A Safe Place To Go

The team were all sitting in the living room after they agreed to try to get things back to normal. It was a slow process, but they've all been in the tower for about a week and things were getting better. They all noticed how there was a room that was locked most of the time. Clint got in one time and noticed how it was painted brighter than their rooms. They didn't focus on that too much. Back to the present, they were eating dinner when Friday spoke.
               "Boss, Karen is trying to contact you." Even Tony seemed confused.
               "Who's Karen?"
               "Peters AI. He named her Karen because he felt weird calling her suit lady." The teams confusion grew as they saw Tony's face change to fondness then worry.
               "Put her through."
               "Hello Mr.Stark. I'm sorry to bother you, and Peter told me not to contact you, but he's in emotional distress. Something happened and now he's debating if he should see you or leave you alone."
               "Tell him to come over. Don't let him argue."
               "Of course sir." If a computer could sound relived, that's how the team would describe how 'Karen' sounded.
               "Um, who's Peter?" Steve asked. Tony's eyes brightened and a small smile grew.
               "He's a kid who helps me with some of your suits, weapons, and everything really." They all nod, still very confused. They hear the elevator open and shuffling footsteps enter the room. Peter enters and he's wearing an oversized sweatshirt and jeans. His eyes are shining with unshed tears. He looks at the team and his eyes widen before moving to Tony.
               "I didn't know you had company. I can come back another time." Tony walked up to Peter and put a hand on his shoulder.
               "What's wrong underoos." The team tried to hide their shock at Tony's soft voice. The teen shakes his head and looks down but Tony catches his eye and Peter bites his lip as he lets out a soft whimper.
               "May kicked me out. She said she couldn't afford to take care of me and she really only did it because Ben wanted to. But now that he's gone, she doesn't really care about what happens to me." A sob escapes his throat and Tony pulls him into a tight hug. The team walk into the hallway and wait there until the crying stops. They walk back in to see Peter wiping the tears off his face.
               "It's going to be okay, Pete. You can stay here. Your room is still here for you. You'll get to hang out with the Avengers. And your favorite person of course." They hear Peter chuckle softly and it makes them smile softly. Peter turns to the team and his smile is bright as he introduces himself, but they could still see the sadness in his eyes. It caused their hearts to melt. Weeks pass and they all become very protective of Peter. Whenever anything happens to him, he has to be checked over by all of them before he can do what he needs to do. They always help him after nightmares, whoever is awake when they happen. They're there for him on the good and bad days. And Peter couldn't be happier.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: I love May, but I'm still in my mood. I hope you enjoyed and I'll see you, in the next chapter. BUH-BYE!!!
~Grace