Why?

TW: torture, nasty stuff

Peter's been missing for 72 hours, 37 minutes, and 22 seconds. The team was panicking. Sure Peters gone missing for about three hours because he stayed out too late on patrol, but it's been three days. Tony never left his lab, trying to track Peter. He didn't have his suit, so it made finding him harder. That was until the 78th hour of Peter being missing.
"Sir, an unknown number is trying to video call you. Should I answer?" Tony quickly replies with yes as he calls the rest of the team in. The call starts and a man in a mask is sitting in front of the camera.
"Mr.Stark and company. What a pleasant surprise." His voice was deep and gravely. Exactly what you'd expect from a suspicious phone call.
"Who are you and what do you want?" The man laughs, deep and emotionless.
"More like what do you want, Mr.Stark." He walks out of frame and Tony covers his mouth as he sees what, or who, was behind the man. It was Peter. He was dangling from chains attached to his wrist and blood was pouring out of his body. There were also dark bruises on almost every inch of him. Tony tried to hide his emotions, but the man could see them clearly.
"Well, Tony, I think we can negotiate. I want your suits and three million dollars." Tony was about to accept until he saw Peter lift his head.
"Don't give it to him Mr.Stark. I'll be fine. Just come find- AHH!" His scream cut off the rest of what he was going to say when his body convulsed from the electricity going through him.
"That's enough! He's just a kid! He has nothing to do with what you want." The man just scoffs.
"But he does. Because you care for him Tony. You think of him as your son. Well your son is very pretty. It would be a shame to see what could happen to him if certain people got their hands on him." Tony was about to scream at the man again, but the call was ended. Tony fell out of his chair, breathing heavily as he gripped his shirt.
"Tony, we're gonna find Peter, alright? But we can't do that if you're panicking." Natasha's quiet voice broke through his panic and he realized she was right.
"Fri?" There was a slight pause.
"The call has been traced sir."
—time skip—
Peter was breathing heavily, on the verge of unconsciousness. He wasn't going to fall though. He didn't want those people to do something to him while he was asleep. So, he stayed awake. He was exhausted, starving, and in a shit load of pain. He hissed with every breath, which only caused the pain to increase. There was no getting out of this and Peter knew it. The door opened and the masked man walked in. Once he did, he took his mask off. He was pale with deep brown eyes. He smirked at Peter.
"Looks like boss man is on his way." Peter just scoffed before his face morphed in pain.
"Yeah right. Tony doesn't care about me. He just-."
"Wants spidey-boy? You're wrong kid. He does care about you." He cuts Peter off then looks him up and down. "And he's gonna be here soon, so I thought I'd let my friends have some fun with you." His smirk grows as the door opens again. A bigger man walks in and Peter is immediately filled with fear. The other man puts on his mask before walking out of the room, which was now filled with terrified screams.
—time skip—
The team got to the location within minutes. They had a plan. It wasn't a well thought out plan, but they didn't have time for one of those. So they just ran into the building and showed no mercy as they made their way to the back of the warehouse.
Everyone was lying on the ground, lifeless, as the team looked at each other in fear. They have been through the whole building and they couldn't find Peter. They were about to leave when they heard a loud scream coming from below them. They ran until they found stairs and nearly fell down them with how fast they were going. When they got there, they pointed all of their weapons at the person closest to Peter. Said person quickly grabbed Peter and pointed a gun towards his head. Tony stared at the teen in horror as he couldn't even stand on his own. His eyes were half closed as his face was scrunched in pain and he was breathing heavily.
"Let the kid go or I swear to god I will rip your lungs out."The man just laughed before pushing the gun to Peters head harder, causing the boy to wince.
"I'm not letting go until I get what I asked for." Tony just nodded his head.
"I'll give you whatever you want. Just let my kid go." The others glanced at Tony quickly in surprise before looking at the man again. He just laughs before looking at the team.
"Aren't you missing someone?" He barely finished his sentence before an arrow hit his hand, causing him to drop the gun. Another arrow hit his chest as he dropped Peter. Tony ran up to the kid and grabbed him before he could fall. After he caught him, he fell to his knees as he began to examine the kid.
"Are you okay Pete? Of course you're not okay. Why did I even ask?" Tony was cut off as Peter said his name. He looked down to see the kid smiling at him softly.
"I'm all good Mr.Stark. Don't worry about me." Tony just gave him a tear filled smile before pulling him into a hug, careful of his injuries. He pulled away and saw Peter smiling at him as brightly as he could.
"Do you really care about me more than Spider-Man." Tony just wipes some of Peters wet hair out of his face before he smiles at him again.
"Of course kid. You may not know this, but you're like a son to me. I couldn't bare the thought of losing you." Peters smile grows as he becomes sleepy.
"And besides," Peter opens his eyes to look at Tony as he finishes his sentence, "Peter Parker is so much cooler than Spider-Man."

~~~~~~~~~
A/N: This is sad but cute. I hope you enjoyed and I'll see you, in the next chapter. BUH-BYE!!!
~Grace