The Orphanage of Queens

Tw: abuse (I always forget to put these. Sorry) also, I didn't edit
            Peter has lived at 'The orphanage of Queens' for five years now. He has also been Spider-Man for the past five years. He went out much more than when he first arrived at the orphanage because he wanted to get away. Most of his cuts and bruises weren't from Spider-Man. Most of the visitors didn't want to adopt Peter because he was the oldest ,14, and most of them wanted to have more than four years before their kid could leave the house. It upset Peter, but he understood that it wasn't just that. He was always very quiet when people tried to talk to him. Mostly because the owner of the building would threaten him. She wanted the young kids to get families before him. So, instead of waiting for someone to adopt him, he tried to stay put as much as he could, which meant he avoided most of the people looking to adopt. But today he couldn't go out. His 'boss',as she likes to call herself, gave him a ton of chores. She said she wanted the place as clean as a new house when their next visitor arrived. Apparently it was someone with a lot of money and could give them more money. Or the owner more money to spend on useless stuff.
"Peter, can you help me with my homework?" A young girl named Paige asked. She was 9 and the newest member of the house. Peter looked up at her sadly.
"I'm sorry Paige. I have too many chores right now. Maybe later." Paige frowned.
"Why is Ms.Fray so mean to you? You've done nothing wrong." Peter sighed.
"I've been here for five years. It gets kind of annoying to have a depressed kid around for that long." Paige just rolls her eyes.
"Sure. Because you're definitely the one who causes the most problems," she said referring to James. Peter laughed slightly until he saw Ms.Fray glaring at him.
"Paige why are you talking to Peter?" Paige apologizes before smiling apologetically at Peter. He just nods at her. After she leaves, Ms.Fray looked at Peter.
"I told you to be done with the kitchen by 12." Peter looked at the clock.
"It's only 11:30 ma'am." Her glare hardened and she grabbed Peters arm, pulling him up.
"Don't talk back to me." Peter didn't move as she punched him in the face. She pushes him to the ground then throws a vase at him. It breaks and cuts him on his arms and forehead. She just glared at him.
"Pick this up then clean yourself up." She walks out of the room. Peter sighs and rubs his hand over his face. He pulls his hand away and sees blood. He picks up the broken glass then heads to the bathroom. As soon as he gets there, he hears the front door open. He doesn't think much of it until he hears Ms.Fray gasp.
"Mr.Stark? What are you doing here." Peter stops what he's doing. Mr.Stark?
"I think that's quite obvious. Why else would I be here?" He blocks everything else out. He would love to meet Mr.Stark, but he knows he'll just get punished for getting in the way. The bathroom door opens and Paige walks in.
"The man you look up to is here, and you're cleaning off blood in the bathroom." Peter sighs as he looks at her.
"Why are you in here?" She glared at Peter.
"First of all, this is my room too. Second, I'm worried about you. You have a black eye and you're bleeding." Peter just shakes his head.
"Just go lay on your bed. Ms.Fray will want Mr.Stark to meet you. I'll be in here." Paige looks hesitant but leaves the bathroom to sit on her bed. Peter closes the door, but not all the way. He begins to clean his face when he hears the bedroom door open.
"This is Paige. She's 9 and she is the smartest person here." Peter could hear Paige scoff.
"What is it Paige?" Ms.Fray asks with a hint of annoyance.
"You're calling me smart? I'm not even half as smart as Peter is. He understands Mr.Stark and Dr.Banners work." Peter stops his movements. He should've known Paige would do this.
"Who's Peter? You said this was the last kid." Mr.Stark said. Of course Ms.Fray would act like he wasn't there.
"No one Mr.Stark."
"He's in the bathroom." As Paige says that, Peter closes the door and locks it.
"Come on Peter. Ms.Fray can't do anything," Paige whispers through the door softly. Peter sighs.
"It's fine Paige. I'm still cleaning up anyways."
"Cleaning up? What do you mean?" Mr.Stark asked.
"Nothing," Ms.Fray said as Paige said, "he has multiple cuts that are bleeding." There's a knock on the door.
"Peter, are you okay?" Peter stopped again as Tony Stark said his name.
"He's fine. Don't worry about him." Paige scoffed again before she walked away.
"Peter, if you don't open the door, I'll break in." Peter sighed again. He knew Paige was being honest. So he unlocked the door. As soon as he did, Paige pushed the door open.
"Hey bud, guess who's here. You're favorite person. And Mr.Stark." Peter smiled softly at the girl. He looked and Tony then nodded and looked in the mirror again. He hissed as he cleaned his cuts.
"What happened to you kid?" Peter just shook his head.
"Nothing I'm fine." Paige rolled her eyes again.
"Alright Peter, I'm only saying this because Mr.Stark can get this place shut down." She looked back at Tony. "Ms.Fray threw a vase at Peter and hit him. The vase caused the cuts and the hit caused the bruise."
"Paige!" Tony glared at the owner and she cowered away.
"What did you do?"
"I'm sorry! He just sneaks out every day, not coming back until three hours after curfew, he never lets anyone touch his backpack and he's been here for five years."
"That's no reason to abuse a child." He grabs his phone and hits a button before putting it away.
"The police are on their way. How about you go to the living room. My suits in there and it will watch you." Ms.Fray nodded before leaving, not putting up a fight. Paige looks at them before leaving as well.
"You've been going through that for five years?" Tony asks, breaking the silence.
"Four. The first year wasn't bad." He continues to clean his last few cuts. Tony grabs his arm. Peter looks at him.
"Your name's Peter right?" He nods his head.
"And how old are you?"
"14. 15 in three months." Tony nods.
"And why do you sneak out kid?"
"To get away. And other things."
"What are those other things?" Peter's eyes widened.
"Nothing. Don't worry about it Mr.Stark." Tony nods before walking over to Peters backpack. He opens it before Peter can get to him. He pulls out the red and blue 'suit'.
"So you're Spider-Man." It's not a question.
"That's just a costume." Tony gives him a look. Peter nods at him, confirming Tony's thoughts.
"Alright. So, you need a home. I'm sure adoption is still an option. Look at that, that rhymed." Peter shakes his head.
"I don't want you to adopt me just because I'm Spider-Man." Tony laughs softly.
"Kid, I was gonna adopt you as soon as I heard Paige talk about how you understood my stuff." Peter smiled, genuinely happy, for the first time in a long time.

~~~~~~~~
A/N: This is an Oof. I hope you enjoyed and I'll see you, in the next chapter. BUH-BYE!!!
~Grace