09

𝐁𝐀𝐒𝐄𝐁𝐀𝐋𝐋
when i need to, i'll bare my bloody fangs

"SINCE when do vampires like baseball?" Bella asked as Ophelia moved the bat around in her hand and Edward fixed her hat

The original grinned as Edward said, "Well, it's the American pastime, and there's a thunderstorm coming and it's the only time we can play. You'll see why."

She walked beside Bella as they walked towards the rest of the Cullen's. "Why do you like baseball so much?"

Ophelia smiled as she thought about her family. "I used to play it a long time ago... with my siblings. My brother Kol always has a fascination with bats."

"I don't even want to know," Bella said with a shirt.

Ophelia grinned. "You really don't."

and I smirked at her saying, "No you do not."

Esme smiled at the pair as they approached her. "Glad you're here, Bella. We need an umpire."

"She thinks we cheat," Emmett said with a chuckle.

Esme countered, saying, "I know you cheat."

"All vampires cheat at pretty much everything," Ophelia stated, "That's why it's so fun being one of us."

"Call them as you see em, Iz," Ophelia said with a smirk and a wink. She turned and saw Jasper and Emmett fighting over who's team she was going to be on. She laughed and said, "I'm gonna be on the team that Rosalie is on!"

Rosalie grinned and walked over to her, asking, "Why my team?"

Ophelia simply smiled. "You remind me of my sister."

Rosalie was the first up to bat, Alice smirking at her as she moved towards the centre of the pitch with a ball in her hand. The pixie-like vampire was quiet for a moment, before she looked up from the ground and announced the beginning of the game as thunder started to rumble in the distance. 

"It's time." 

She threw the ball with elegance, allowing it to soar through the air like a bird taking flight. Rosalie's bat collided against it with ease, sending it flying across the field, the two objects colliding with a bang. 

"I see why you need the thunder," Bella let out an impressed breath. Bella and Ophelia watched as Edward chased the ball, disappearing into the woods with Rosalie sprinting to each base, her arms held up in front of her to push her along. "That's got to be a home run, right?"