28

𝐄𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐘𝐒
half of her beauty is her brain

AFTER SCHOOL ENDED Ophelia and Bella decided to go to Emily's to say hello, and because Ophelia missed her wolf buddies

AFTER SCHOOL ENDED Ophelia and Bella decided to go to Emily's to say hello, and because Ophelia missed her wolf buddies. Even though she was a vampire, they all still liked her because she seemed much more alive than the Cullen's, and it helped that she was good looking.

As they pulled up to the house, they realized that none of the boys were there, but figured Emily was, so they let themselves into the house anyway. Though, Bella had slapped her on the arm in disapproval, shaking her head.

They walked towards the kitchen, and smiled when they saw Emily hunched over a mixing bowl. Ophelia knocked on the kitchen door, and Emily spun around. 

A happy smile appeared on Emily's face. She placed the bowl on the counter and embraced Ophelia in a hug. "How have you been?" She moved onto Bella next.

"Fantastic," Ophelia said honestly, "what about you? How are things around here?" 

"Crazy, but what's new?" They laughed at that and she said, "we have two new pack members. Harry Clearwater's kids - Seth and Leah. They shifted pretty soon after his death." 

Ophelia frowned and pushed herself up on the counter, taking a fry from a huge bowl that Emily had laid out. "Wait.." She trialed off. "Didn't you say Sam dated a girl named Leah before you?" 

Emily sighed and said, "Yeah. Leah's my cousin. Her and Sam were engaged when he imprinted on me. He hates himself for hurting Leah. It creates a lot of tension around here." 

Bella frowned. "What is imprinting?" 

"Oh, it's basically a soulmate. I mean it doesn't necessarily have to be romantic. You be whatever they need - a lover, a friend, a protector. It's like gravity is being replaced by the person they've imprinted on. That's what Sam said anyway," she explained, with a dreamy look in her eyes.  

Ophelia couldn't help the smile that appeared on her face as she stared at the beautiful woman. "That sounds... romantic and intense," she admitted. "I think I found my imprint without the actual imprinting," she stated and both girls smiled at her.

"So, you and Dean got more... familiar with each other?" Emily asked with a small smirk.

Ophelia smirked back. "Oh, definitely."

Bella groaned in disgust. Turning to Emily, she asked, "Do you know when the boys will be here?" 

Emily opened her mouth just when they heard the front door open. The twins could already hear all the noise the boys were making, and both girls tried to suppress their chuckles.

Embry was the first to see her. "Ophelia?" 

Paul pushed past Embry when he heard her name, Jared and Quil following close behind, "O!" 

The girl laughed as she got pulled into a hug from the wolf pack. "Nice to see you shirtless fools!" When they pulled back they waved at Bella who waved back with a smile. Ophelia frowned and looked around. "Where's the newbie?"

Embry stuffed some fries in his mouth. "He should be here soon."

Bella nodded and took a seat at the large table, and grabbed a banana from a bowl. She unpeeled it and took a bite and laughed as Ophelia wiggled her brows at her. "Oh, shut up!"

"I'm not the only one who though it," Ophelia defended herself as she popped a try in her mouth, chuckling as the boys started wiggling their brows at her. "You guys are bloody idiots!"

Just then, Jacob walked in with a boy following close behind. He didn't look very old, maybe fourteen or fifteen. His hair was cropped like the rest of the pack, and the twins could see the top of the tattoo peeking out from his t-shirt.

Jacob did a double-take before he frowned at them. He shook his head and stormed out of the house.

Bella sighed and looked at Ophelia who sent her a small smile. Since Bella had decided to turn into a vampire after graduation, and had told Jacob a few days ago, he has been pissed, and not wanting to talk to her.

"You must be Seth," Ophelia hummed and jumped down from the counter, approaching the fifteen year old boy who had an adorable smile. "Cute." She grinned as he blushed heavily under her gaze. "I'm Ophelia, the packs favorite vampire."

Seth's eyes widened and he looked around the room to see them all grinning and giving him thumbs up. He smiled and looked at Ophelia who was only slightly taller than him. "I'm Seth," he told her with a kind smile. "It's nice to meet you."

"You too, cutie."

"Stop flirting with the poor kid, O!" Bella exclaimed with a chuckle before she approached them. "I'm Bella. Ophelia can come on a little strong, so I apologize."

Seth shook his head, his blush getting redder by the second. "I — it's fine," he stuttered out which made the original chuckle.

"You're simply too precious," she told him before walking over to Emily who was amused. "You need help with anything, Em's?"

Emily chuckled and nodded. "Yeah. Can you finish mixing up that?" She pointed to bowl that she had been mixing before they showed up. "It'll give me more time to make spaghetti."

"Can I help with anything?" Bella asked as she turned to the older woman.

Emily smiled. "Can you make that spaghetti sauce you did a few days ago?"

"Of course."

Ophelia and Bella had spent the rest of the day with the pack, eating, playing board games, doing karaoke, watching movies. It was the perfect day and that meant one thing.

Something was about to go wrong.