Bucky's A Good Friend

Peter woke up at two in the morning from a nightmare. He knew he wouldn't be able to go back to sleep, so he went to the kitchen. When he got there, he noticed someone was already in the kitchen. In their hand was something Peter could tell was metal by the way the light reflected off of it. He would've been scared, but nothing warned him. So he slowly walked over and knocked on the wall to alert the person of his presence. Peter gasped slightly as he saw Buckys face. No ones seen Bucky in a long time. He was holding his metal arm in his hand.
"I didn't know how to fix it myself," he said in a soft voice. Peter gave him a kind smile and gestures towards the elevator. Bucky returned the smile and followed Peter to his lab. They entered and Peter turned the lights on low.
"Hello Peter. It's a little late. Who's your guest?" Bucky jumped slightly at the unfamiliar voice.
"Hey Karen. I know, nightmare. And this is Bucky. Don't tell anyone he's here." Bucky gave Peter a grateful look as the kid took his metal arm. While he was working, Bucky sat beside him and just watched.
"You had a nightmare?" The question came out of nowhere and Bucky didn't really mean to ask it. Peter tensed before letting out a sigh and nodding his head.
"What was it about? If you don't mind me asking." Peter kept his eyes on the arm as he began to speak.
"The same thing every night. Uncle Ben dying in my arms, people dying because I couldn't save them. You know, the usual." Bucky just gives the kid a sad look that he doesn't see, so he puts a comforting hand on Peters shoulder as he continues to work. When Peters done, Bucky takes it with a smile and thanks the kid. Peter just shrugs his shoulder with a tired smile.
—time skip—
Three weeks later, Peter finds Bucky in the kitchen again in the middle of the night. He helps him fix his arm and they talk about nightmares again. This time, Bucky gives Peter his number and tells him to call him if he needs someone to talk to. After almost two months, they became like brothers. Peter would call Bucky after waking up crying and Bucky would call Peter when he just needed to be reassured. They helped each other. Bucky asked Peter to not tell anyone where he was and Peter promised he would never do that. Peter would fix his arm when Bucky came by and Bucky would let Peter talk about his nightmares while physically comforting the kid. They had a system.
—time skip—
A few months later, the Avengers were fighting a big villain(I'm not creative enough to name a villain). They weren't doing too bad, but they needed a little more help. No one knew who to call and Peter didn't want to get Bucky involved with the rest of the team. But then, he got knocked to the side and trapped under rocks and metal. He could get out, but he decided to call in some help. It rang three times before Bucky answered.
"Hey Pete. Are you okay?"
"Bucky, I know you- you don't really wanna get involved with the team, but... we could really use your help here." Bucky could hear the pain in the kids voice.
"Peter, are you okay? Where are you?"
"Um, if you look from the tower you'll see." Peter was about to explain more, but he was suddenly pulled out of the rubble by the villain and thrown into the wall. He let out a pained scream and Bucky made his way to the scene as fast as he could. Once he got there, Steve looked at him in confusion.
"Buck? Where have you been? What are you doing here?"
"Hey Steve. I've been living in an apartment. And Peter called me. He's hurt." Bucky quickly started fighting and Steve looked at the spot he used to be in confusion.
"Peter called him?" He shook his head and got back to the fight. They won, obviously, and Bucky stood up from where he was knocked down and began to look around frantically as the team looked at him in confusion.
"Who are you looking for, Buck?"
"Peter. I haven't seen him this whole time and when he called me, the last thing I heard was his screaming." The teams eyes widened before they began looking for Peter as well. They would yell out his name but they got no response. Bucky was the first to find him. He was motionless and laying down. Bucky dropped to his knees and felt for a pulse, letting out a sigh of relief when he felt one. He took Peters mask off and winced at the sight.
"Steve! Tony!" The two quickly made their way over and Tony fell next to Peter, across from Bucky. Steve just looked at the kids injuries as he covered his mouth. Bucky began to pick him up, but Tony stopped him.
"I can get him to the tower faster." So he picked Peter up and flew to the tower. Bucky just watched in growing fear as the blood flow didn't slow. Steve just looked as his friend in shock and confusion.
"What are you doing here Bucky?"
"Peter called."
"Yeah, but how do you know Peter?"
"I came to the tower one night because I needed to get my arm fixed. I was hoping to just find what I needed but I didn't know what to do. Peter walked in and he helped. I left after he fixed my arm. The second time I had to go to the tower, I gave him my number so he could call me when he had a nightmare and needed to talk. He knew where I was staying because he would need some help after getting hurt as Spider-Man. He helped me control the winter soldier part of me and remember certain things. We helped each other." Steve gave Bucky a look.
"You didn't... do anything... right?" Buckys eyes widened in horror.
"No Steve. He's like my little brother. And he's hurt so I need to get there so I can be there when he wakes up." Steve looks at Bucky for a few more minutes before giving him a soft smile and nodding his head.
"Well, you better be prepared for having a protective little brother around all the time. He'll probably want you to stay." Steve smiles again as a fond smile spreads over Buckys face.
"Well, if he wants me to, I'll stay."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: my two favorite beans. I love. Last week of school my bois. I hope you enjoyed and I'll see you, in the next chapter. BUH-BYE!!!
~Frace