They'll Adore You!

~Six months later~

I had my hands on my lap, nervously clenched. Hoseok looked over at me, and place his hand on one of my hand. "You'll be fine. Stop being so nervous," he said. "I'm scared they won't like me," I replied. "They'll love you. If I love you, then they will as well," he said. I blushed but still felt nervous.

~A week ago~

"Hey, cutie pie," Hoseok walked into our room. Then he sat next to me. "What is it?" I asked. "So, I have a break, you have a break, my family has a break. Let's go meet my family!" he seemed really excited.

~Present~

That's how I'm here, sitting in a car and heading to Gwangju. The trip will take around three hours. That means I have three hours to get ready. I felt like I was going into another interview, minus the fact that it's with his parents. Well, one hour was already knocked down. I started freaking out, I was having a mental breakdown in the car. Hoseok started scanning around. After a few miles, he found a spot to stop. He parked the car, and pulled me out. "Let's go, you need to take a nice walk," he said. We started holding my hand. Then we started walking around the store. From an outside perspective, it seemed like we were planning to steal from this place. It was a really big store, especially something that is in the middle of nowhere. "Why are you so nervous about this?" Hoseok asked. "I don't know, maybe because I'm meeting your parents. This is the first time I meet someone's parent. I haven't talked to a parent, beside my own! How am I supposed to act? Should I shake their hands? Should I inform them by their last name?" I started grumbling a lot of questions. He laughed at me. "What's so funny?" I asked. I looked at him with a tense expression. "You're going to get wrinkles if you keep doing that," he said. "Listen, it's nothing different from meeting a new person. They may have the title of 'parent' but they're still humans. Don't be afraid of them, they're like you. When you're meeting someone, you normally shake their hand. Since they're older than you, you should inform them as Mrs and Mr, just say their last names. Like Mr. and Mrs. Jung," he said. I was grateful for his advice, but I'm still freaking out. "You'll be fine. If I love you, then they'll love you! That's just how our family works," he assured. "But what if they don't, then what do I do?" I asked. "You'll run away with me, won't you? Your dad doesn't like me but I'm still here," he smiled. That's right, my dad showed no interest in Hoseok being with me. But here he is, standing tall beside me. Maybe I didn't have a great amount of confidence as he did, but I felt somewhat better now. "Now, are you ready to continue?" he asked. I nodded slowly, "Thank you so much. You're the best." First we went to pick up some food, then we got back into the car.

~At Hoseok's parent's house~

When we arrived at the front door, I immediately had a mental breakdown. I stopped him from ringing the doorbell. "What if I mess up? I'm too nervous to not mess up!" I started shaking him. "You. Need. To. Calm. Down," he said in separate sentences. I'm pretty sure he couldn't form his sentence correctly, because I'm shaking him. "I forgot, what should I call your sister?" I asked. "She doesn't care if you're formal, so you can call her by her name," he answered. "Okay, what's her-" before I could even finish my sentence, he had the dignity to press the doorbell. That's when I became stiff as a board. When the door opened, I was sweating bullets. His mom was the first to greet him. Then his dad and his older sister. When they were finished, they turned to me. "This must be the young lady you talk about," his dad smiled at me. I tried to smile back, just a little crack. But when I did give a smile, they seemed a little horrified. "Don't worry about her, she's just nervous. It's her first time meeting someone else's parents," Hoseok informed. "Have you never met your friends' parents?" his mom asked. "Uh... I didn't have friends until college," I said. "I'm so sorry for bringing it up!" she apologized. Then they introduced themselves, one by one. I awkwardly bowed, although I should have done that first. "My name is L/N, Y/N. It's nice to meet you," then I shook their hands. "Ji-Wo, you don't mind her calling you by your name, right?" Hoseok asked. He walked in with his older sister, and left me behind. "Not at all," she answered. He turned, and gave you a thumbs up. The both of them eventually disappeared. I was forced to awkwardly sit with his parents. "Do you like our son? He can be troublesome sometimes," his dad asked. "Not at all, Mr. Jung. He's never been bothersome to me. I think it's the other way around," I nervously laughed. "Are you guys married yet?" his mom asked. I blushed at the question, "Ma... ma- ma- married?" I repeated. "I take that as a no?" she giggled at my flustered state. Just then, Hoseok and Ji-Wo appeared.

"Mom, dad, are you giving my girlfriend a hard time?" Hoseok asked. "No, no. Of course not, we're just asking her questions," his dad assured. Just then his mom clapped her hands. "This would be a perfect moment to show off your baby pictures," she got up, and left the room. "Baby pictures...?" I thought back to when he first debuted. Then I snickered to myself. "Hey, you're really pretty," Ji-Wo suddenly appeared in my face. "Do you want to model for my clothing line?" she asked. "What, me, model?" I asked. She nodded, "You would be perfect!" "Hey sis, don't pressure her into doing something she doesn't feel comfortable with," Hoseok said. "You never know. She might be a natural, and become more famous than you are," she said. "She's already famous, in my heart," he placed a hand over his chest. "That's cheesy," she scoffed. His mom returned and started showing me pictures. She even went into detail with each picture. Hoseok would shout in embarrassment, or hide his face in my shoulder as he heavily blushed.

~Night time~

"Drive home safely, okay?" Hoseok's dad was leading us to the door. "I will," Hoseok assured. Just then, he stopped. He turned to his family. "Guys, what's your opinion on Y/N?" he asked. It was so sudden, I wasn't the only one shocked. "She's really sweet," his sister smiled. "You should marry her," his mom said, kind of pushy. "If our son likes her, we like her. I think all of us want to know more about her," his dad smiled. We got into the car, and I felt relieved. "See, what did I tell you? They adore you!" he smiled. I saw them waving to me, and I waved back. A big smile was on my face.

I hoped you enjoyed!
~XutieMiako