26

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐋
family is forever and always

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐋 family is forever and always

OPHELIA WAS NERVOUS. More nervous than she had ever been in a while. It's been about a year since the last time she spoke to her family, let alone see them. She has been too busy, trying to overcome her trauma from seeing her favorite brother die, and then to protecting Bella every day since they had come to Forks. It's not a great excuse, but they also haven't even tried to contact her.

Letting out a loud sigh, Ophelia say down on the chair that Charlie had put in her room, and dialed her brother's number on her phone. He might be mad, probably furious, but she just needed to talk to him, to hear his voice. Even after everything he had out her through, she still loved him dearly. She loved all her siblings with her whole heart.

"Whoever this may be, you might want to reconsider dialing this number before I find you and rip out your spleen!"

Ophelia couldn't help but snort. "Well, I don't think that would be a great reunion, do you," she paused and began to smirk, "brother?"

"Lia!" Klaus exclaimed over the phone, his blue eyes going wide, and a smile coming to his face. "It's so great to hear your voice."

Ophelia let out a breath she didn't even know she was holding. "Hello, Nik." She smiled and closed her eyes in relief to his light tone with her. It surprised her, but it was a good surprise. "How has life been treating you in Mystic Falls?"

"Well, dear sister, seeing as you do not know, I have been in New Orleans for the past nine months." She could feel his smirk as he spoke, "And you may wonder why? It's because I had gotten girl pregnant. You remember Hayley Marshall, right?"

Ophelia sat up quickly, sputtering, not knowing what to say. "You got a girl pregnant?!" She shouted before lowering her voice. "How is that..." She trialed off before her eyes widened. "Your werewolf side gave you the ability to... Oh, my god!" She shouted in joy. "But... Hayley?" She shook her head. "I don't quite like her. She was beautiful and feisty, but she hung around stupid Tyler Lockwood."

Klaus couldn't help himself but laugh at his little sister. "I miss you so much, sister," he mumbled before taking in a breath. "But, yes, you're quite right with the whole werewolf bit." He released his breath and ran his hand through his blonde curls. "Hayley had gave birth to a little girl — Hope. And before you start to ask questions, we had to fake her death. The witches of New Orleans do not like the thought of a tribrid to be. She's with Rebekah now, safe and sound."

Ophelia released a breath and ran a hand down her face. "I'm sorry, brother. I should've been there for you. I should've been there for my little niece." She smiled at the thought. "I love that title! I'm an Aunt now! I can't believe it!" She giggled and leaned back in the chair. "I am truly sorry that I—"

"No worries, sister. I had not contacted you for a reason. I had made sure that the others would not either," he informed her. "You wanted away from all this drama. You wanted freedom and happiness, and a family of your own. I respected that. We had everything handled."

Ophelia smiled as he spoke. She could tell that he had grown up from the person she had last seen. "Oh, trust me, if I even had the time or mind space to call you months ago, I would've. A lot has happened since I last saw of you."

"Is everything alright, sister?" Klaus immediately asked, his concern showing through his words.

She smiled at his tone. "Everything is fine now. I've actually changed a lot through the past year," she admitted. "I met a girl. Her name is Bella and I consider her a Mikaelson. She is the serpent underneath just like them us. And since we look alike, we've been going around saying that we are twins. Her father is a nice man, too. He basically made a room for me and everything." There was a pause and she frowned. "You know I'm not replacing you guys, right? I will always love my bloody crazy family, no matter how many times you make me want to stake you."

"I love you too, sister," Klaus chuckled, "I'm just happy that you've found a place for yourself, even if it's not by my side."

Ophelia smiled. "I'm glad to hear you say that because you might not be happy with what I'm about to say." She giggled as she heard him take in a breath, readying himself. "I have a boyfr—"

"No. Absolutely not."

Ophelia laughed loudly. "I love him, Nik. And he treats me like a princess. Granted, our relationship started off weird and terrible, we're in an amazing place. Trust me, I know he's different than all the others."

"Is that pain I'm sensing, sister?" Klaus asked in concern before growling. "Did someone hurt you? If so, I'll—"

"Someone did hurt me. Badly, too. But, before you go on a killing spree, if it wasn't for him, I wouldn't have met Dean, the guy who I've been waiting for, for a thousand years," she told her older brother to calm him down from ripping out people's throats. "Yes, at first, Dean didn't like the fact that I was a creature of the night, but he moved around that and we've been going strong for about four months now. I know it's not a long time, but I—"

"You love him."

Ophelia took in a shaky breath, "I think I do..." She trialed off before straightening upon hearing Bella come in through the front door. "I have to go. I have something planned with Bella. But, I'll call you later." She paused before saying, "I should probably call Bekah first though or else she'll find me and string me up by my neck."

Klaus laughed. "Yes. She will." He shook his head. "Alright, I'll let you go. Have fun with whatever you and the human have planned. Love you."

"Love you too, brother." She hung up just as Bella opened up her bedroom door. "You ready?"

Bella grimaced before sighing. "Yeah. But..."

"No but's," Ophelia interrupted her, "We're doing this."

They were going to take Bella and get her a makeover. Her eyebrows needed waxed, her hair needed to be cut, and she needed to get her chipped nails done.

"Let's go!" Ophelia linked their arms together. "By the way, I just got off the phone with my brother."

"What?!"