18

𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐋
best friends do dumb shit together

"WHAT THE hell?!" Both Ophelia and Bella blurted out as they stood in the Original's room

"WHAT THE hell?!" Both Ophelia and Bella blurted out as they stood in the Original's room. "What were you thinking?" Ophelia asked the human with rage and concern. "You could've been hurt."

"I know how to protect myself!" Exclaimed Bella who then groaned in annoyance. "What were you think sleeping with an FBI agent?!"

"That's not important right now!" Ophelia shouted which made Bella freeze in shock. Ophelia has never yelled at her like that. "You got on the back of a strangers motorcycle who could've been a rapest or murderer!"

"It wouldn't matter because I'm standing in front of a murderer right now!" Snapped Bella who then gasped and covered her mouth quickly. "Ophelia, I—"

"You're right," Ophelia stated, interrupting Bella who shook her head. "I am. I have killed hundreds, probably thousands. I am a murderer and I don't deserve the love you give me."

"Ophelia..." Bella trialed off before pulling the Original in a hug. "Yes, you've killed people and done a lot of terrible things, but you have done so many good things too. You just have to keep doing good. Like how you gave all those families money."

"Yeah, after I drained and decapitated their loved ones," retorted Ophelia who then sighed. "But, I guess you're right."

"Okay," Bella sighed, "How was the one night stand?" She then smirked at the Original who smiled in response.

"He — well, he might've made me breakfast."

Bella choked on her saliva. "No guy makes you breakfast if they think you're just a one night stand."

"And, we might've had sex again before finishing said breakfast..." Ophelia trailed off and watched as Bella choked all over again in surprise. "I know right!" She exclaimed before sighing. "I don't know what overcame me," she admitted. "I mean... the first time was because I was both drunk and upset, wanting to get Jasper out of my thoughts, and to rid myself of nightmares. But, the second time, it was... I don't know. Something is different about Dean. There was just so much... tension and angst, and something else I can't decipher."

"Well, was he at least good in bed?" Bella questioned, crossing her arms, and furrowing her brows.

Ophelia then smirked. "Amazing," she answered. "I mean... over my years on this planet, I have had plenty of sex, with both men and women, but he was..."

"Different," Bella finished with a sigh. "And what about... Jasper?"

"I don't know. We never had sex."

"That's not what I meant," Bella said, tilting her head. "But, really? You never...?"

"No." Ophelia shook her head. "I just... I don't know. It's not that I didn't want to, but something was off about the whole thing. I honestly don't know." She ran a hand through her silky hair. "But, to answer your other question; screw him. He left me voluntarily, and without saying goodbye. Maybe we would've come something else, but I know my worth now. If it's easy for someone to walk away from me that easily, they don't deserve my time."

"So, you're—"

"But, the whole thing still hurts," Ophelia stated. "And it probably will always hurt seeing as I have always had abandonment issues since I was a human."

Bella smiled at her best friend who she considered to actually be her sister. "I love you," she said softly. "You always know how to pick yourself up when you're down."

"Sometimes," the Original stated. "If it wasn't for you, I probably would've turned my humanity off."

"Well, I'm glad that you haven't," Bella admitted. "You know... without you, I probably would've resorted to staying in my room and numbly watching as time flies by. So, I guess we're both helping each other out."

Ophelia flashed the human a smile before pulling her into a hug. "So, about that motorcycle thing..."

Bella rolled her eyes. "I did it because I could feel Edwards presence," she slowly admitted as she pulled back from the hug. "I've never loved someone like that and I've never been loved like that back. So, him leaving me has out a void in my soul that won't go away unless I do something that makes it feel like he's there by my side." She sighed. "Being on that motorcycle brought adrenaline and made me imagine him. But, halfway through, I realized how I was being stupid and pretty much just jumped off of the motorcycle."

"What?!" Ophelia exclaimed but was cut off by Bella laughing.

"Kidding. I made him stop, and I ran back to Jessica," she informed the Original who then slapped her on the arm. "Ow!" She laughed even more before smirking. "But..."

"Oh, no." Ophelia shook her head.

"I got two motorbikes from a junkyard and I want to go to Jacob's to ask him if he wants to fix them up," she explained, eyebrows raised.

Ophelia sighed. "If you're going, I'm going. If you're going to get yourself hurt, I'll be there to laugh at you and then heal you."

"Ha ha," Bella fake laughed before smiling. "Thanks! We're going tomorrow."