Ditching

~The next day~

~An hour ago~

I was half asleep when my dad walked in. "Sweetie, I'm going to work. I was called in early," he said. "I'm leaving now. Don't let anyone you don't know inside the house," he added. "I'll be back around midnight, so I'll leave an extra pair of keys for the house and the car if you want to go anywhere," it was a bit too early for me to even hear him correctly. I just nodded before dozing off again.

~Present~

I was sitting on the couch. My legs were hanging off the edge. Then I thought back to my dad's words. The memory wasn't very clear. "Don't let anyone you don't know in the house," I murmured. "Does he think I'm a little kid or something?" I asked. "Seriously, I'm not an elementary schooler anymore. I'm an adult," I thought. I returned to my phone. Just then, the doorbell went off. I got up and went to check. Then I noticed Jeong-Hui. "He's someone I know. I think dad would prefer that he doesn't step foot into his house though," I thought. I was about to leave the door but there was a knock on the door. "Y/N, I know you're in here! Y/D/N's spare car is still here," he called out. "This guy is really persistent," I thought. "Should I let him in? I can just talk to him without letting him past the door," I went back to the door. Then I opened it. He smiled brightly when he noticed that I opened the door. "Sorry, but I can't let you past this door," I said. "Did your dad tell you to not let me in?" he asked. "Well, he said that I shouldn't let a stranger in," I said. "I'm no stranger," he replied. "I know, but my dad would prefer if you-" he approached me all of a sudden. "It's fine, grab your spare keys. My driver just left me so let's go," he said. "What do you mean let's go?" I asked. "Let's go hang out. You need some vitamin D. I heard it's good for you," he answered. "So you want to kidnap me?" I asked. "Something like that, minus the fact you're driving," he said. "You make a good point," I replied. "Now are you coming or not? I put in the effort to come here, you should give the same amount of effort," he said. I stared at him with an unsure expression. Then I held up my forefinger, "Give me a moment." I walked off, leaving the door wide open. "Wait, you're not going to ask permission from your dad, right?" he asked. I turned and noticed that he was trying to walk in. "Stop right there," I said. He looked down and drew his foot back. "And no, I'm an adult. I don't need my dad's permission to leave," I went to retrieve the two keys. When I got the keys, I went to the door. "So you're going?" he asked. "I can't stay in a house forever," I said. "Sweet, you're better than your dad!" he replied. "You mean Mr. Y/L/N," I corrected as a joke. We got into the car, and I started the car. "Where do you want to go?" I asked. "Far away from this place," he answered. "Huh...?" I thought. I wasn't even familiar with this place, so he ended up instructing me.

~After a while~

We ended up at a beach. "This is so much better," Jeong-Hui breathed in. Then he started walking to the water. "Are you feeling stressed or something?" I asked. He turned to look at me. "Something like that," he smiled softly. I started following behind him. "Your dad really likes pressuring me," he took off his shoes before sitting down on the sand. I hesitated but I copied him. "What do you mean?" I asked. "I just feel a lot of pressure. I'm still young," he said. "So why be his companion?" I asked. Jeong-Hui looked at me and gave me a wide smile. "That's what I ask myself everyday. But if you saw your dad in action, you'll understand why I stay," he replied. "Is he that amazing?" I asked. "There's a lot of reasons why he's famous. A lot of people are lucky to even work with him," he answered. "He's not that famous, I haven't heard anything about him," I said. "He's famous in America," he corrected. "I heard he's going to move to Seoul," he said. "What, why?" I asked. "Wait, not move. I mean, he has a business over there. Although he hates leaving his house, he's okay with going back to his old hometown," he answered. "If he does move, I'll be there to help him," I said. "You still live in Seoul?" he asked, and I nodded. "If he moves, then I have to follow behind him," he said. "Why though?" I asked. "Because I'm his companion," he answered. I tilted my head in confusion. Just then, my phone went off. It was my dad's phone number. "Don't answer that," Jeong-Hui tried stopping me. I answered it either way. "Sweetie, is Jeong-Hui with you?" my dad asked. "Yeah, he's right here," I answered. "No, wait," Jeong-Hui said. "Put this call on speaker," my dad said. I did as told. "Is the speaker on?" he asked. "Yeah, it is," I answered. Jeong-Hui was giving me a betrayed face. "Jeong-Hui, you freaking idiot! You said that you were going to the bathroom! But when I asked someone to check up on you, you weren't there! Why are you ditching the meeting? If I have to suffer here, then you will as well!" my dad shouted. Jeong-Hui didn't say anything. "You can't go running around. Now come back or I'll send a search team. Don't make me do that again," my dad threatened. Then the call ended. I was trying to hold in my laughter, but it left my mouth nonetheless. "Again, how many times were you hunt down by a swat?" I asked. "Hey, sometimes I want to ditch work. It's boring there," he explained. "Work in a house like my dad does," I suggested. "It's not that easy to," he sighed, "Can you take me back? This was fun, and thanks for dealing with me."

~After a while~

I brought Jeong-Hui back to work. My dad was there, waiting for him. When Jeong-Hui left the car, carefully and slowly, my dad went to retrieve him. He grabbed Jeong-Hui's neck and dragged him around. As I was driving back, my phone went off. I quickly answered it, and put it on speaker mode. Hoseok started talking to me. "So what do you think about your dad?" he asked after a while. "He's better than what my mom described him as. Plus, he's really nice," I explained everything to him. He seemed happy to know that my dad was someone I loved. "So I can meet him then?" he asked. "Not yet, Hoseok," I said. "He seems nice, you said I could," he replied. "Okay, you can. But not now, let me spend this week with him first," I said. But he ended the call before I could tell him not to.

I hoped you enjoyed!
~XutieMiako