11

𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐎𝐃𝐒
i am just a girl with ideas

IT WAS about two days after the whole James thing, and now Bella and Ophelia - even though she doesn't really want to admit it - is closer to the Cullens than before

IT WAS about two days after the whole James thing, and now Bella and Ophelia - even though she doesn't really want to admit it - is closer to the Cullens than before. They didn't think of the short black haired original as a threat anymore, which she found really hilarious and stupid.

But, here she was, in the woods, walking a trail with the one and only Jasper Hale accompanying her. They've been walking for about fifteen minutes now and have barely said a few words.

"So, Jasper Hale, the man with gorgeous golden curls," Ophelia started, "Tell me about yourself."

"My name is actually Jasper Whitlock, darling," he told her with his beautiful accent. "There's not much to tell."

She rolled her eyes at that. "Everyone has a story, so tell me yours."

He chuckled at her. "Alright. I joined the Confederate Army before turning seventeen." She turned to him in surprise before looking him up and down, smirking. "I became the youngest major in Texas." His eyes held a faraway story, and it made her intrigued. "After evacuating women and children, I rode on my way back to Galveston and met three women - Cold Ones. One of them, Maria, her turned me, and made me do a lot of things I didn't like. She made the villain."

"Nobody is the hero or the villain, it's not all black and white, you know," she informed him with a small frown as she looked out into the forest around them. "I know about that more than I care to." She sighed. "I have been doing things all my life - things that made me who I am, and yes, there is things I regret, but it has made me who I am, and it has led me to to this point in my life. If it wasn't for the things that had happened, I wouldn't be here. I wouldn't have found Bella who is literally the light to my dark. She understands me. She knows who I am, what I have done, and still loves me. If there is someone who I trust with everything, that someone would be Bella."

She turned to him and continued, "Everything still weighs down on me. But, Bella helps take some of the weight, and it helps me breath." She reached over and grabbed his hand. "Just find someone who understands the pain, and let them take some of it, and then you won't feel so bad, or alone anymore."

She suddenly pulled back and looked away from him, clearing her throat. "Sorry. I just-"

"It's fine, darling," Jasper told her after a beat. "You're strong, you know that?" He asked and she turned to him. "After everything that you have been through - I wished I had that kind of strength."

She smiled lightly at them as they came to a stop, and they stared into each others eyes. She tilted her head as she stared straight into his eyes - she was the same height as him with her heels on.

She stepped towards him and grabbed onto his head, and closed her eyes. They were both then transported into a distant memory of hers.

The scenery changed, there was little houses made out of woods; a village. There was two girls giggling and laughing by a fire. The blonde was braiding the younger girls hair. That younger girl was Ophelia, and Jasper turned to look at her while she was staring at the younger and more innocent version of her.

"Oh, come on, Rebekah, he wouldn't like me!" The twelve year old Ophelia exclaimed with a childish giggle. "He would like you. You have beautiful, golden hair, while I have boring brown. You have eyes the color of the ocean, while I have mud colored ones. Why would he choose me over you?"

"Listen here, Ophelia, you are beautiful in your own way," Rebekah spoke and spun her sister around to stare at her. "If he were to look at another girl, he's a fool. You're beautiful, clever, and strong. Never let a boy put you down, sister."

Jasper and Ophelia was pulled out of the memory, and the original turned away from him. "See... I was once a naive and innocent human who believed all my problems were revolves around finding a boy who would court me. Now, here I am, the strongest creature to ever exist, and not so naive nor innocent. Everything happens for a reason, you just have to find it."

"She was right, you know," Jasper said after a minute of silence. Ophelia turned to him in question and he said, "Your sister." He stepped closer to her and pushed a strand of hair behind her ear. "You are beautiful, darling. But, you're much more than that, you're clever, strong, and simply amazing."

Without thinking of the consequences, he leaned forward and placed his cool lips on her warm ones. She didn't respond right away, just too shocked, but after a beat, she thought what the hell, and moved her lips against his.