Just One Day

~A year later~

A year ago, Hoseok and I were getting bullied again. In three weeks, Kim was able to extinguish all that bullying. When we got home on that day, she pulled us into her room. Then she lectured us. "If something bad is happening, then you can tell anyone in this household. It's not like the person will know. Unless you let it slip out, then they'll know. If you tell us, we can take action in private, like I did," was what she told us. We're forever grateful for her help. Sometimes we felt guilty that we couldn't help her. But Hoseok was really mad at me, "You were being bullied and you never told me anything? I know I was keeping mines a secret, but you should have confessed as well!" Anyways, we've been living our lives like normal. Kim checked out Hoseok's bruises and said he'll be fine. Jihyun failed to pay back in time, of course. Kim didn't take the slightest bit of pity, she kept on raising it. "She needs to understand the struggle of getting money," was what Kim said.

~A week ago~

"Do you want to come on a trip with me?" my dad asked. "What type of trip is it?" I asked back. "Well, I'm going on a business trip. There's this person who wants to meet up with me," he answered. "Exactly where are we going?" I asked. "Dallas, Texas," he answered.

~Present~

That's the story how Hoseok and I ended up on a private plane. I was the one who wanted to bring Hoseok along. My dad wasn't so happy when he saw him. But it's been some time now, and it seems my dad is getting used to him. Sadly, Jeong-Hui was forced to stay back. I would have liked to have him around. "Why did you bring him with you? I wanted to spend some father and daughter time together. Jeong-Hui was even forced to stay back, I actually like that he's gone," my dad seemed mad that I brought Hoseok with me. "He's my boyfriend. Plus, I can't really resist him. Have you seen his puppy dog eyes?" I asked. He groaned, "I wish that you left him behind. It's a little too late to do anything about it though. He's already on the plane." My dad really look like he was going to lose his sanity soon.

~Dallas, Texas~

"Okay, first things first," my dad started walking ahead of Hoseok and me. "We're going to thank the driver who decided to take time off just to drive us to our hotel," he said. Hoseok and I nodded. When we were outside, my dad scanned around. "Oh, there she is!" he walked ahead again. Hoseok and I were to quick to follow behind him. "Thank you for taking time off to drive us," my dad smiled. "Uh... thank you," I said. "Uh... thank you," Hoseok copied. "It's not problem," the female smiled. "It's really nice to have you back, Mr. L/N," she shook hands with my dad. "I'm glad to be back," he shook her hand. His English was way much better than mine, but he did have that really deep accent. "Who are they?" she leaned over to look. "Isn't that Hoseok?" she totally butchered his name. I was trying to be nice by holding in my laughter, not everyone can get his name correct. "Hoseok, my name is pronounced Hoseok," Hoseok corrected. "Oh, I'm terribly sorry. I'm not Korean so I wouldn't know how to pronounce your name," she went to shake his hand. "It's okay," he chuckled. "What's your name?" he asked as they shook hands. "My name? My name is Lia Johnson, but you can call me Miss Johnson," she smiled. "Miss Johnson? Oh, such a pretty name," he complimented. "You think so? I'm glad to hear that?" her smile widened. Then she turned to me. "Who may you be?" Miss Johnson asked. "This is my daughter. Go introduce yourself," my dad pushed me forward. "Hello, my name is Y/N. It's nice to meet you," I held out my hand. "So you're the one your dad keeps talking about. He never stops talking about you," she shook my hand. "My name is Lia Johnson. I'm sure you already heard me, but you can call me Miss Johnson," she smiled brightly. "Shall we get going? All of us have a place to be," she motioned us to her car. We got in.

~At the hotel~

When we stepped out of her car, she walked out as well. "It's really nice to meet the both of you," she shook hands with Hoseok and me again. "I hope that Dallas brings nothing but joy," she said, "I hope to see you again." "Thank you for the ride," we said in unison. "It's no problem. I love driving," she giggled. As she drove off, we waved to her. After that, we went into the hotel and claimed our keys. "Your not going to share a bed with her. You better sleep on the couch," my dad threatened Hoseok as we were on the elevator. "Dad, we sleep in the same bed everyday," I informed. He gave a me shocked face. "Mr. L/N, we've been dating since colle-" my dad interrupted him. "I don't care how long you've been dating. You can't sleep in the same bed with my daughter unless you're married," he said. Hoseok was shut right up. "Dad, I'm not a child anymore. I make my own decisions," I had to remind him that I was an adult now. "I know sweetie, but it's dangerous!" he said. "I'll sleep on the couch," Hoseok winked at me. "You better," my dad said. After a while, we settled into our room. "What are we going to do now?" Hoseok asked. "I'll go ask my dad," I answered. I left and went to my dad's hotel room. "What is it, sweetie?" he asked when the door was open. "What are we doing for the majority of the time?" I asked. "Well, I have work to do so you can just walk around. Just be back for dinner, I'm bringing us to a restaurant," he answered. "Alright," I nodded.

~Night time~

We just finished eating. "Excuse me, I need the bathroom," Hoseok got up. When Hoseok was gone, my dad leaned over. "I have a question for you," he said. "What is it?" I asked. "When do the both of you plan to get married?" he asked back. I was shocked by his question. He clearly didn't like Hoseok, so why was he asking? "You don't like Hoseok, why do you want to know that?" I asked. "I know I give the kid a hard time, but I'm just testing him. If he keeps putting in the same effort to make you happy, then he's worth it. As long as you're happy, I am too," he answered. "Honestly, I don't know when we can get married... he's busy and so am I. But I want it to happen one day, even if it's in ten years," I said.

I hoped you enjoyed!
~XutieMiako