49

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐒
pretend to be great and by the time the world realizes you might be, you already will be

PULLING UP TO the Cullen's house with her family in their separate cars behind her, she let out a smile as she saw Bella and Renesmee waiting for her

"Aunt 'Phelia!" Renesmee shouted as everyone got out of their cars. Klaus and the others watched in awe as Nessie jumped into the air and landed in Ophelia's arms. "You're back!"

Ophelia chuckled and pressed a kiss to the girls cheek. "I would never leave you, little one."

"This is the girl we're protecting?" Freya asked with a smile as she approached the hybrid who was part vampire and human. She was only suppose to look about two months old, but she appeared to be about ten. "You're beautiful, Renesmee."

The little girl smiled brightly and stepped forward, placing her hand on Freya's cheek. A few seconds later, the blonde pulled back in awe as she stared down at Renesmee. "You're Freya?" She asked, tilting her head slightly.

"Yes, I am." Freya smiled and then looked up at Bella and Edward. "Your daughter is different than anyone I have ever encountered."

"She's smart for her age," Edward stated as Renesmee walked over to them, standing in-between her parents.

"I brought you something," Klaus spoke up to the little girl and pulled out a brown stuffed wolf, and bent down so he could be at eye-level with her. "My daughter has one just like this, but silver."

Renesmee smiled at Klaus and slowly took the stuffed animal from him before hugging it tightly to her chest. "Thank you, uncle Nik!"

Klaus was shocked for a second before grinning and ruffling her hair. He stood up to his full height and stared at Bella with narrowed eyes. "So... I see that I am not the only hybrid around here."

Bella grinned at him, shrugging innocently. "I guess not."

"Sister," Kol called and she walked towards him, pulling him into a hug. "I want to introduce someone to you." He gestured to the girl beside him who looked to be seventeen. "This is Davina..."

Ophelia grinned as she saw the way her brother was looking at the girl. "You must be someone special to make my brother regain that look in his eyes." She reached out and offered her hand to Davina. "I'm Ophelia, and it's nice to meet you, Davina."

The girl smiled and shook her hand. "You're different than your siblings."

Ophelia smirked. "Don't be fooled, darling. I have the devil on my shoulder, too."

At that exact moment, Carlisle and Esme pulled up in their car, bringing in their last witness.

Carlisle was the first to step out and he smiled and waved at everyone. "Hello, you must be Ophelia's family. Sadly we did not get to meet last time you visited, but I appreciate you coming to help my family out." He held his hand out to Klaus who took it with a rough pull. Carlisle cleared his throat as he pulled his hand back, and then turned to Edward. "How many came?"