DehYdrAtED

This is just the story of how I almost had a heat stroke, but as Peter. You get it. Also, I didn't edit this

            It was the middle of summer, meaning it was hotter than hell. Literally. Peter was sitting in the only room that had ac as he waited for his next session. Peter would volunteer at this therapy barn during the summer when he didn't go out of town. He loved doing it because he got to work with horses everyday. He only signed up for two sessions, but the person who controlled who did what came up to him.
            "Hey Peter. I know you have a session at 12 to 1 but do you think you could also do 1 to 1:30 after?" Peter swallowed the water he was drinking and nodded.
           "Of course Libby. However I can help!" He stood up to get the horse for his next session ready.
           "Thank you Peter. The schedule says the horses you'll be using. Just like normal." He nodded at her again and looked at the schedule. His first session used a halflinger named Willow. His second session was with a Appaloosa named Applejack. He brought the horses out then got his first horse ready. He took one sip of water before going into his session.
—time skip—
             He was halfway through his second session when Peter realized he was an idiot. He didn't have any water in between the sessions because he was rushing to get his horse ready. As the session went on, he began to get dizzy and he saw black dots. He didn't think much of it and just internally said he would get water when he was done. There was o lay about ten minutes left anyways. But then he noticed how it was getting harder to walk straight, focus, and he wasn't sweating like he normally did. They stopped the horse because the rider was acting up. Peter hunched over with his hands on his knees and his eyes closed. That just made his head hurt worse.
            "Are you okay?" The volunteer he was working with asked. Peter just smiled painfully at her.
            "I don't think I drank enough water." Everyone's eyes widened as they looked at him. One of the volunteers grabbed the lead rope while the other talked to Peter.
           "I think you need to sit down." Peter nodded as he stumbled to the fence. Once he got there, he began to gag as he felt like he was about to throw up. The volunteer grabbed Peters shoulders.
          "Alright, sit down right here. Someone go get Libby." Peter sat down as he tried to slow his breathing. With his dizziness and guilt of stopping a session, he began to have a panic attack, but he hid it well. Libby and another worker Peter knew walked to him quickly. He smiled at them.
          "Are you okay?" Bryan asked. Peter nodded, still smiling. Libby looked at him in concern.
          "I'll go get your water. Where is it?" Peters voice was shaky as he replied.
          "On the bench near the front." Libby nodded and walked off. Bryan looked at Peter again.
          "I used to be a paramedic. Do you mind if I check everything?" Peter shook his head, feeling drowsy. Bryan checked his pulse and temperature before grabbing his phone and shining the light in his eyes.
          "Your pupils aren't dilating. And your pulse is slower than it should be. Lay down and breathe." Peter did as he was told. That was when Libby came down with his water bottle and a wet rag. Bryan grabbed both of them and thanked her. He put the rag on Peters forehead. A few minutes later he moved it to Peters chest then the back of his neck. A few minutes passed before Bryan spoke again.
         "Why are you crying?" Peter didn't even realize that he was crying. But when that was mentioned, he also realized that he suddenly started to sweat. He shrugged his shoulders.
         "That's alright. You were bordering a heat stroke. If you kept walking for a few more minutes you would've had one. It's scary." Peter just nodded.
        "Do you think you can sit up?" Peter nodded again and sat up slowly. After Peter sat up, Bryan began talking about he wants Peter to take care of himself because, just like all the other volunteers, they felt like a family. Peter just nodded, still a little light headed.
        "Do you want to head up to the ac?" Peter nodded again and Bryan grabbed his stuff.
         "Do you need me to carry you or can you walk?"
          "I can walk," Peter replied, voice still shaky. He walked up the stairs to the ac, stumbling every few steps. When he got up the stairs he sat down as Bryan began to walk around the room. He got more water for Peter and gave him a granola bar.
         "Do you have another session today?"
          "Yeah at 2:30."
         "Okay. You're not doing that session. Drink the water slowly and eat this slowly as well. I'll be back in a while and you should have half of this gone when I get back," he said pointing to the water. He nodded as Libby opened the door. He smiled at her.
         "I was talking to the other volunteers in your session and they said you were hunched over. But when I went down you were smiling. Are you sure you're fine?" Peter just nodded again. Then his riding instructor came into the room.
         "What happened? Are you okay?"
         "I'm fine. I just didn't drink enough water."
         "Do you want me to call your dad?" Peter nodded at her. She nodded as well then walked into her office. A few minutes later she came back.
       "Your dad will be here in about ten minutes." Peter nodded and just drank more water.
—time skip—
         A few minutes passed when another worker Peter knew walked into the room with the owners son. He was talking to the kid before he looked back up at Peter.
         "You okay Peter?"
         "Yeah I'm fine. I just didn't drink enough water." Ryan looked at him sympathetically
         "Is your dad getting you?"
         "Yeah. He'll be on his way soon."
          "If he needs me to, I can take you home."
         "I can ask."
         "Okay let me know." Peter nodded before texting his dad. Tony responded saying he was on his way now and he'll be there soon.
         "So am I taking you home?"
         "No. He's on his way. He'll be here soon."
         "Okay. Be careful going down the stairs when he gets here." Peter nodded before Ryan left again. A few minutes passed when his dad texted him. He stood up slowly and said bye to the other person in the room before opening the door weakly. He walked down the stairs very slowly. When he got to the entrance, he said bye to Bryan and then saw Ryan talking to his dad. He hops into the back seat, Rhodey was in front.
          "Hey Pete, you okay?" Tony asks, handing him water.
          "Yeah I'm fine. Just tired." Tony nods, says bye to Ryan, then they leave.
—time skip—
           The next day, Peter was at the barn again. Even though his dad said he should rest for a day. He said no because he would get bored and do something stupid. So, now he was at the barn with slightly upset workers who thought he should be resting as well.

~~~~~~~~~
This is one out of four times I've been dehydrated. This was the worst experience tho. I alMosT DiEd. I hope you enjoyed and I'll see you, in the next chapter. BUH-BYE!!!
~Grace