40

𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓 𝐌𝐄
she wore her troubled past like scars. she has been through battles and though no one could see her demons, they could see the face that conquered them

THE NEXT DAY, Dean and Sam came back from Bobby's, saying that there was nothing to worry about, that they only had a little trouble with rogue omega werewolves that decided to kill a camp full of people

Ophelia and Rebekah gave both of them some of their blood to heal their wounds, which they had a lot of. And while Ophelia and Dean decided to stay inside house that Rebekah and her compelled the brothers, Rebekah decided to take Sam out to dinner.

The blonde happened to tell Ophelia that she was going to man up and ask Sam to be her boyfriend, and the raven haired origins hopes it goes well.

"Do you think my baby brother will finally decide to tap that?" Dean asked and grinned as Ophelia gasped and slapped him on the arm lightly. He smirked and pulled her into him by her waist. "We haven't been alone in a while." He waggled his eyebrows and bit his lip.

Ophelia pulled him into a much needed kiss before wrapping her arms around him, her head laying on his chest. "I'm not really in the mood right. Bella could die within the next week for all I know. I feel guilty that Charlie has no idea on what's happening. I feel like no matter the way I turn, something happens, and I—"

"Hey," he whispered and pulled her back so that she was looking him in the eyes. "Everything will be okay," he murmured as he wiped away her tears with his thumbs.

She shook her head and took a few steps away from him. "Bella was the first person to make me feel alive after my brother died. She was the one who made me myself again. Before her, I was nothing but a heartless monster who would do anything for herself and her family. I have changed because of her. If something happens to her..."

Her slender fingers pressed into the skin of her forearms, nails biting in the layer of thin skin, drawing beads of blood. Her whole body shook, bones rattling in the constant fear of the future that loomed before her. Heart pounding so hard against her ribcage as her pulse pressed outward, jerking the veins within.

"Hey," Dean said a little more forcefully as he gripped her arms, stopping her from hurting herself any further. "Don't beat yourself over something you can't control. Bella wants to have the baby, so be there for her till the end. Stay by her side, fighting for her until you can't anymore. All it takes is effort. If you think it can be possible, then it will be possible. The only thing that is stopping you, is you."

Ophelia bit her lip harshly, nodding. "I just don't want to lose anyone else." She looked up into his green eyes which such vulnerability that it almost made him break down right there. "Bella is my other half, through and through."

Dean decided to tease her, hoping to get her mind off of Bella's very possible death. "And here I thought I was your other half."

Ophelia grinned a little and playfully shoved him. "Bella is my sister. You're the love of my life. Two very different halves if you ask me." She rolled her eyes as he simply smirked at her, his eyes crinkling.

Taking a good look at her, Dean realized that there was not going to be any good time to propose anytime soon. He will have to wait, not just for Ophelia, but for himself because he doesn't want to seem selfish, especially with everything that is currently going down.

Dean then offered, "do you just want me to hold you?"

Ophelia nodded slowly. "Please," she murmured and he gently pulled her into the bed with him, and wrapped his arms around her protectively.

"Goodnight, princess," he whispered and kisses her temple.

They stayed like that the rest of the night, Dean just simply holding her, protecting her, and comforting her as best as he possibly could at the moment.