Two P's In A Pod

As soon as Tony introduced Peter and Pepper, they became inseparable. Most days Peter would hang out with Pepper instead of going to the lab with Tony. He now had two overprotective people around him and it wasn't too bad. But, sometimes, Tony would have to be the one protecting the other two because they are both incredibly smart. When you put their brains together, anything can happen. Other days, they just like to hang out and talk. They would tell random stories of their day or just rant about nothing to each other. On one of those days, Pepper noticed something on Peters right ring finger.
"What's that Pete. I've never seen it before." Peter looked confused until he saw what she was talking about. He looked back up at her with a shy smile.
"It's just a gift from someone." Pepper gasped softly and grabbed Peters hands.
"Who is it and why haven't I met them yet?" Peter just laughs quietly before squeezing Peppers hands softly.
"You've met him." Pepper tried to think about all the people she's met, then it hits her and she smiles brightly.
"Wade?" Peter nods again shyly. Pepper just pulls him into a hug.
"Since when have you guys been together? I don't remember you telling me anything about being in a relationship." Peter pulls away from the hug and shakes his head fondly.
"We've been together for six months. I didn't want to tell you just in case it only lasted a few months." Pepper just gave him another smile.
"Well, based on that promise ring you got there, I'm assuming you both think it will last a lot longer than a few months. Come on. Let's go to dinner."
"But there's nothing to celebrate."
"There's always something to celebrate." She grabbed his hand and led him to the garage.
—time skip—
Pepper watched as Tony and someone she didn't know got off the ship. Peter wasn't there. She ran up to him and was about to ask before she saw the look in his eyes. She covered her mouth as a sob broke through. Tony pulled her into a hug and they slowly fell to the ground.
"We can get him back right? He's ok. We can get them all back." Pepper didn't know if they could, but she knew they were going to try. The few avengers that were there let them be as they sat in the grass for a few hours.
—time skip—
Tony called Pepper, saying they killed Thanos and they were on their way home. He didn't say anything about anyone coming home, so Pepper didn't think Peter got back. She sat at her desk with her head in her hands. There was a soft knock at the door. She didn't look up as she told the person to come in. It was quiet for a few seconds.
"Whats on the agenda today?" Pepper looked up and tears formed in her eyes as she saw Peter. She stood up quickly, knocking her chair down, and walked to Peter slowly.
"Pete?" Peter nodded with a small smile. A tear fell down Peppers face as she pulled the boy into her arms. They hugged each other tightly as they cried silently into each others shoulders.
"I missed you Pete." A shaky breathe fell out of Peppers lips as she spoke.
"I missed you too." Pepper pulled away from the hug and just looked at him for a few seconds before Peter smiled.
"I bet it was pretty boring without me huh?" Pepper just chuckled softly and nodded before pulling Peter into another hug.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: only three more weeks left of school and I won't have to write chapters at midnight. Also leave suggestions because I want to write something you guys would like. I hope you enjoyed and I'll see you, in the next chapter. BUH-BYE!!!
~Grace