43

𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐅𝐄𝐋𝐓 𝐌𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓
everything gets better and then it all falls apart again

IT WAS LATER that night and there was no sign of Bella coming back, even though she has Ophelia's blood in her system and dozens upon dozens of bite marks littering her body

Ophelia shook her head as she ran out of the room she had currently been in, and ran outside.

The panic started like a tightening of the chest, as if the muscles are trying not to let another breath in, but instead to die. Then the breath came, shallow, lungs unable to move much against the suddenly heavy ribs. Then her mind becomes as static, thoughts making no sense, replays of horrors once forgotten. Before she knew it , she was sitting on the floor, limbs unwilling to work at all.

It was as if everything hit her like a tsunami. It felt like that one time she turned her emotions off, did tones of bad things, turned her emotions back on years later and every emotion hit her dead on. She could no longer breathe, she was gasping for air.

"Hey, hey, it's okay," Dean cooed as he, once again, gathered her in his arms, smoothing down her hair.

They were outside, as everyone else stayed in the house, trying to get their minds off of everything that had happened. Especially after Jacob woke up from getting knocked out, saw that Bella was still dead, and found out that Seth imprinted on Renesmee. He had a fit and started breaking things and even tried to attack Edward and Ophelia. They had to kick him out of the house to calm him down.

"I am done with everything!" Ophelia shouted at the top of her lungs, her voice echoing throughout the night sky. She roughly shoved Dean off of her and stood up to her feet, running her hands through her hair and began pacing. "She's dead, Dean. Once again, someone died on me. Someone left me. I hate this feeling!"

"People die and most of the time, they don't get to come back. They just don't," Dean stated as he faced her, his own tears in his eyes. "And we're lucky enough that those bite marks and your blood might still work. We have three days to see if it does. Hold on until then. Please. Just... hold on for the hope of Bella coming back. Hold on for me because I will not be able to lose you, too. She was my friend, too, you know. I don't like this as much as you do."

Ophelia chewed on her bottom lip until it was raw as she watched him.

At first there was silence. A misty haze upon the horizons of her mind. That's were she kept everything, in her mind. That was until now. She could feel the hard painful lump in the back of her throat as more tears began to form. "I can't take this anymore," she mumbled and he bit his lip, trying to stop himself from crying.

"Do you not think about us?" He asked all of a sudden which shocked her. "Do you not think about the fact that you're a vampire and I'm human. I love you, I love you so much, and I love what you are, but I could never—" He choked on his words. "Do you not realize that we will have to let each other go at one point? Either when I die by monsters or old ness. You will still live and I will be gone." Tears fell from his green eyes. "Life is a never ending cycle of sadness and death, and there is nothing we can do but live in the moment."

Ophelia watched him with wide eyes, her mouth wide open. "I know," she mumbled and even more tears — if that was possible — began to fall down her cheeks, setting the ground that was beneath her feet. "And I — I was looking into something for you. For you and Sam seeing as him and Rebekah are together."

Dean furrowed his brows as he stepped towards her, wiping the tears from her beautiful face. "What are you talking about?"

She sniffled and bit her lip before she said, "there is this immortal spell that was made thousands of years ago, it was for this big bad terrible names Silas, but I have looked through hundreds of grimoires, and even spoke to Kol seeing as he loves anything magic. And well, we've worked on this elixir of some sort which leaves you pretty much human, except you have strength and speed like a vampire. You don't have to drink blood or anything of that sort, but you will not age."

Dean looked at her with wide, calculating eyes. "And how do you know this will work?"

Ophelia sighed. "Kol tested it out before using it on his girlfriend. She's a witch named Davina. But, anyway, it worked for her and they're happily together. I was going to tell you, but with everything that's was going on..." She ran a hand through her hair, still sniffling. "Would you drink it?"

Dean tucked her hair behind her ears and leaned in, pressed a kiss to her raw lips. He sighed and pulled back, green eyes clashing with brown. "Hell yes!" He grinned. "Anything to be with the love of my life forever."

Ophelia grinned happily and pulled him in for another kiss, their tears mixing in with each other's. "I love you."

"I love you, too."