughed slightly. "Did I say that out loud?" When she nodded, he smiled lightly and said, "At least I made you laugh." He subconsciously began rubbing his thumb on her hand. "But, all seriousness, I shouldn't have judged you. I have done a lot of questionable things throughout my life, and trust me, Sammy reminded me of all of them."

She chuckled and sniffled. "Sammy?"

He laughed, too and smiled at her. "He hates it, but I love making him angry."

"As any brother should," she commented and then sighed heavily, her shoulders slouching again. "My brother... Kol, he..." She trialed off before looking at nothing in particular. "He was the mischievous one, the one who played pranks on everyone. He got me good once and I..." She chuckled as she thought back on the memory. "I got him back even better. After that, we teamed up and got the rest of our siblings." She casted her eyes down as she thought about Kol. "And now he's dead."

"I'm sorry," Dean told her with a sigh. "Death of a family member is hard to get over, even if it's been years." His eyes went blank as he thought about his mother and his father, and even when Sam died. "My father sold his soul so that I could live. I have been so... angry since then," he admitted, "That's one of the reasons why I blew up at you, and I apologize."

She smiled at him softly. "It's fine. Hunters never have s good reaction to monsters."

"Hey." Dean leaned forward and took her face in his other hand. Their eyes connected and they both took in a deep breath. "You're not a monster, you're just... a human with extra qualities." They both chuckled and he smirked. "Especially when it comes to sex."

"Dean!" She laughed loudly and shoved at his chest. A little too hard, too, and he almost fell off of his seat, but she was quick to catch him by the front of his shirt, and yank him towards her, their faces only about an inch away from each other. "Hello," she whispered.

"Hey," he whispered back before they connected their lips together.