Like a Father and Son Duo

My dad really didn't trust Jeong-Hui. When he agreed to let him stay, he immediately went to get all his work. Then he brought it all to the living room. Now he's just sitting on the opposite couch, constantly looking up from his work. "Come on, Mr. Y/L/N (Your Last Name). I promised no lies," Jeong-Hui whined. "I don't care, I'm not trusting you with my daughter," my dad said. "Don't act all innocent. I can see through that pretty face of yours," he added. "Are you saying that I'm attractive? I'm flattered Y/D/N (Your Dad's Name), but, sadly, I'm not gay," Jeong-Hui shook his head with a disappointed face. "What, you're crazy! I would never like you, and that's Mr. Y/L/N to you!" my dad shouted. Jeong-Hui broke into laughter. "Come on. I'm your top companion, Mr. Y/L/N. You can at least put a little bit of trust on me," Jeong-Hui said. "No way," my dad shook his head. Jeong-Hui turned his attention back to me. "Your old man is no fun," he joked. "Well, he seems like a fun old man to me," I played along. "I can hear the two of you. Also, I'm not that old to be called an 'old man!'" my dad shouted (Yet you call yourself that...? HMMMM). Jeong-Hui and I broke into laughter. He looked at me. "You're really fun," he smiled brightly at me. Then he started analyzing me. "So you're Y/D/N daughter?" he asked. "That's Mr. Y/L/N to you," my dad corrected. "Right..." Jeong-Hui said. "Anyways, your dad would always talk about you. I thought you were some little child. But apparently..." he paused, "You're an attractive grown lady." "W-what...?" I was shocked by his words. "Is this guy flirting with me? This is the moment where I tell him I have a boyfriend, right? But doesn't that sound like I'm being snotty?" I asked myself.

"Yeah, he would never stop talking to you. He kept saying 'I miss my little girl' or 'I wish I could see my princess.' So when I ask him for a picture, he showed me a picture of your younger self. It would only make sense that I thought you were a tiny cute child..." he paused again, "But I have to say, your still pretty cute." "Stop flirting with my daughter. She has a boyfriend so stop running your mouth," my dad said. "Oh, you're taken?" Jeong-Hui asked. I slowly nodded. "Well, I'm sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable," he apologized. "No, you're fine," I let out a giggle. "I guess I didn't make such a good impression. First, your dad calls me a liar and tries to paint me like I'm some bad guy-" he was interrupted. "You are a bad guy," my dad rolled his eyes. "Anyways," Jeong-Hui waved away my dad's words, "I started flirting with you without acknowledging your relationship." "You're fine," I assured. "I guess I should restart," he held out his hand, "I already did my introduction so it's your turn." "Hi, I'm Y/N. I'm twenty-five years old," I grabbed his hand. We shook hands before releasing. "Twenty-five, huh? I'm twenty-six, I guess I'm your oppa," he said. "I guess," I shrugged, "Should I start calling you that?" "That won't be necessary. As you can tell, I suck at being formal," he chuckled. I nodded. We continued talking, and got to know each other a bit more. "Ah, I have an idea!" Jeong-Hui clapped his hands. "You said that this is the first time being here, right?" he asked. I nodded, "That's right." "Then, how about we go to the mall?" he turned to look at my dad. "You've always talked about wanting to spoil your daughter so why not do it now? This is the perfect opportunity!" he said, excitedly. My dad looked up from all his paperworks, then he looked over at me. "I would want to spoil her but I'm sure she's all grown up, and I don't think I can," my dad said. "Nonsense, you can always spoil an adult. Haven't you heard of all those gold diggers?" Jeong-Hui asked. "Oh, now you're calling my precious daughter a gold digger?" my dad asked, annoyed. "No, not at all. I was just giving an example. With your reaction, I'm guessing it wasn't such a good example," Jeong-Hui shrugged at his failed attempt. "You're not even twenty-nine yet, so your frontal lobes haven't fully developed yet. That's probably why you're giving me such horrible examples," my dad adjusted himself. I couldn't help but giggle at their interaction. "Your precious daughter finds me funny, so why don't you?" Jeong-Hui asked. "I'm sure she's just laughing at how ridiculous you're being," my dad said.

"You guys seem like a father and son duo," I chuckled. "I would never accept him as my son," my dad said. "We're moving away from the main point. Let's go shopping!" Jeong-Hui repeated. My dad looked over to me. "Do you want to?" he asked. "Sure, that's fine with me. I've been in this house for a long time now. I would like look around," I agreed with going out. "It's been decided then! Let's go shopping, and spoil the princess!" Jeong-Hui seemed more excited than me. It kind of reminded me of someone. "Yeah, yeah, let me go change first," my dad said. Then he disappeared along with his work. "This is so exciting. Did you know that your father never leaves the house unless it's for business matter?" Jeong-Hui asked. "Really, how come?" I asked back. "He's been depressed ever since he left you behind, so he doesn't like going outside and seeing the world all happy and shiny," he answered. "I can't believe that he's been like that... I guess our feelings match up then," I thought to myself. When my dad was done, we got into his car. "Let's go!" Jeong-Hui, who was sitting in the passenger seat, shouted while pointing forward. "Why did your obnoxious mouth have to seat next to me?" my dad asked. "Because I'm now your son," Jeong-Hui nudged him. If I had to be honest, they seem more like close friends rather than companions. When we made it to the mall, Jeong-Hui dragged my dad and me from shop to shop. Sadly, that made me miss a lot of calls.

At the end of the day, I explained to my dad that I wouldn't have a place to stay because I forgot to plan ahead. He allowed me, like any good parent would, to sleep in a guest room. Then, I called Hoseok and explained to him my day before falling asleep on the call.

I hoped you enjoyed!
~XutieMiako