19

𝐉𝐀𝐊𝐄𝐒
it's fine as long as you're here

THE BLACKS' house was a small wooden place with narrow windows, the dull red paint making it resemble a tiny barn

When Ophelia got out of the truck, she saw Jacob walking out of the barn. 

"Hey, guys!" Jacob's excited grin stretched wide across his face, the bright teeth standing in vivid contract to the deep russet color of his skin. He rushed up to the sisters and hugged Bella before giving Ophelia a hug. "Where the hell have you been, locas?" 

"I... brought you something," Bella said as she went to the bed of the truck and pulled the tarp off the two rusting motorcycles. 

"Wow. Scrap metal. You shouldn't have," Jacob said, not knowing how to react to the motorcycles. 

"We saved it from the junkyard. I think they'll probably cost more to fix than they're worth but then I thought that if I had a mechanic friend to help us out..." Bella explained, looking up at Jacob. 

"Me being the mechanic type friend?" Jacob questioned. "Since when you two are in motorcycles?" 

"Since now," Ophelia answered with a small smile. "It's completely stupid and reckless." She castes a look to Bella who just rolled her brown eyes. Ophelia then found herself looking around the pretty large yard and then looked down at her black high heels. "I wish I didn't decide to wear my good heels," she muttered to herself with a sigh.

"Yeah, it's completely stupid and reckless." Jacob agreed with a nod. "When do we start?" 

Bella looked at Jacob, surprised by his agreement. "Now, please." Jacob went to take one of the motorcycles out from the truck. "Be careful, they're really—" Bella stopped talking when Ophelia saw Jacob unloading the bike swiftly from the truck bed easily. "Jake, you're like, really buff. How can that happen? You're like, 16. I don't get it." She casted a look to Ophelia who simply shrugged. He wasn't a vampire, that much she knew. But, he did smell similar to that of a werewolf's

"Age is just a number, baby," he told Bella as he started wheeling the motorcycle into the garage. "Aren't you like forty now?" 

"It feels like that sometimes," Bella replied as the sisters followed Jacob.

IT WAS about a week later when the twins walked into the barn to see Jacob already working on the bikes. Ophelia walked over to the radio and turned it up before shaking her body, making Bella laugh out loud.

"You're so stupid," Bella wheezed as Ophelia came over to sit down beside her, also laughing. "So, I was thinking if we're gonna do this everyday, and hopefully we will, we have to, like, fit some homework in there somewhere," Bella then suggested to Jacob. "I don't want Billy thinking we're a bad influence on you."