Someone Better

~Three days later~

"Are you sure you want to leave?" my dad asked. "Well, I have to go someday. Plus, he won't leave until I leave, so I think it's better if I leave tomorrow," I apologized. "Is there anything you want to do before you leave?" he asked. I thought for a second. "Can I go visit to your company? I didn't know it was your company, and I'm ashamed that you never told me," I said. "Did Jeong-Hui tell you about that?" he asked. I nodded, "Were you trying to hide it from me?" "Well, not that reason. I'm pretty sure I just forgot," he replied. "I can't believe you would keep something like that from me," I gave an offended look. "It's just not something I think about often," he said. "I was only joking. Don't get your head all tangled up," I smiled. "Is this really what you want to do?" he asked, and I nodded. "After Hoseok arrives, we can go after he arrives," I said. My dad gave a disapproved expression. He doesn't seem to like Hoseok at the moment. When I asked him to let him stay, he denied and told Hoseok to get a hotel room. Hoseok agreed, and got a hotel. But it doesn't seem like my dad likes Hoseok, it concerns me. Maybe because I'm still his precious little daughter. Anyways, Hoseok is trying his hardest to get my dad to open up to him. "Does he really need to come? Can't we just have a normal father and daughter day? It seems like he's following us everywhere we go," my dad crossed his arms. "Yes, he has to come. He's my boyfriend. Plus, I doubt we'll even have that much time together. I mean, Jeong-Hui will most likely bump in," I pointed out. My dad snapped his fingers, like he forgot about Jeong-Hui when he clearly can't. "Right, that kid," he groaned. "Kid?" I chuckled. Just then, the doorbell went off. "Right, that must be him," I went to the door.

~After a while~

When I explained the plan to Hoseok, he was down to come along. My dad tried pushing him aside though. He even forced me to sit in the front seat- not like I was complaining. But, I was also hoping to talk to Hoseok. When we made it there, Hoseok was quick to let me out. Then when we were to the entrance, he held the door for my dad and me. When we were at the elevator, he pressed the button for us- I'm pretty sure he just wanted to press it but it was nice. My dad kept glancing at him, then he shook his head. We stepped out after we reached the floor. "Let's go to my office," he started leading us. He was saying hi to everyone. They greeted him with a smile, no sign of his employees being fake. When we made it to the office, Hoseok rushed to open the glass door. My dad stopped him in his tracks. "Are you trying to pull something on me?" he asked, he started analyzing Hoseok. "Not at all, sir. I'm just trying to be nice," Hoseok answered. "You're trying to get on my good side, aren't you?" my dad asked. Hoseok gulped, that was the exact reason. My dad immediately caught it; I guess he can caught liars as well. "Listen, it's a lot of effort to get on my good side. Especially when you're trying to take my precious baby from me," he said. "I'm just trying to be nice-" he stopped Hoseok. "I can see right through your games. I'm not dumb, I'm a business owner not an idiot," he walked into his office. I was about to follow behind but someone stopped me. "Yeah, no, he's like that. Don't worry, he still doesn't trust me and I've been here the longest," of course, I knew it was Jeong-Hui. "Does it take that long to get his approval?" Hoseok asked. "I mean, I've been his companion ever since I was a teenager; now I'm twenty-six. He won't even let me step foot in his home," Jeong-Hui chuckled. "But since you're trying to take away his little princess, it'll take two times the amount of time for you to get on his good side," he added. Hoseok let go of the door handle. It looked like his soul was sucked out of his body. I nudged Jeong-Hui. "He's a hard egg to crack, but I believe in you!" he said. I shook my head. "Don't worry, my dad can't hold up for long," I assured. "Doubt it," I nudged Jeong-Hui again.

~After a few hours~

When I was in the office, it wasn't as fun. Though it was better than staying in the same place for a long time, I was actually able to communicate with actual humans. I was nervous at first, of course, but everyone was so nice. They didn't seem like they were trying to take advantage of me when I was speaking to them. "You found your daughter? Oh, I'm so happy for you!" "She's a grown lady, and she's so beautiful!" But now, we're going to get lunch. Jeong-Hui was, surprisingly, allowed to come along. As we were walking around, I stopped in my tracks. My dad was walking beside me so he stopped as well. "What's wrong?" he asked. I saw my mom, she was standing there. "Let's go this way," I grabbed his arm. "Why, the restaurant is right there," he pointed at the restaurant. I gulped, "Okay, just look down." As we were passing her, it seemed she noticed us. "Hey, aren't you going to say hi?" she asked. "That voice...." I heard my dad murmur. I clenched my fist. He turned to look at his ex-wife. Just then, another male stepped out. "Oh sweetie, that's my ex-husband. You know, the one that left me," that's a way to throw my dad under the bus. The guy was bulk, and sort of scary looking. "You're the one who left your daughter, and you call yourself a man-" just then Jeong-Huu started laughing. He looked tough, but his voice wasn't so intimidating. It was so squeaky. "Hey pretty boy, why are you laughing?" the guy asked. I think everyone was holding in their laughter, Jeong-Hui just happened to not care if his skull was crushed. "You're trying to imitate him with your voice, really now?" Jeong-Hui asked. The guy blushed. "Listen," Jeong-Hui looked over at my mom, "I was stupid back then, so I'm the main cause for this divorce. But you're right, he's not a man. He ditched his daughter, and I didn't cause that." "Hey, watch your mouth!" my dad shouted. "See, you agree with me. He's a horrible husband, I'm ten times better than him," the guy said. Why was he bragging, is he in elementary school?

"You, better? Have you worked years and years just to make your family happy? I don't think so. You look like the guy who would choose his workout over his child," Jeong-Hui said. "Whoa," I grabbed his shoulder, "Don't say that type of stuff." "I just what to know how he reacts," he whispered. The guy seemed mad, and grabbed onto Jeong-Hui's tie. "Oh look at you, attacking someone. Can't you take a little joke?" Jeong-Hui didn't seem the little bit of scared. "You went too far," the guy said. "So you're not any better than him, your temper is horrible," Jeong-Hui said, "See, he would get mad. But he doesn't get physical, as you saw earlier." The guy was shocked by what he said. "Let's go, you don't need to listen to them, especially them," my mom glared at Jeong-Hui and me. I had a lot of choice words for her boyfriend, but I decided to keep to myself. "Look at that, he's looks all tough but he's a baby," Jeong-Hui fixed his tie. "That was your mom?" Hoseok asked, and I nodded. Then I went to my dad, "Don't listen to them. You're better than him in my opinion," I said, "You deserve someone better than mom." He smiled, and patted my head. "I don't think I'll ever get over her, but at least I have you," he said.

I hoped you enjoyed!
~XutieMiako