It's quiet uptown

Slight IW spoilers, but if you haven't seen it yet what's wrong with you?
There are moments that the words don't reach
There is suffering too terrible to name
You hold your child as tight as you can
And push away the unimaginable

As Peter fell into Tony's arms, he didn't know what to do other than just hold the kid. The kid was begging Tony, pleading, he didn't want to go. Tony felt the pain in every word Peter spoke. He tried to keep the kid together. He really did.

The moments when you're in so deep
It feels easier to just swim down

Peter was gone. Tony held the last bit of him he
had against his face, hoping he would come back. Wishing this was all just a dream. But he didn't wake up. And the ash still scratching against his chin.

The Hamiltons move uptown
And learn to live with the unimaginable

Tony and Nebula land in Wakanda after fixing a broken ship. All the living members realized just how bad it was when they saw the look in Tony's eyes.

I spend hours in the garden
I walk alone to the store
And it's quiet uptown
I never liked the quiet before

Tony went to all the places he believed Peter would've loved to see. Especially the large fields with flowers and animals running through. But as he walked through, he began to think of Peters laugh and voice and how everything just seemed so much quieter without the boy. Dull. The quiet panicked Tony because it reminds him of all the times Peter was cut off from a call because he got hurt.

I take the children
to church on Sunday
A sign of the cross at the door
And I pray
That never used to happen before

Tony never believed in praying because he always associated the word with begging. But with Peter gone, he didn't care. He would beg in front of every person and ruin his reputation to get his kid back. So, he prayed. He prayed that May, MJ, and Peters best friend Ned were okay. And most of all, he prayed for Peter to be okay and not in pain and waiting for Tony to save him.

If you see him in the street,
Walking by himself ,
Talking to himself have pity

The surviving few always saw Tony talking to that red mask. At first they thought it was a cloth, but then they saw the eyes. And they saw Tony crying and talking to the mask, like the owner was actually there even though he knew he wasn't. Bruce knew how close he was to the kid, the kid even wedged his way into Bruce's heart and they barely met. The rest were worried. They had never seen Tony express so much emotion openly.

Phillip you would like it uptown
It's quiet uptown

"Pete, Wakanda is a very calming place. It would've been good for your senses to stay here every once in a while. The only problem is there aren't as many buildings to swing from further away. And you would like Shuri. She's really smart for her age, just like you." Tony laughed softly then a sob broke through again. "Damn it kid, I need you here!"

He is working through
The unimaginable

Tony lost his kid. And the kid just had to apologize for it. He hated the kid for making him feel this way, but he wouldn't trade their time together for anything.

His hair has gone grey
He passes everyday
They say he walks
The length of the city

Tony was stressed because he couldn't stop trying to find a way to get his kid back. He walked around the buildings, hoping to come up with an idea. He never found one. He needed Peter for that, too.

You knock me out
I fall apart

Tony kept thinking of how smart the kid was. How he made his own web shooters and fixed a broken computer from the dumpster. And how he could answer questions in class as if they were a second nature to him, and then say he's nothing special.

Can you imagine?
...
Look at where we are
Look at where we started
I know I don't deserve you Eliza
But hear me out
That would be enough

Tony was trying to make up with all the survivors. He was willing to quit this petty argument if it meant they could save Peter. But Steve kept saying how he wasn't the only one to lose someone. And it wasn't like he had anyone super important to lose. Tony lost it at that.
"I did lose someone." The team looked at him in shock as tears that he has been forcing down for weeks appeared again.
"Who could you have lost?" A sob fell out of Tony's mouth before he could stop it. It made everyone worry again. Who could be so important to The Tony Stark. He let out a sigh.
"I lost Spider-Man. I LOST MY SON!"

If I could spare his life
If I could trade his life for mine
He'd be standing here right now
And you would smile
And that would be enough

The team realized just how much Tony needed this kid. No matter what it took, they were going to get him back. Because if he could make someone like Tony Stark cry because of his death, he was something special.

I don't pretend to know
The challenges we're facing
I know there's no replacing
What we've lost
And you need time.

Tony began to talk with the survivors. He knew they all had different emotions for the people they had lost. He knew there were different levels to the whole thing, but he wants the team to work together again. Like the good ol' days as he says.

But I'm not afraid
I know who I married
Just let me stay here by your side
That would be enough

Tony had everyone speechless as he said he would not be controlling. He will listen to everyone's ideas because he has none. But they need to stick together. They all knew each other, so how hard could that be?
...
Forgiveness
Can you imagine?
Forgiveness
Can you imagine?

The team was together again. They all shook on it and put the deceased needs before their own. Even if they were their needs as well.

...
Have pity
They are going through the unimaginable

They all began to work, trying to find ways to get their loved ones back. They haven't slept in days, but they weren't going to quit. They couldn't do that. That's not what they did. They were going to get the people they love back. Tony was going to get his son back.

~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: This is definitely better than the last one in my opinion, but you can be the judge of that. I tried to go to the emotional side in this one because the last one wasn't sad enough. The next one will be happy, I think. I don't really plan this out. And I've seen Hamilton songs used before, but I couldn't find one with this, so here you go I guess. As always I will see you, in the next chapter. BUH-BYE!