Mute

*announcement at end
         From a young age, Peter didn't verbally talk. No one knew why, he just didn't like to talk. A lot of people avoided him because they thought he was weird or they were annoyed by him. Ned was the first person to learn sign language so he could talk to Peter. He would verbally talk while Peter would sign. They became very close very quickly, and May was thankful for Ned. Then he met Mr.Stark. He was confused at first, but then he had Clint teach him sign language as well. They grew closer as months passed, and Peter began to get more comfortable with everything. May noticed how his eyes got a little brighter and his smile got a little wider. The avengers were confused because why would Tony want to learn sign language? Clint didn't even know. Tony just said he needed to learn. They planned to ask him about it. When they did, they were cut off by a kid knocking on the door. They looked at him, about to ask who he was. The kid looked at Tony and began signing to him. Tony watched and then answered with, " They just have a few questions about possible missions." The kid nodded and walked away. Thy questioned Tony and he just said, "personal intern." They were still confused.

        Peter was Spider-Man, and the people were confused as to why the hero didn't talk to the people he was dealing with. They didn't want to offend him, so they never brought it up around him.
—time skip—
Tony didn't think this would be the first time he heard Peters voice. He thought it would be while they were in the lab and Tony did something stupid. Or maybe Natasha was babying him too much to the point where he started to complain. This isn't how he thought it would happen. He didn't think he would have to hold the kid as the first words he's heard him say were him begging Tony to save him. As soon as an unfamiliar voice said "Mr.Stark" in a shaky voice, he knew it was the kid. He was hoping to be able to smile at the boy, but that's not what happened. He had to hold Peter as he slowly turned to dust. Tony wanted to remember his voice, but not like that. He didn't want to remember the apology that held so much pain as he was dying. He didn't want to remember the voice that he failed.

~~~~~~~
A/N: Oof I'm trash. There's a story that I wanted to write, kind of like a Cinderella thing, but then I saw someone else do it. It basically had the same story line and I don't want to seem like I'm stealing it, so I might not do it. Also, Unofficial Dad Peter chapter one has been published. Just go to my profile and you should see it. :) Anyways, I hope you enjoyed and I'll see you, in the next chapter. BUH-BYE!!
~Grace