IDontKnowWhatToCallThis

TW: mentions of past child abuse
Peter is not Spider-Man

Tony and Pepper decided that they wanted to adopt an older kid before having one of their own. That's how they met Peter. They were led into the living room of the orphanage and the lady told them to talk to a few of the kids. They did and they couldn't really find one that they connected with. Then, they saw a boy sitting in the corner. The couple walked up to him and Pepper placed a hand on his shoulder softly. He jumped back and tried to push himself further into the wall.
"You're okay sweetheart. What's you're name?" The boy looked at the two with slight fear as he answered in a shaky voice.
"Peter, ma'am." Pepper smiled at Peter and shook her head before replying in a soft voice.
"You can call me Pepper. How old are you Peter?"
"Fifteen." Their smiles grew as they continued to talk to the boy and he slowly began to relax. He excused himself to go to the bathroom then Tony and Pepper smiled at each other. They walked towards the lady at the front desk who smiled at them.
"Hello. Have you decided if you were going to adopt?" Pepper nodded her head before answering.
"Yes. We would like to adopt Peter please." The girls eyes widened before a soft but concerned smile grew on her face.
"Peters a sweet boy. He's been in and out of here." Tony tilted his head.
"Why has he been in and out?" The lady sighed and shook her head.
"Peter doesn't seem to have the best luck. He's been adopted three times since the last of his family passed. Each home was abusive so you'll have to make sure he feels safe if you do take him with you." Tony and Pepper look at each other again before nodding with smiles on their faces.
—time skip—
It was a long process, but Peter Parker was now Peter Stark. He seemed a little hesitant when they first told them they were adopting him, but he seemed to warm up to the idea. They got to the tower and the team was sitting on the couch (im)patiently as they waited for the new Stark to arrive. The three walked into the room and they all smiled at the teen. He gave a shy smile back before Steve walked up to him.
"You must be Peter. It's nice to meet you." He stuck out his hand for a handshake and noticed how the kid flinched when he moved his arm. The team noticed as well.
"Are you okay Pete?" Clint asked. Peter nodded his head quickly before shaking Steve's hand.
—time skip—
Tony was tired and frustrated because he couldn't get his new suit to do what it needed to do in case of emergencies. After three hours, he groaned angrily and threw a hammer across the room. He heard a small gasp and he turned to see Peter standing in the door way with wide eyes.
"I'm sorry Pete. I didn't mean to scare you. Are you okay?" He walked up to Peter slowly.
"I'm- yeah- yeah I'm okay." Tony smiled at him softly before raising his hand to run through his hair. Peter winced and moved his arms slightly to cover his face before bringing them down quickly. Tony gave him a sad look.
"I'm sorry again Pete. I'm not going to hurt you okay? None of us will." Peter nodded and gave Tony a small smile.
"Dinners ready. Mom said if you don't hurry up she's gonna give your plate to Clint." Tony laughed slightly before slowly putting his arm around Peters shoulder.
—time skip—
It's been almost a year since they adopted Peter, and he seemed to be getting better. But then he walked into the training room one day while Natasha and Steve were sparring. He walked in at the worst possible moment. Right after Natasha punched Steve. He dropped his bag and that caused the two to look at him. They saw his pale face and wide eyes and knew what was happening.
"Peter, I'm sorry. Look everyone's okay. We're just practicing." Natasha tried to walk up to Peter, but he just backed away from her until he ran into the wall. He slowly slid down as he began to speak.
"I'm sorry. Whatever I did, I didn't mean to. Please don't hurt me. Please." They just looked at him, wanting to do something but not being able to.
"Friday, tell Pepper and Tony that Peter needs them." She says they were already called, and seconds later, they walked through the door. They kneeled next to Peter, but didn't touch him yet. Natasha and Steve left the room.
"Hey Pete. It's mom and dad. You're okay. No ones going to hurt you. We're all here to keep you safe. Just breathe baby." Peppers voice was soft and soothing as she spoke to Peter. A few minutes passed before Peter leaned into her and he reached for Tony's hand. They sat like that for a while until he fell asleep. Tony picked him up and carried him to his bed as Pepper followed. They all fell asleep in Tony and Peppers bed, holding onto each other, scared to let go.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: I'm extremely lonely. I hope you enjoyed and I'll see you, in the next chapter. BUH-BYE!!!
~Grace