Makeup

Do I even need to put warnings for cursing at this point?

Peter likes to wear makeup. He loved the art of it and it just made him feel good. He never wore it in public though. Why? Because people are shitty and don't like when you're not "normal". The only people who have ever seen him wear makeup are May and Ned. And every time they see him do his makeup, they are amazed. He can do light makeup looks or heavy makeup looks. He takes a ton of pictures even though he'll probably never show anybody. He knew people were becoming more accepting, but makeup always seemed to be something people never settled on. One day, Tony wanted to make updates to his phone. Peter let him do whatever he wanted and didn't think about what could happen. He left the room for a few minutes and Tony opened the pictures app. He looked through and his shock grew with every picture of Peters makeup he saw. When Peter walked back in, he saw Tony looking at his phone in shock and awe.
"Mr.Stark? What's wrong?" Tony looked at Peter before turning the phone to him. Peters eyes widened as he saw a picture of him with a full face of makeup and simple, neutral, eyeshadow.
"Um, it's not what you think." Tony's expression doesn't change as he looks at the next photo.
"I think I know exactly what this is. Peter, you're amazing at makeup." Peter just ducked his head and rubbed his neck.
"You're not upset?" Tony's expression changed to confusion.
"Why would I be upset Peter?" Peter continued to look down as he shuffled his feet.
" 'cause makeup's a girl thing." It's quiet for a while until Peter hears footsteps approach him and he tries to curl into himself.
"Peter, makeup is not a girl thing. It's an art thing. Anyone can do it. Especially you, kid. All of the pictures you took look amazing! I think Pepper would lover for you to do her makeup." Peter tried to hide his smile as he looked up at Tony.
"You really think they're that good?" Tony nodded his head as his eyes were still shining with pride.
"Why don't you ever wear makeup outside of your apartment?"
"People on the street aren't as accepting as the people you're close to." Tony nods sadly then he smiles.
"Well, I think you should start wearing makeup more if you would feel comfortable doing it." Peter smiled brightly and he hugged Tony tightly.
—time skip—
The first time Peter wore makeup in public, was when he went to one of Tony's parties. He was extremely nervous. Especially since the other Avengers would be there as well as random business people he didn't know. It was a simple look. The only things making it noticeable was the slight shimmer on his eyelids, his mascara, and the lipgloss. He felt nervous, but underneath that, he felt confident. He walked out of his room and May smiled at him.
"Look at you Pete. You look amazing."
"Thanks aunt May. Happy's here. I gotta go. Love you!" He walked quickly to the car and the people he passed smiled at him. He smiled back shyly before getting in the car.
"Lookin' good kid."
—time skip—
He's been in the party for fifteen minutes, and he's feeling the most confident he's been outside the Spider-Man suit in a while. As soon as Tony saw he was wearing makeup, he smiled at him proudly and introduced him to the team. They all accepted him, of course, and they all made a pact to protect this kid. There were a few... weirdos... but Peter knew how to handle that.
—time skip—
Peter let out another shaky breath as he continued to shake out his hands.
"I don't think I can do it Ned. It was different at Mr.Starks party. This is school. I know most of these people. And Flash is gonna have a field day with this." Ned just put his hand on Peters shoulder and Mj put hers on the other.
"You're going to be fine Peter. Who cares what all these teenagers say? They're not important Peter. Your happiness is though." Peter let out another breath as he shook his head. Mj sighed and pushed bed away slightly. She rubbed Peters arms and gave him a rare smile.
"Peter, we're here for you. So many people accept you. Like Ned said, these kids don't matter." Her smirk was back. "And besides, if anyone says anything, you know I'll kick their ass. Then Tony will come down here and beat them again. Then may, then Pepper, then the rest of the Avengers. You know how it is." Peter laughed softly and nodded his as he closed his eyes to take a few more calming breaths. Ned smiled at him.
"Alright Pete. What look are you going for today?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: to anyone reading this... I love you. That's it. Have a nice day or night. Take care of yourself. I hope you enjoyed and I'll see you, in the next chapter. BUH-BYE!!!
~Grace