21

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐋𝐅 𝐈𝐒 𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐆
no time for temporary people

"JACOB!" Bella and Ophelia shouted in sync as they jumped out of her orange truck

"JACOB!" Bella and Ophelia shouted in sync as they jumped out of her orange truck. "Jake!"

It was then that they heard it; the familiar hoots and hollers of Sam, Jared, Paul, and Embry.

Bella's hands clenched into fists by her sides as she spun on her heel and stormed outside, prepared to confront the rowdy boys who had no idea she or Ophelia were there. Ophelia let out a sigh, racing after Bella, who'd started sprinting across the lawn the moment Sam and his friends noticed her.

"What did you do?!" Bella shouted. Sam stepped closer to her with his eyebrows furrowed, earning a slap on the chest as she glared up at him. "What did you guys do to Jacob?"

"Watch it," Jared shot her a warning sneer, eyeing the faint handprint she had left on Sam's skin.

"Easy." Sam raised a hand in his direction, causing the boy beside him to back away, his eyes bright with anger.

"He didn't want this," Bella said.She was furious, and that rage was getting the better of her as she paced back and forth, wanting them to leave her friend alone.

"What did we do?" Paul scoffed, eyes narrowed on her pale figure. "What did he do? What did he tell you, huh?"

Ophelia tsked and stepped in front of Bella, looking up at Paul with narrowed eyes. "You better back down before I make you, asshole."

"Both of you, just calm down," Sam snapped, sensing the chaos that was brewing between them.

"Nothing!" Bella exclaimed, ignoring Sam's warning as she took a step closer to Paul, her face inches from his as she scowled at him. "He tells me nothing because he's scared of you."

Ophelia pursed her lips as the boys burst into laughter, amused by her choice of words. Both girls couldn't stand their mocking chuckles.

With her upper lip curled in distaste, Bella was the one to step forward and punch one of them hard across the face, the sound of skin meeting skin resonating around the clearing. Paul gave a furious snarl, the sound so inhumane that it chilled Bella to the core.

"Too late now," Jared drawled as the boy in question began shaking in rage, his body blurring with tremors.

"Girls, both of you get back now!" Sam commanded, grabbing Paul by his shoulder to try and pull him away from them.

Ophelia grabbed Bella's hand and pushed her behind her protectively as Paul loomed forward as he trembled with rage, his teeth bared in an animalistic snarl. She quickly jumped back in time just as a giant grey wolf formed where Paul had just been standing.

"Bella!" Jacob screamed as he raced onto his front porch, having heard the commotion occurring and deciding to investigate. And it was a good thing he did, because literal chaos was about to ensue. "Ophelia!"